What have you washed and did it survive?

I once washed the remote control to my CD player. My friend had left it in the pocket of his jeans. :confused3 When I took out all the clothes it was in many pieces at the bottom on the washer. I dried it off, snapped it back together, put new batteries in and it still works.

Cell Phones, chap stick, crayons, money, shopping lists, markers, wallets, glasses, razor knife, spoon.

that's all that I can remember right now. We have an issue with emptying pockets BEFORE the clothes hit the wash.

All but the crayons survived. And with those...my KIDS almost didn't survive. :lmao:

My "spare" cel phone.

Took it out of the washer, took out the battery, opened the back up and let it dry for 3-4 days.

Put it back together, charged it up & it works good as new.

We (meaning I) have washed the key fob/opener for our van. It survived. We also washed and dried another one. It survived, but then when I tried to use it in the parking lot at the grocery store, the car suddenly (as we had used it several times before) didn't recognize the key and thought I was trying to break in and wouldn't stop honking.

That was fun.

Kids in the car, ice cream in the trunk, summertime, strangers giving me the hairy eyeball, and I am calling the dealership and the guy is laughing at me because he can hear the car honking in the background. I finally got it started and the honking stopped and drove right to the dealership to pick up my *new* key fob.

So for the automatic door opening key fobs, they can be washed. But don't dry them.

My favorite is when my son puts his wet pull-up in the wash and I don't discover it until I pull it out of the dryer. The lint trap will never be the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter