What I'm Focussed On - Scavenger Hunt 2015

Something Yellow
26 January 2015

osvqlt.jpg

Olympus P&S

Last edited:

This is the Melbourne Cricket Ground, our equivalent of a Baseball Stadium*.

I was there on Valentine's Day (14 Feb) of this year to see the opening match of the Cricket World Cup. The match was between the two traditional rivals, the Australian (in yellow) and English (in blue) Cricket Teams.

The MCG has a capacity of about 100,000. On this day, there were 84,366 people watching the Aussie thrash the Poms.

I'd like to claim that you could see a cricket ball in flight in this shot. But I know better. All pictures were taken with the smart phone!

Body Art (excluding self)

17 - 55 lens, ISO 250, f/6.3, 1/80 sec

Flower

100 mm Macro lens, ISO 4000, f/13, 1/60 sec

Inversion/inverted*

100 mm Macro lens, ISO 2500, f/20, 1/100 sec

Papoose**

200 mm, ISO 2500, f/4.5, 1/80 sec

Spider Web

17 - 55 lens, ISO 320, f/2.8, 1/320 sec

Moonlight, over Reflection* on the Yarra River

10 - 22 mm lens, ISO 200, f/11, 20 sec

Moonlight

200 mm, ISO 200, f/9, 1/160 sec

Eclipse** (taken on 4 April, 2015)

200 mm, ISO 1600, f/4, 2 sec

princess::upsidedow

I am posting these first few even though they are slightly before January 2015. My DH and I went on our first cruise ever the week after Thanksgiving on the Disney Magic. These are from the cruise. All the photos were shot with a Nikon D5200

Thanks for sharing, @tazdev3225 . Hope you've been well. Been a while since I've seen you on the photo boards.

Lovely sunset shots!

Thanks for sharing, @tazdev3225 . Hope you've been well. Been a while since I've seen you on the photo boards.

Lovely sunset shots!

Thanks I have more to come.

I have been OK. Had a really rough year, my dad was diagnosed with cancer and then had a really bad fall that postponed his treatment allowing it to spread. He's facing a tough road but expectations are he will be well.

I have been away from the boards, felt a bit inadequate compared to some of the other posters. I always have my camera with me though. My DGD nominated me for woman of the year in her class and drew a picture of me. I was wearing my signature Grumpy shirt with a camera around my neck. Now that my dad is doing better I'll be around more.

Thanks I have more to come.

I have been OK. Had a really rough year, my dad was diagnosed with cancer and then had a really bad fall that postponed his treatment allowing it to spread. He's facing a tough road but expectations are he will be well.

I have been away from the boards, felt a bit inadequate compared to some of the other posters. I always have my camera with me though. My DGD nominated me for woman of the year in her class and drew a picture of me. I was wearing my signature Grumpy shirt with a camera around my neck. Now that my dad is doing better I'll be around more.

Sorry to read about your rough year. Hope your dad gets better all the time.

I know what you mean! There are some really good photogs on the boards.

Sorry to read about your rough year. Hope your dad gets better all the time.

I know what you mean! There are some really good photogs on the boards.

Thank you. He sounded really good today when I spoke with him, that is always good.

I don't think I'm bad til I see some of their photos then I second guess my ability again. I have a new camera that I am looking forward to using this summer. I bought the new Nikon P900. That 83X zoom is amazing. As soon as the softball equipment is out of my car I will be able to get to the tripod and head to the river for the aerie down there. We have a group of Bald Eagles that are amazing to watch soar over the river. But I will be able to get into the nest now. The 300 lens just doesn't get close enough.

Airplane, with Pilot**

1506 SydneyVivid 8.jpg

ISO 100, f/8, 1/320 sec

Airplane, from inside*

1506 SydneyVivid 17.jpg

ISO 1600, f/8, 1/100 sec

Clouds

1506 SydneyVivid 14.jpg

ISO 100, f/10, 1/80 sec

Last edited:
Welcome to the Vivid Festival, held in Sydney from 22 May - 8 June. Vivid Sydney, now in its seventh year, is one of Australia's major event in winter and is recognised as the largest event of its kind in the world combining music, light and ideas. I headed to Sydney for the last couple of days of Vivid and this series of posts are all from the light illuminations.

Sydney Harbour Bridge* (I'm claiming it as a specialty bridge!), with the Sydney Opera House in the background.

1506 SydneyVivid 628.jpg

ISO 6400, f/18, 5 sec

The Sydney Harbour

1506 SydneyVivid 678.jpg

ISO 2500, f/18, 6 sec

The Sydney Opera House was all lit up with building projections. It's a Famous Landmark*, wouldn't you say?

1506 SydneyVivid 965.jpg

ISO 2000, f/4.5, 1/3 sec

1506 SydneyVivid 1028.jpg

ISO 1600, f/4, 1/2 sec

Last edited:
Here's a bit of History/Historical* context. The Argyle Cut was hewn by convicts through the sandstone ridge of The Rocks to connect Sydney Cove with Darling Harbour and Millers Point. It was started in 1843 by convicts with hammers and chisels, and completed in 1867 with the help of explosives. For some time until 1900 it was the underground home of thugs, petty gangsters and rats. The site was cleaned up after the plague forced authorities to sanitise the area.

I'm glad I didn't know about the rats before my visit. I DID lie down on the road to look up!!!

1506 SydneyVivid 211.jpg

The installation here featured imagery of bird, marine and animal life originally filmed by the BBC Natural History Unit for its television series Life Story.

Would you believe Underwater*?

Eagle**

Hummingbird Feeding**

...and my personal favourite......Whale in Ocean**

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Museum This is the outside of the Sydney Museum of Contemporary Art.

ISO 250, f/11, 10 sec

Owl* (Projected on Customs House, Sydney)

ISO 6400, f/4.5, 1/20 sec

Bubbles

1506 SydneyVivid 533.jpg

ISO 6400, f/2.8, 1/60 sec

Fountain, slow shutter speed*

1506 SydneyVivid 693.jpg

ISO 500, f/18, 5 sec

Pool fun, mid air Dive*

1506 SydneyVivid 1058.jpg

ISO 5000, f/3.5, 1/10 sec

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter