what is best rate for minivan in august?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by pokeysmom, May 1, 2003.

1. pokeysmom

pokeysmom Mouseketeer

I'm late on planning our vacation so I need help, what is the best rate you have gotten or seen on a minivan or possibly full size for beginning of August? I plan on continuing to watch rates but would like to reserve something just in case rates were to go up.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. gallaj0

gallaj0 DIS Cast Member<br><font color="blue">Watches Wing

national and alamo have some pretty decent rates, I got 8 days at alamo for about 270 total.I think you can get some for less, (payless shows up) but I like having it in the terminal.

4. WDWorBUST

WDWorBUST <font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co

Are you renting in Orlando? Or at home and driving? Right now the best rate I can get in Tulsa starting 8/29 going through 9/7 is $491.00 with all taxes and fees. That's with Alamo and unlimited miles. National has a great $179 / week rate I am getting with my DC discount but it only has 1000 miles - that won't even get us to Orlando :D However I have gotten an SUV for $325 that same week with unlimited miles....I am keeping my fingers crossed for a better minivan rate though. We could survive in an SUV but a minivan will be MUCH better. Right now I have them both booked so we can figure it out closer to our dates. Granted I am renting over the Labor Day holiday.

5. megnsamsgrace

megnsamsgrace Mouseketeer

We used the wal mart code on mousesavers for our minivan rental for October (2 weeks) and the total with taxes was $461 with Alamo. It was $180 a week... Steph

6. OhMari

OhMari WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator Moderator

Call Alamo. I did over Easter and the price was $89. I whined and he said his parent company is National. Gave me the same car for $47. I asked if it is clean or yukky and he said if you don't like it, go back to Alamo.

Car was a blazer. SCORE! National is right in Alamo! Same counter. Will do business any day with National. Didn't even need a credit card to reserve. Just my name and telephone number.

7. pokeysmom

pokeysmom Mouseketeer

thanks to all of you for the info-we will be renting in Orlando from 8-1 to 8-18. I went to Alamo and used the Walmart code and it is cheapest so far, $517 before taxes. I am going to continue to watch National and all others hopefully I can get even cheaper rate as we get closer to vacation.

8. gallaj0

gallaj0 DIS Cast Member<br><font color="blue">Watches Wing

I have recieved an email from Alamo this morning advertising $199 a week minivans nationwide. Give the website a try, use rate code "RD"; if the web site doesn't have the info, PM me, I can forward the email to you.

9. WDWorBUST

WDWorBUST <font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co

The $199.99 a week rate at Alamo is only good through 6/25/03. Just visit the rental car websites daily and keep your fingers crossed. I have seen tons of good rates advertised through 5/13/03 and then now Alamo through 6/25/03. There's just a better chance of a "good deal" closer to the time you are going. I am hoping that since Alamo has that rate over Memorial Day that I will be as equally lucky over Labor Day. Good Luck getting Great Rates to All!!