What home party plan are you a consultant for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great thread! I just started selling Silpada Designs, which is sterling silver jewelry - I love it because it sells itself - there is not a real "presentation" - just play with the jewelry! (I think someone earlier said they sold jewelry but I'm not sure if it's Silpada or not.) I make 30% of sales, but there is no inventory (other than samples to show) and I don't have to deliver product - all orders are placed online and are shipped directly to the hostess or customer, so it's very easy on that end. A

What else I really love is that I can fit it into my schedule (this is true for all home shows though!) - I found that what works best for me is to limit myself by scheduling only 2 nights/week to do shows. It ends up averaging about $600/week in profit - definitely helps us afford my Disney addiction. LOL

Also I LOVE that they are still young and there aren't that many reps yet - I think nationwide it's like 9000 or so?

welovewdw said:
What a great thread! I just started selling Silpada Designs, It ends up averaging about $600/week in profit - definitely helps us afford my Disney addiction. LOL

Wow, I've never heard of this company. I'll check it out. (Would you all believe I only make about $600 A MONTH--working part-time 5 days a week! )

I am a distributor for Premier Designs - a jewelry company. I used to work 60 hours a week, but not anymore!!! We make 50% profit so on an average night in about 4 hours, I make, on the average, $200! $50/hour!!!!! We also make 10% off of those that we sponsor. Premier also has no inventory requirement, no minimum order and no monthly quotas.

The jewelry is beautiful and practically sells itself so you don't have to be the most out-going person in the world to make it work. I have been in for 3 1/2 years and absolutely have NO regrets. My business paid for my last WDW trip and my new car!

Advantages - You can wear your product, so it is easy to strike up a conversation about what you do. Established company (in business for 20 years) so no fear of company failure. Only 17,000 jewelers nationwide so it's no where near saturated. There's so many, I could go on and on!

Disadvantages - I really can't think of any. Really.

I agree with the others that have said that the taxes are really not a big deal. Don't let that stop you.

But, I would like to say that if you are in it to earn extra money, be careful of some of the other companies that only give their reps 10-30%. You won't make much, so you'd better really like their product.

Some companies also have hidden costs, like that you don't get your full discount when you order unless your order is a certain dollar amount. I will not name names because I love some of the other companies, but if you would like to know more, I would be happy to try and help you. There are some great companies out there!

God Bless!
:earsgirl:

Wow, I've never heard of this company. I'll check it out. (Would you all believe I only make about $600 A MONTH--working part-time 5 days a week! )

If you have any questions, just PM me.

I was chatting with my neighbor today. She is a new Pampered Chef consultand and just had a $1000 show last night!

Anyhow, I am having a party for her next month and she is going to put a Pampered Chef Open House sign in my front yard a few days before the party so all the neighbors know about it. Does anyone else do this?

She is also recruiting some of the neighborhood kids to help her put fliers out on the doors advertising her new business.

Just thought I would mention these to things. Maybe someone could borrow her ideas....

What do you do advertise your business?

Alexander said:
Longaberger for three years now. Only problem is I buy more than I sell, so there is no profit!

:goodvibes I also sell what I love to buy. :goodvibes

welovewdw said:
What a great thread! I just started selling Silpada Designs, which is sterling silver jewelry - I love it because it sells itself - there is not a real "presentation" - just play with the jewelry! (I think someone earlier said they sold jewelry but I'm not sure if it's Silpada or not.) I make 30% of sales, but there is no inventory (other than samples to show) and I don't have to deliver product - all orders are placed online and are shipped directly to the hostess or customer, so it's very easy on that end. A

What else I really love is that I can fit it into my schedule (this is true for all home shows though!) - I found that what works best for me is to limit myself by scheduling only 2 nights/week to do shows. It ends up averaging about $600/week in profit - definitely helps us afford my Disney addiction. LOL

Also I LOVE that they are still young and there aren't that many reps yet - I think nationwide it's like 9000 or so?

A friend of mine just hosted a Silpada Designs show. I wasn't able to attend, but I browsed the catalog. I was impressed by the jewelry...it was very nice. I've been to Premiere jewelry parties, and purchased some, and I have to say that in my opinion, it's junk (hoping not to offend anyone who sells it or likes it!) The Silpada jewelry was beautiful...I did see some in person that my friend was wearing.

Someone was asking how you get people to host a party. One of my friends was selling Discovery Toys and when she was getting started, she would "trade" with other consultants. She would have a Tupperware party, and the Tupperware consultant would have a Discovery Toys party. Also, our daycare used to do a one stop shopping event at the holidays. They would invite a bunch of consultants (Tupperware, Avon, Pampered Chef, Creative Memories) into the daycare one evening and we could come and shop at a bunch of different booths.

Coll0610 said:
Someone was asking how you get people to host a party. One of my friends was selling Discovery Toys and when she was getting started, she would "trade" with other consultants. She would have a Tupperware party, and the Tupperware consultant would have a Discovery Toys party. Also, our daycare used to do a one stop shopping event at the holidays. They would invite a bunch of consultants (Tupperware, Avon, Pampered Chef, Creative Memories) into the daycare one evening and we could come and shop at a bunch of different booths.
We swap parties too! I'm an Avon rep and although I don't really do parties, it's a way of meeting new people and letting them know about my products.

I think I may ask some of our local daycares about hosting a shopping evening this fall!

This has been such a great thread. Thank you all for the great info.

I am seriously looking into Big Yellow Box and Homemade Gourmet.

My daughter is now looking at Mark (Avon) and Bead Retreat. She makes beautiful custom jewerly and watches anyway.

I know everyone said don't sweat the taxes, but I still will until I get it all figured out.

Hey, is there a Direct Marketing for Dummies or something out there?

Leader of the Club said:
Hey, is there a Direct Marketing for Dummies or something out there?

There are lots and lots of great sites out there for direct marketing businesses! Don't worry about that part about it!

Tine731 and anyone else concerned about percentages...don't concern yourself with percentages. Look at what you make per show. Sometimes one company's 25% commission on an average show, is greater than another company's 50% commission.

If you want more information direct selling, check out the Direct Selling Association at http://www.dsa.org

Tine731 said:
What percentage to you make on Avon?

Depends on how much you sell.
I made a guaranteed 50 % on my first 4 campaigns.
Then it went to 20-50 % (in 5 % increments ie: 20%, 25%, 30%, 35%, etc.)depending on how much you sell. I usually fall into the 40% range. Once you make President's Club (sell a certain amt each campaign) you get a rebate and other offers, too. :flower:

Tine731 and anyone else concerned about percentages...don't concern yourself with percentages. Look at what you make per show. Sometimes one company's 25% commission on an average show, is greater than another company's 50% commission.

That is very true! Also check out if you pay for hostess earnings/gifts or if the company pays for them (so they don't cost you)

I"m looking into becoming a home party consultant but not sure which one to go with. I want one that will be the most profitable and one where people would actually be interested in buying. for example, wouldn't jewelry die out after awhile? a company where people would have to buy more periodically.
also, do the consultants have to buy the free gifts for the hosts?

I was also thinking about this, but doing something PT as I work FT. I was considering getting info on a certain "candle" company. Anyone have any info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter