What is a reasonable offer for SSR resale?

rusafee1183 said:
It's just really hard to decide what is more important..

SSR - Cheaper up front, more likely to find a resale contract and make it through ROFR, lower MF, longer contract

BCV - Priority booking for F&W, It feels homey to us and I just WANT to own there.

SSR is obviously the better choice financially.... but there's something about the BC/BW area that is just HOME to us. Every trip we have ever been on (even before we were owners) we would end up at the Boardwalk either at ESPN, or on the hammocks at the BC. It's just where we want to be and gravitate to.

BUT - I can stay at one of them using SSR points if that's the way we go. I just don't know that it will always be that way.

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

We are having the exact same debate in our house, we love the Boardwalk are and Villas, as well as the BCV, but SSR makes more sense on paper. The advice I got was to buy SSR because we are flexible with travel dates and only need a 1 bedroom, we shouldn't have too hard of a time booking at BC or BW with our SSR points. And if we do, then we stay somewhere else, but we are still at Disney, so will deal!

I'll be stalking the resale along with you, and waiting for tax returns, since we want to pay cash. The wait is killing me though!

We are having the exact same debate in our house, we love the Boardwalk are and Villas, as well as the BCV, but SSR makes more sense on paper. The advice I got was to buy SSR because we are flexible with travel dates and only need a 1 bedroom, we shouldn't have too hard of a time booking at BC or BW with our SSR points. And if we do, then we stay somewhere else, but we are still at Disney, so will deal!

I'll be stalking the resale along with you, and waiting for tax returns, since we want to pay cash. The wait is killing me though!

So what you're saying is - you're the competition ;)

:rotfl2:

Just kidding!

The wait is killing me too. We saw something we may be interested in over the weekend, but it was gone by Friday :sad:

That is a great point about flexible travel dates. We are very flexible with our travel dates and like to come to WDW at all different times of year. We also like rotating where we stay, so that would be the perk to buying SSR.

I just really love the BC/BW and I know that it would be awesome if I could make it work.

I guess it's going to come down to timing. Whatever we are feeling at the time a contract pops up will be what we decide. :goodvibes

I'm just glad that we have a little time to figure it out and that I don't feel rushed to make a decision.

Lol, yes, we will be in deep competition come tax time! In reality, it will probably be closer to May for us, we have another 2 weeks booked at WDW in Feb, so I'm fairly certain some of our tax money will end up in Disney cash registers! I figured out last night if I just picked up extra shifts every week and put the money away, it would take 4 months, so I'll set May as my goal to keep motivated.

I think we will probably go with SSR after much debate. If we saw a great offer at BW or BC, I wouldn't be able to turn it down, but I think to get our initial 200 points we will go with SSR. That way I know we will have enough points for a one bedroom almost any time of the year, and I can always add on BW or BC points later when I'm not so antsy to get it done!

good luck to you, I'll keep an eye out to see what you get! :goodvibes:

Lol, yes, we will be in deep competition come tax time! In reality, it will probably be closer to May for us, we have another 2 weeks booked at WDW in Feb, so I'm fairly certain some of our tax money will end up in Disney cash registers! I figured out last night if I just picked up extra shifts every week and put the money away, it would take 4 months, so I'll set May as my goal to keep motivated.

I think we will probably go with SSR after much debate. If we saw a great offer at BW or BC, I wouldn't be able to turn it down, but I think to get our initial 200 points we will go with SSR. That way I know we will have enough points for a one bedroom almost any time of the year, and I can always add on BW or BC points later when I'm not so antsy to get it done!

good luck to you, I'll keep an eye out to see what you get! :goodvibes:

Good luck to you also! :goodvibes

I think I am looking at it the same way as you, SSR unless something PERFECT pops up from BWV/BCV :cool1:

One thing to keep in mind that I didn't see anyone else point out is that I'd be willing to bet that a fair amount of contracts are on sale by the original owner (ie they were bought at Disney direct prices). As such, these sellers might have high payoffs on their loan which leaves them asking for a number WELL above market value.

We've been watching a 50 pt contact at Fidelity that's asking $100/pt and it's sat for about a month and a half now because the price is outrageous in terms of market value. Normally those contracts are gone in less than a day. The seller has said that they can't go any lower because of what they owe on it. I guess maybe a little closer to the end of the year they might be willing to take a loss so as to not pay the MF fees for 2013. We shall see.

We're March use year and it's been incredibly difficult to find the right small point contract. I think we're settling on maybe buying 160 pt contact since there seems to be a ton of those.

Good Luck!

One thing to keep in mind that I didn't see anyone else point out is that I'd be willing to bet that a fair amount of contracts are on sale by the original owner (ie they were bought at Disney direct prices). As such, these sellers might have high payoffs on their loan which leaves them asking for a number WELL above market value.

We've been watching a 50 pt contact at Fidelity that's asking $100/pt and it's sat for about a month and a half now because the price is outrageous in terms of market value. Normally those contracts are gone in less than a day. The seller has said that they can't go any lower because of what they owe on it. I guess maybe a little closer to the end of the year they might be willing to take a loss so as to not pay the MF fees for 2013. We shall see.

We're March use year and it's been incredibly difficult to find the right small point contract. I think we're settling on maybe buying 160 pt contact since there seems to be a ton of those.

Good Luck!

I actually saw that listing and had to do a double take! :scared: I was shocked at how high it was listed. Now it makes sense

Fidelity prices seem to be higher than the rest and they seem to have more smaller contracts. They were a reseller for Disney and would get contracts from them. I don't know if that is still true since they discontinued their premium charge.

:earsboy: Bill

Got closing docs today for ssr at 68 pp on a 90 pt loaded contract. Anything under150 pts is gone we watched for months. Anyhow we are thrilled to be in and we don't care about a bit extra cost.

Got closing docs today for ssr at 68 pp on a 90 pt loaded contract. Anything under150 pts is gone we watched for months. Anyhow we are thrilled to be in and we don't care about a bit extra cost.

Yeah, the more I am watching and hearing from people if you want a smaller contract, you're going to pay for it!!

I may just keep saving for a while and get a larger contract than expected. Seems like you'll pay relatively the same up front, I just need to figure out if the MF's are worth the extra points

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter