What have you learned the hard way?

^^:rotfl2:^^

Reminds me of the two guys we saw trying to light a wet log, about 10" in diameter, with a lighter!
Depends on what it's "Wet" with. Wet with "Water"... No dice... Wet with Kerosene? Now that's a different story. :)

Oh, it was wet with water! It had rained all the day the day before and in the morning. A few people left the campground early bc they could not get fires lit. That is why we brought our own wood.

When sighting in your DW laser on her handgun, pay close attention to where your left thumb is!

Hahaha! This thread brings back good memories of our numerous tent camping trips with our five kids. We always got wet and no matter what we planned we still got wet. One time we came back to our site outside of Washington DC and there was a foot of water in our campsite. It still rains every time we go camping now but now we never get wet. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

A bit :offtopic:
One time we came back to our site outside of Washington DC and there was a foot of water in our campsite
When I was younger (back in the mid to late 70's) we had a camping trip on a "Primitive" site local to us. We had a basic Pop-up (No electric, water, sewer, etc... Just slide out wings with the beds and the dinette in the middle that dropped down to a bed) where the 4 of us kids (at that time) slept. Mom and Dad slept in a Canvas (yes... Real Canvas) tent that was about 6'x6' and about 8' high. While we have camped in the rain in the past, this was a "Flooding" rain. Even though we were on "high" ground and were safe from actual flooding, there was ground HIGHER then us, and it created a river through our site.
We basically just packed up our necessary stuff and spent the night at home. (20 minute drive from Campground). Then came back next day after it was over and cleaned up and finished our camping trip. That was a crazy time too.

Okay back ONtopic.gif

Hahaha! This thread brings back good memories of our numerous tent camping trips with our five kids. We always got wet and no matter what we planned we still got wet. One time we came back to our site outside of Washington DC and there was a foot of water in our campsite. It still rains every time we go camping now but now we never get wet. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

I'm glad to hear that we are not the only one Mother Nature likes to torture! We have any on-going joke in my family that Mother Naure (AKA She Who Shall Not Be Named) hates us bc the first several camping trips had less-than-ideal conditions- nightly temps of 30 degrees, or lots of rain. We had the cancel the firdt night on one of our trips due to sever thunderstorms and tornado watches in the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter