What "Hook"ed you on cruising with DCL?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by MNKelly, Mar 8, 2013.

1. MNKelly

MNKelly Mouseketeer

[​IMG]
    Spacious staterooms, lively entertainment, kids activities, food? What made you decide to book with DCL & just how hooked are you on cruising?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Justacruiser

Justacruiser Military Veteran

Here is the common answer you will hear. "The Disney Experience"

Entertainment is Outstanding
    Food is Good - Very Good
    Activities for Kids Very Good - Excellent
    CM's and customer service - Normally Outstanding

very hooked!

4. bbn1122

bbn1122 DIS Veteran

Disney.....magical touch

Customer service...

Elegance of ships decor....

Rotational dining....

Something for everyone....

:thumbsup2

5. quickcat

quickcat Mouseketeer

I love the rotational dining! This is why we keep coming back :)

6. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

Clean, family atmosphere.

Quality.

7. gunka

gunka DIS Veteran

That after 7 days on board none of us wanted to get off the ship. We loved everything. The room, the entertainment, the staff, the ship, the food....and especially the "Disney Magic".

8. Luv2Diz

Luv2Diz We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

The entertainment, the food, the nice cabins, the great CMs, the atmosphere, the gorgeous ships. The whole magical Disney experience!

9. JKSWonder

JKSWonder Twelve plus trips and counting

Kids activities. My children are their absolute, best selves on DCL. It's probably the happiest, most content I have ever seen them.

And because the kids activities are so good, I don't even have a second of guilt leaving them to go have a much needed massage or to enjoy a martini or two with DH in the evening. That sort of peace of mind is worth it to me.

10. sparklechicks

sparklechicks It's all about the Mouse!

I would have to say it is the way my children act and enjoy themselves on the cruise. They have such a great time that to me it is the best money spent. They absolutely love it. I tell all my family/friends - they take us on their vacation!::yes::

11. Steve Dexter

Steve Dexter Would rather be at Satellite Falls

The ships. They are absolutely beautiful. When in port, it's so nice to look at all the ships and see that your's is by far the most beautiful one. The Dream class ships are also technology marvels, very cool.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but I love the characters too!

12. Genie-In-Training

Genie-In-Training Earning My Ears

I can't say any one thing. I will say this. I don't know if anyone else has had this experience, but on our last cruise on the Dream, we docked in Nassau next to another ship(RC I think). We were on the heated tile loungers in the RF room. Now, the other ship was very nice. It was massive and had a rock climbing wall. We took one look at the other ship, turned to each other and remarked how depressing it looked, compared to our mouse-infested ship!:)
    To our surprise, several other people on loungers said they had the exact same thought. I can't say what it is about DCL, but for us there is no other choice.

13. ksucats

ksucats Mouseketeer

Activities for kids & BYOB. Seriously, the BYOB is probably the main reason that I booked Disney in the first place. It was the way I justified paying Disney prices after talking to family friends who had bar bills over $1000 on other cruise lines.

14. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

Although we have a GREAT relationship, I don't think DW and I have actually danced to a song in over 10 years. We got to dance last month while going to the adult entertainment options at night, while the kids were in the clubs. On our first cruise last year, we just had some quality time the two of us, but never ventured to the adult area until the last night (and watch the comedy show). We are non-drinkers (well, I do, DW doesn't, and I don't like drinking alone) so we felt awkward at first...

I threw the hint we should go the two of us for our 20th anniversary to Alaska or Europe and the next day I caught DW looking at the WBT cruises for next year and my jaw dropped...

We had an EXCELLENT time. To me, a much better time than WDW and we've gone there many times...

15. MNKelly

MNKelly Mouseketeer

We were on the same trip out of Miami...2/11...it was our first cruise ever and I'm not sure another will stand up to it. We booked for next February on the Fantasy but I'm pretty sure any other crusie line will be a disappointment! So glad to hear you and your DW had an EXCELLENT vacation, we all need that once in a while.

16. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

Nice! We had a blast the last night, specially with the 80's flashback and trivia. And looking forward to the next cruise - xmas 2014. But I do have a dummy booking still pending anyway...

17. Kim1964

Kim1964 <font color=teal>Was intimidated by her bug, but d

We chose DCL for our first cruise, which we just took last month on the Dream. We've gone to WDW annually since 2004 and love the quality of the parks and the resorts. We decided that we should stick with a brand we know and trust for our first cruise.

We were right to do so. It really was a Dream come true, and I can't wait to go back in 2014.

18. sunryzez

sunryzez Mouseketeer

The kids club. My daughters love it especially my oldest who hates everything ( and I mean everything) I t was so great seeing her with a smile for once =)

For me it was Palo, Bingo, the spa(rainforest room) and just the overall atmosphere.
    Im sooo hooked, I think about it WAY too often...lol

19. ChristinaDK

ChristinaDK Just like we dreeeeeaaaamm it

We will do our first next year. The main reason is: it's Disney!!!

20. sorceressk

sorceressk Mouseketeer

Lol! There's nothing embarrassing about loving Mickey!

Quality of service. Ain't no one does service like the mouse.

21. TLSnell1981

TLSnell1981 Tiny bubbles... make me happy... make me feel fine

:thumbsup2