What is about Tower of Terror and why does it scare me so much?

disneygirl520

Adventure is out there!
I love all trill rides, none of them scare me except one. The Tower of Terror I know, it's silly. I don't even know why, I don't know if it is the atmosphere or the movie or what, I try it every trip because I want to prove to myself I can do it, but ever time I leave shaking (literally).

LOL it is the same with me. But I cannot deal with the drop. I love everything else in the ride, but the dropping part was horrible! (Which considering that was all the ride was... you get where I am going! :rotfl: ) The theming is fine but I just cannot stand that feeling you get when you drop- like your stomach flies up to your heart... do you know what I mean? :happytv:

Haha yeah, the drops bother me to, but I can ride other "dropping" rides at amusement parks and those don't bother me. :)

Haha yeah, the drops bother me to, but I can ride other "dropping" rides at amusement parks and those don't bother me. :)

Really? That is strange. I am a wimp when it comes to rides, I guess at least you can ride ToT, I rode it once and almost passed out! NEVER again! :crowded:

The first time I ever rode The Tower Of Terror, I was about 7 years old. I literally ended up on my older brother's lap. It's the atmosphere along WITH the dropping that does it to me. But, other dropping rides don't bother me, so I guess we have the same problem :) I haven't gone on the Tower Of Terror, the last few times I've been, but maybe I'll try it when I go back to Disney World in about 40 days. :)

It sounds like the same problem. Have a great trip, of you do go on it you'll have to tell me how it goes :)

the tower of terrior doesnt scare me very much, not many roller costers do... the strange part is that i get scared at everything else:scratchin

Oh man, I just can't take ToT! last time I was screaming like a crazy person! When it was finally over, a little kid in front of me said "Is that it?" to which I yelled YES! I couldn't wait for it to be over and this little kid wasn't even sure it started!

The only thing that helps a little is to be sitting against the wall, and being able to hold onto the handle that is on the wall. Ugh,just thinking about it makes me weak in the knees!

Maybe it's because you only have a seat belt, since other rides have lap bars. So you are constantly flying up.

Well I think I can answer your questions as to why this ride and no other? Is it the atmosphere? Well in a way yes if you notice how in someplaces you feel uncomfortable like the boiler room I think that's from a high amount of electricity that and its meant to be spooky as to why you can't take this ride but can the others of the same.type last time i checked ToT drops you down faster then gravity pulls you so these things could be your answer

It's probably a mix of the spooky atmosphere and the fact the ride actually pulls you down faster than gravity so you start coming out of your seat.

I have the same exact problem I love rock n' roller coaster and mt. Everest but tot I have always hated, I tried going on it last spring break again and I could not get off fast enough. I just hate the feeling of free falling!

ToT is awesome. The first time I went on it I was about 9 or 10. I am 13 now and I love it. You just got to hold on to the handles the first few times you go on it. Maybe your stomach does flip; you just got to squeeze the handles. Then once u get better raise your hands up and have a good time. I scream like a baby too! :)

I love all trill rides, none of them scare me except one. The Tower of Terror I know, it's silly. I don't even know why, I don't know if it is the atmosphere or the movie or what, I try it every trip because I want to prove to myself I can do it, but ever time I leave shaking (literally).
I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN I MEAN I'VE SEEN THE MOVIE AND IT DID'NT SCARE ME AND THE ATMOSPHERE IS NOT CREEPY ETHER BUT SOMETHING ABOUT IT FREAKS ME OUT :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Well I think I can answer your questions as to why this ride and no other? Is it the atmosphere? Well in a way yes if you notice how in someplaces you feel uncomfortable like the boiler room I think that's from a high amount of electricity that and its meant to be spooky as to why you can't take this ride but can the others of the same.type last time i checked ToT drops you down faster then gravity pulls you so these things could be your answer

I think that sums it up. I adore the ride (Being a bellhop on the DCP would be a dream come true!), but then again I am terrified of It's Tough to Be a Bug. :rotfl2: I just HATE in shows when they use air or the back of chairs to make you think there is something there.

It may be just the look. Every time I see the ride i get queasy. I don't know if it is not knowing when you are going to drop or the height.

I love ToT! The best part has to be the drops! My hubby hates it though. :/ so I don't get to go on it very often since there isn't any single rider line and I wouldn't want to go on my own lol

It scares the heck out of me as well. I think I could do it if they only dropped you once. The not knowing, the feeling in your stomach as well as being in a closed in place with people you don't know all freak me out a bit. I can run grab a fast pass while the family rides it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter