What is a "GUAR" booking for rooms?

Bigbaby

Mouseketeer
I see this alot but not sure what this means for me? Also how is deck 2? I am looking for an oceanview stateroom. The $$ is cheaper but not by much.

PS have TA working right now on price... Im so excited he he. :teeth:

"GUAR" means a guarantee of that stateroom category. Rather than being assigned a room, you're simply guaranteed a room in at least that category. On the rare occasion, you'll get a better room than you paid for. Usually, you get what you paid for.

A GUAR is a guaranteed stateroom of the category that you pay for you just don't know your room number or deck yet, some people say this is the best way to get an upgrade but who knows, deck 2 is very popular with a lot of people, p.s checkout the secret porthole rooms on www.castawayclub.com they are normally booked ages in advance but you may be lucky :Pinkbounc

"GUAR" or "GTY" booking is to say that you are guaranteed the category listed or better. For example, if you are GTY cat 11, you pay the cat. 11 price, and you are guaranteed either a cat. 11 room or better for the same price.

Some people extend this to say that you are more apt to be upgraded at GTY status. Whether that is statistically proven or not, is another story!

goingbacksoon

"GUAR" or "GTY" booking is to say that you are guaranteed the category listed or better. For example, if you are GTY cat 11, you pay the cat. 11 price, and you are guaranteed either a cat. 11 room or better for the same price.

Some people extend this to say that you are more apt to be upgraded at GTY status. Whether that is statistically proven or not, is another story!

goingbacksoon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter