What if I'm not happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizneydiva2005

<font color=teal>But there were crab legs!!<br><fo
Ok, going to use the free dining in Sept. This will be the first time for free dining and for using the Dining plan where tip is not included.

My question is -- what if you have terrible service- do you have to pay the tip that is included? Or can you leave what you feel the server should get. I realize you can add more- but what about less?? I mean will they hunt me down after I leave a different amount and pick pocket me?

:confused3

oops- let me correct myself- we'll have 8 people in our party so I'm told tip will be added. So now I'm wondering what IF I'm not happy- do I have to pay the amount that is added? OR can I leave whatever my little heart desires?

The tip is not included so you leave whatever you want! Sorry didn't see your bottom post.

You can leave whatever you want. If the service is truly bad, then don't leave 18 - 20%.

The tip is earned so great service means a nice tip and bad service means not so nice a tip. My dh and I did the dxddp and loved it. We do the dining plan every year and don't always agree with the changes but the changes are easy to figure out.

What would make you not happy? The service? If so speak to a manager. The food? Again speak to a manager. That doesn't mean you have to leave a huge tip, but if there's a problem let management know so they can help correct it.

oops- let me correct myself- we'll have 8 people in our party so I'm told tip will be added. So now I'm wondering what IF I'm not happy- do I have to pay the amount that is added? OR can I leave whatever my little heart desires?

It doesn't matter where I dine, be it at WDW or elsewhere...when I am notified in advance that parties of a certain size automatically have a standard tip amount added, that means you should pay that amount.

It does not, however, preclude me from informing a manager early on about my displeasure in the service and seeking some sort of adjustment in that amount based on any valid complaints.

But with a large party that has a set tip %, I'd suggest coming to an agreement first with the manager about any reduction in tip rather than just leaving whatever you decide.

You are correct that with a group over 6, the tip will automatically be added to your check. You will need to speak with a manager if there is a problem and you feel that the tip is not deserved.

IMHO I think you're worrying too much about this. If you go in worried about or expecting bad service, you're more likely to experience it (or think you're experiencing it.)

You are correct that with a group over 6, the tip will automatically be added to your check. You will need to speak with a manager if there is a problem and you feel that the tip is not deserved.

IMHO I think you're worrying too much about this. If you go in worried about or expecting bad service, you're more likely to experience it (or think you're experiencing it.)

naw, that's not the case, I go to disney 2 times a year for the last several years and when on the dining plan- I don't worry so much about the tip- it was included... bad or GREAT service. I wasn't 'paying' it from my pocket so whatever. Ok, not true- but that's another story.

BUT now that I'll have to shell out the cash for tip- if I'm not pleased by no means am I willing to pay 18% - I've had enough terrible sevice while at Disney to know- I'll probably run into it again. Like while at Mama Melrose- my 8 year old bit into a bone when eating his chicken parm. It actually made one of his teeth come out while sitting at the table. He was bleeding and crying. I told the waiter about it- he says... OH like that wasn't planted so you could get a free meal. Yeah, that's it buddy, I told my 8 year old to chew down on a bone and make his tooth come out... oh and we added blood just for the whole effect! :rolleyes:

Although, maybe things have changed since the tip is no longer included. The servers will have to 'work' to please for their tip... but again, knowing we're a party of 8 - they know the tip is added- see where I'm going with this? In circles :rotfl:

I'm not worrying over a $5 or $10 tip here folks, but more like $60 for a party of 8. For 6 nights- adds up.

I'm just saying- what if I'm not happy and I don't feel that 18% that will be added is a fair price for not so great service?

Again, the answer is you will have to speak with a manager if you want the tip removed from the check due to poor service.

Your only other option is to split your group in half and dine seperately then pay whatever tip you want.

To have the tip adjusted you'd need to work with the manager of the restaurant.

If they won't help you at the time, I'd charge it to my room and work with my hotel concierge to have the charge reversed from my room. In my experience concierge is fantastic to work with.

Again, the answer is you will have to speak with a manager if you want the tip removed from the check due to poor service.

Your only other option is to split your group in half and dine seperately then pay whatever tip you want.

OMG!!! MY daughter just realized you're from Stallings- we just moved from there 4 years ago- lived in the only log home there!!! I think.
I have family still in Stallings. Going to Indian Trail tonight for my son's hockey game at the XICenter!! We live in Waxhaw now!

