What herb do you use the most?

pamelaz

Meowza
Which one can't you live without?
How do you use it?

Thinking of which one to choose.. I think it depends on my mood, but I'm probably going to go with basil or oregano, although cilantro is used often too.

For me it would be garlic and then thyme and rosemary. I don't know how to cook without garlic, olive oil and onions :rotfl2:

Basil in tomato-based dishes, thyme with chicken or beef, rosemary with lamb:thumbsup2 I also use tarragon with chicken or fish, dill with salmon and herbs de Provence for pizza and pasta sauces (or to throw in the crockpot;) )

Basil in tomato-based dishes, thyme with chicken or beef, rosemary with lamb:thumbsup2 I also use tarragon with chicken or fish, dill with salmon and herbs de Provence for pizza and pasta sauces (or to throw in the crockpot;) )

Try it on turkey (that's how I do the holiday turkeys) and chicken as well. YUM!

I use savory a whole lot- I add it to most of my poultry dishes as well as my soups. I also like to add cinnamon to chicken and beef dishes in small amounts. I find myself using a lot of the same spices on many things as they are the flavors we all really like.

I use a lot of fresh basil in the summer, but I agree with greeneyes that garlic and onion make everything better. I also have been using a lot of dill, its so good in a potato salad or in biscuits.

My go-to herb, especially in the summer, is dill. I add it to just about everything, from salads, to eggs, to grilled chicken - I haven't found anything it isn't good on. I also use a lot of cilantro. In cooler months, I use more oregano and rosemary, when I'm cooking heavier dishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter