What hard-copy docs (besides ID/citizenship) do I ACTUALLY need at the port?

perditax

DIS Veteran
Sorry to start a thread about this, just confused. The only thing my DCL online-check in (which is completed) prompts me to print is a signature/payment auth form. I keep seeing references to 'be sure you have your cruise documents ready when you arrive at the port', and I saw a screenshot yesterday of a sign in PC saying to have your cruise contract ready at the port. What is the actual deal?

I have two things:

1) The little booklet DCL mailed me. (The spiral bound one).

2) The payment auth form (printed/signed/ready to go). It's only two pages.

Am I supposed to have something else? Does the booklet even factor in?

Thanks in advance.

(I understand what citizenship paperwork I need but I know people like to mention it anyway so go ahead. :) )

We have always been asked for the little booklet when entering the terminal, but I think if you can't show it, is no big deal. People who book short notice will never get the little booklet.

The printed out form is actually just a version of the same form that is included inside the booklet (you could fill it out in there instead of doing online check-in). This you will need to hand over. However, I understand that they can print it out there as well.

On my last two cruises we also received an email with the health questionaire shortly before the cruise (maybe 14 days?) which we had to fill out. My first two cruises we received it at the terminal and I am sure they still have the form available there.

So, ultimately you NEED not bring anything besides your state issued documents. However, I recommend bringing the booklet, the print-out and the health questionair (if emailed to you) to make things quicker at the terminal!

We have always been asked for the little booklet when entering the terminal, but I think if you can't show it, is no big deal. People who book short notice will never get the little booklet.

The printed out form is actually just a version of the same form that is included inside the booklet (you could fill it out in there instead of doing online check-in). This you will need to hand over. However, I understand that they can print it out there as well.

On my last two cruises we also received an email with the health questionaire shortly before the cruise (maybe 14 days?) which we had to fill out. My first two cruises we received it at the terminal and I am sure they still have the form available there.

So, ultimately you NEED not bring anything besides your state issued documents. However, I recommend bringing the booklet, the print-out and the health questionair (if emailed to you) to make things quicker at the terminal!

Thank you. Apparently if there's a signature form in the booklet, I either didn't notice it, or I signed it in addition to the online one. >.> I'll check that tonight.

Thank you. Apparently if there's a signature form in the booklet, I either didn't notice it, or I signed it in addition to the online one. >.> I'll check that tonight.

They might have eliminated it? I am not sure I checked this years documents for it, but I noticed it in the first cruise documents booklet I got.

I am glad you asked this. We are cruising on Saturday. Last night I went to print my signature page and add a credit card for charges (I did the online check in long ago but was too lazy to do these two things). Whaddayaknow? I missed the window and no access to online check in (4 days before apparently). Ugh. I don't see a signature page in our booklet but I may have overlooked it. I wonder if DCL can email the form to me and add payment card over the phone...
Sigh. I was hoping not to have to go to guest services upon boarding and also want to speed through port check in. Not a huge ordeal but kicking myself anyway.

*ETA: Nope, signature page not in the booklet anymore. I recall it was a few years ago.

Last edited:
I received my booklet for our September 12th 2015 cruise and the signature page was included.

The signed online check-in documents and your passports are all you really need. You will be asked to show ID at the guardhouse when entering the port, and again, along with your OLC forms and health forms (the latter provided at the terminal) when you check in at the counter.

Honestly, I have found that the only thing the little spiral-bound booklets are good for are the luggage tags inside, and even those can be obtained at the port. I no longer carry the booklets with me.

I received my booklet for our September 12th 2015 cruise and the signature page was included.

Bummer. I wonder why my 9/5 booklet doesn't. In the cruise document section, I have these pages: Gifts & Ammenities Form, Data Protection Notice, Onboard Airline Pre-reg, Ground Transfer Purchase Option, and Directions to the port.

Oh well. :) Called DCL and they can't email the sig page but as expected, it is available in port. I at least have the health form printed. LOL

Sorry for the hijack/tangent post, perditax.

To actually sail you only need you id (BC+id or passport). All other things can be printed and signed at the terminal.
It's more convenient to use the luggage tags from the booklet, but at the port they can issue these. No problem.
Cruise contract can be printed and signed at check-in. You can also add your CreditCard to the stateroom account there and this can be done at guest services onboard too. It saves about a minute to print, sign and bring them.
Minor debarkation form can be obtained at guest services.

But remember: no proper id = no cruise. Period, no exceptions.

Ok, I checked my last booklet (June 2015) and indeed, the signature form is not included, instead it says: "You completed your Cruise Contract Online. Please remember to print and sign any online documents and bring them with you in order to sail."

I guess if you have completed the online check-in by the time they print the booklet, they no longer include it. Makes sense. However, I was told by a CM that it was good that I had the print out as that saved her from printing it out. So, they have the ability to print it out there as well.

You actually need nothing. Everything can be signed when you get there. Just your proper ID and you can do everything once there.

(we have a cruddy printer and I am sometimes forgetful, so this has been experienced!)

The absolute minimum two things you need to go through the boarding process are your ID (birth certificate/passport) and a payment method. Disney can provide all the other forms in the terminal, if you don't print out your signed payment authorization and/or don't have a copy of the health form.

If you forget everything else, even your luggage, you can board and have a great cruise. They sell clothes, toiletries, cameras, etc on the ship. Although remembering your luggage would be a good idea!

The booklets sometimes show up quite near the cruise date. I know it can be unnerving when you haven't heard from them, but have faith. They'll show up. Not the end of the world if they don't, but they are nice, have luggage tags (again you can get them at the terminal), and lots of fun information to read.

we just showed the booklet with our stateroom number and our passports. Some folks where showing the printout of the signature form with their stateroom number and passports.

There is no need to concern yourself with the Health Questionnaire beforehand. It will be available at the terminal. And since the questions mostly ask about health issues in the past 2 or 3 days or "currently", there is no good reason to fill it out ahead of time. In fact, you probably shouldn't.

In Miami we spent quite awhile trying to get into the port because I didn't bring the spiral book. The person wanted the spiral book. I had all the other documents printed out but - where is your book? ??? Geez... Yikes...
I did find the Miami folks were not quite as knowledgeable as PC. I had to remind our CM when we checked in to give us a boarding number card...
I have heard others find Miami a bit more chaotic...so
BRING your spiral book if you are cruising out of Miami! Makes life easier

Yeah we've always been asked for the spiral book. They scan it for transfers from the airport in Orlando. And they wanted to see it to get into the terminal in miami. I always carry that, my passport, and my signature form.

Just to clarify, this thread seems to be about two different document checkpoints: one to enter the terminal and one to check in for the cruise...

I stand corrected about the OLC documents. I remember now that I actually saw someone at the counter in PC who did not bring those docs with, and the CM printed them off. That having been said, if everyone did that, it would make the lines even longer and slower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!