What happens when positive for bomb residue?

My dh tested positive at MCO on our last trip. No idea why, but everything he brought was searched and then we were allowed to continue on with our flight. Luckily we had plenty of time before our flight, but it was a bit scary all the same.

Did you leave it in your carry-on when it went through the xray machine? If so, that's why your bag was pulled and searched and they tested the bottle. You should always remove these types of items (liquid prescription drugs) and put them in a separate tray. If you did this and it was tested, then chances are it won't happen again. You are worrying for nothing.

No. I "declared" the bottle. It was separate from the 3-1-1 bag. The person told me to put it in the grey bin next to my carry-on. It was in the original bottle with the prescription label on it.

-----------
Our flight home was fine. Though I did notice that the little human picture on their scanner showed a square on my right foot...even though it's my right hand that is full of metal :rolleyes1

There are a lot if false positives with those swab tests as well as a lot of positives because of cross contamination based on everything theAirport Security Screener has handled since he/she last changed gloves or them using swabs on multiple items.
As a PP mentioned, be sure to have the Airport Security Screener change gloves before they touch your property. If they are going to swab your property, have them swab and test their gloves first and then use a new swab on your stuff.

About 5 years ago we were pulled aside on our trip to WDW. I had 2 plastic mini m&m tubes filled with quarters and pennies for the pressed penny machines. That is what set it off. They had to take everything out of our carry on and swab the inside of it. I had packed the carry on very carefully too since we weren't checking luggage that trip. What a mess when they were finished. Oh well. Next trip, I put them in my checked luggage and when the luggage arrived, the m&m tubes were in the luggage, but the quarters and pennies were not. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter