What is an associate?

babesboo99

Veteren Disney Vacationer
My points for BCV came in I have one question though, my daughter will be the purchaser I am wondering what an associate means which is what I wiil be temporarily. when I pay it off which will be early next year we are transferring back in my name and she becomes the associate. Does the associate have the same perks except for the discounts not really sure what it means.

An associate can book a reservation. You will find the specifics on the DVC Member website.

Transferring title requires legal documents and a new title.

:earsboy: Bill

From DVCMember.com:
A "Purchaser" or "Additional Purchaser" is a person that is named on the deed of the Ownership Interest. Purchasers are also referred to as Club Members. The Primary Purchaser is the first person named on the deed. While a reservation confirmation is normally mailed to the Primary Purchaser, any Club Member may request to receive the reservation confirmation instead of the Primary Purchaser. Additionally, all financial information pertaining to the ownership interest, including Annual Dues Statements and Form 1098 (reporting mortgage interest), will be mailed to the Primary Purchaser. To designate a different Primary Purchaser to receive the financial information mailings, a request must be submitted in writing to Membership Administration and must be signed by all Purchasers. All Purchasers have equal ownership rights and all Purchasers receive Member Cards.
An "Associate" is a person named by the Purchaser or Purchasers who is only authorized to make reservations using the Club Member's Home Resort Vacation Points. Associates do not receive Member Cards and are not entitled to the benefits and privileges that are available to a Club Member. In addition, Associates may not access financial information related to the Annual Dues and/or loan pertaining to the Club Member's Ownership Interest.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My points for BCV came in I have one question though, my daughter will be the purchaser I am wondering what an associate means which is what I wiil be temporarily. when I pay it off which will be early next year we are transferring back in my name and she becomes the associate. Does the associate have the same perks except for the discounts not really sure what it means.

Associates get no perks. No discounts, no member card, no discounted PAP. You can't go up to the Top of the World Lounge.

Associates get no perks. No discounts, no member card, no discounted PAP. You can't go up to the Top of the World Lounge.

i always thought of it as a convenience thing. i have been an associate on my grandparents membership for years and until he passed away recently my grandfather was on mine. i often made reservations for him.

associates...i believe... are about access/ability to book but not ownership.

I thought they eliminated associates to try and mess with Brokerage Rentals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter