What is beef pasty from R & C?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by FloridaMM, Oct 1, 2012.

1. FloridaMM

FloridaMM Mouseketeer

I was looking at the trio app. from R& C. Not sure what beef pasty is. Has anyone tried the trio app? If so, how was it?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LillsnJills

LillsnJills Mouseketeer

Can't speak specifically for the pasty at R & C, but a pasty (pronounced pass-tee) is a folded meat pie, usually a round of unsweetened pie dough that's stuffed with meat and root veggies (carrots and potatoes or rutabagas and parsnips typically) and sealed to form a half circle. Usually it'll have a bit of a gravy inside, and will be served with extra on the side. Some are made with chunks of stew meat or steak, others with ground beef. I prefer the former to the latter, but both are common.

4. FloridaMM

FloridaMM Mouseketeer

Thanks, I was thinking it was more of a pate. I like what you described better.:)

5. Zobie

Zobie Mouseketeer

And they are awesome! I think of them as a Pot Pie to go.

6. CraigInPA

CraigInPA Since June 1974

Think of it as a Swanson beef pot pie, but made in the form of a turnover you can hold in your hand. It's very tasty rustic fare.

7. LillsnJills

LillsnJills Mouseketeer

Exactly, pot pie to go.

Pasties originated in Cornwall, as lunches for miners to take in to work. The sealed edge would be thick, to give the dirty miners a "handle" to hold onto as they ate. When they were done, they'd toss the "handle" out, as it'd be dirty from their hands. Traditionally, one end of the pasty would be filled with savory filling, the other sweet, for dessert.

</food geek>

8. MARY-IN-OH

MARY-IN-OH DIS Veteran

Very interesting! Enjoyed this! thank you for sharing.
    -mary