If at anytime anywhere, your service is so bad that you do not want to leave your normal tip, you need to speak to a manager right then. Because if you don't and just leave a crummy tip, that server is not going to know why and whatever problem you encountered will continue to happen. The server and the manager should be informed while you are still in the restaurant and before you pay your bill.

Think about your own job. If you make a mistake, don't you want someone to catch it so you won't ever do it again? Mistakes happen but the key is to make sure it doesn't ever happen again.

Talk to the manager before the end of your meal...give them a chance to correct the situation! I think you'll find most restaurant managers will see that you get good service if it's lacking: they'd far rather have happy customers reporting good times!:thumbsup2

Stupid Question here - I haven't done DDP since tips are not included.

When, with a party of 6 or more, they "add" the tip to your bill - how is it paid for? When you give them your card for DDP do they automatically charge the tip to your room?

What if you don't want it charged to your room? What if you would rather pay cash? I'm just curious - does anyone know?

And with less than 6 people - what if you don't have or want to leave cash for the tip, but instead want to charge it to your room or credit card. Do you tell the server how much of a tip you want to leave and then they charge it to your card or room?

It can be confusing...We're on the DXDP and based on our ADRs and the menu prices we're each going to put a certain amount of cash in a "tip kitty". This way after our TS meals we will take the tip from the kitty and leave it for the waiter.

Do you need to tell your waiter how you plan to tip before the bill is settled? I feel bad for the servers who may run into guests without extra cash for tips or not a good understanding on how to leave a tip. Or guests with larger parties who automatically have a tip charged to their room and that they didn't want to.

The tip is not included so you leave whatever you want! Sorry didn't see your bottom post.

I was informed for any party of 6 more, an 18% gratuity will be automatically added to the bill....not the suggested tips posted at the bottom for a party of 5 or less.

we are a party of 8 as well. although im not happy with the policy i ahve decided it is what it is.
do you have 8 adults? $60 is a lot to pay for a tip, that would assume a bill of $333. i guess maybe if your drinking that would ahppen, but thats a pretty high bill.
we are a perty of 8. 5 adults 2 kids and an infant. so really its just 7 meals but from looking at the menus i am averaging about $200 a meal(but i think many times it will be less than that) thats a $36 tip. not so bad as i wont be paying the whole thing. the other family we are with can pick up half of it.

but yeah if you ahve a problem with your service, tell a manager. i dont know how they will correct the problem though. they cant take a meal off the bill and i dont think thetll take a tip away froma server, so it would be interesting how they would handle that.

we are a party of 8 as well. although im not happy with the policy i ahve decided it is what it is.
do you have 8 adults? $60 is a lot to pay for a tip, that would assume a bill of $333. i guess maybe if your drinking that would ahppen, but thats a pretty high bill.
we are a perty of 8. 5 adults 2 kids and an infant. so really its just 7 meals but from looking at the menus i am averaging about $200 a meal(but i think many times it will be less than that) thats a $36 tip. not so bad as i wont be paying the whole thing. the other family we are with can pick up half of it.

but yeah if you ahve a problem with your service, tell a manager. i dont know how they will correct the problem though. they cant take a meal off the bill and i dont think thetll take a tip away froma server, so it would be interesting how they would handle that.

Yes, I have what disney considers 8 adults- I have a 11 year old, 15 year old, and two 18 year olds. Plus 4 adults-

If you go to Kona's the bill will run over $300 gotta think appetizers, meal, and desserts- easy over $300.

Yes, I have what disney considers 8 adults- I have a 11 year old, 15 year old, and two 18 year olds. Plus 4 adults-

If you go to Kona's the bill will run over $300 gotta think appetizers, meal, and desserts- easy over $300.

well at least with 4 adults you will ahve someone else to share the tip bill with?

surely you arent eating at kona every night, im sure you wouldnt be spending 300 on every single meal, right?
we dont eat there, simply because we dont wish to spend that much.

In general we leave 18-20% tip at most restaurants. Last year we had the DDP and our service at many restaurants was the pits. Almost immediately when they found we were on the DDP our service decreased. I am certainly hoping for better service this year, if not we will have some flexibility as to how much tip I leave. Hopefully, it will be better in some of the restaurants that we ate in last year. I'm not afraid to leave less than 18% either, so my tip will definitely be reflective of my service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter