What happens in the club at night?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by donaldsgal, May 5, 2012.

1. donaldsgal

donaldsgal First row for Tower of Terror, Rock-n-Roller Coast

My niece is 6 and will be spending some time in the clubs during our cruise in two weeks during the day. She'll also be in the club on two nights while her mom and I go to Palo and Remy. What happens at night? Do they give the kids dinner? Do they let them play or have them lay down? We were planning on taking her to Cabanas or the quick service lunch spots before our dinners, but our last cruise was before she was adopted by my sister, so this is a part of cruising Disney that is new to us!

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MrsMas

MrsMas Another Huge Disney Fan

:offtopic: Sorry I cannot answer your question. I can't even get my 16 y.o DD to go to the club. :rotfl2: I just wanted to ask where you got the Mickey & Minnie picture? I love it.

4. donaldsgal

It's the picture my cruise meet is using for our upcoming cruise. It was DISigned by a DISer who I think is no longer on the boards. It's a small version; if it was bigger, you would be able to read the group-specific words we've chosen. Thanks for the compliment!

5. shburks

shburks DIS Veteran

They will feed them. Go back and look at the Navigators recently published and you can see the time. If that doesn't match up with what time she'll be in there, then I'd get something from counter service or room service for her!

6. Tinknalli

Tinknalli DIS Veteran

They do feed them, usually sandwiches or pizza. There are no other activities going on during meal times and kids who do not eat need to occupy themselves quietly. The activities begin again after dinner and continue till closing. It is not unusual to see kids asleep in front of the tv on a beanbag though.

7. LynneyPooh

LynneyPooh Mouseketeer

As pp stated children can eat in the clubs, check your times. As far as the activities the later it gets, the quieter they are. If your neice is going to be there late, you'll likely find her on a mat, bean bag etc watching tv/movie, or asleep.

8. Pesky

Pesky "Who's the monkey?!"

Check some of the past posts of on-board navigators. I remember seeing some club activities, usually starting around 7:30 but all were more quiet, like storytime.

9. donaldsgal

Thanks, everyone! :)

10. eetravel

eetravel Earning My Ears

Jumping in b/c I was wondering the same thing. thanks for the info. That being said, do they have snacks/drinks available during the day or after dinner? My DDs are always wanting a drink and tend to graze throughout the day. Just wondering if we'll have to make frequent trips to the clubs or not.

11. SnowWhite2

SnowWhite2 DIS Veteran

No food in the clubs outside of meal time, unless they are making cookies.

12. tinkmom2

tinkmom2 DIS Veteran

They have the dine and play where you take the children to dinner with you and they eat and are picked up by the club counselors. We took advantage of that once. They have the characters come in for story time or a pajama party. There are computers with kid friendly games on them. They can also dress up in Pixie Hollow. They also do crafts and use the computerized floor.

If you leave your child there before lunch they take the children to lunch but as the previous poster said they generally don't eat at the club unless it's a lab snack that they made or if it's a meal time.

We would generally do lunch in our room via roomservice and then go to the club. For Palo I scheduled it early enough so we could make our normal dinner time. It was our first time on the Dream and we didn't want to miss anything. They do take the kids to dinner but it's earlier because they have to be in and out before normal dining.

13. buckeyefam

buckeyefam Livin it up Mouse to Mouse

On the Fantasy, it was my understanding that they have a room in between the lab and club that the children were served plated food at meal times. Similar to how meals were served on CC. I was told, however, that they do not make the kids eat. They are invited to eat, but it is their responsibility to come to the table. Our daughter "missed" lunch one day when she got very involved in a computer game. As far as water, I believe there are drinking fountains near the restrooms. ;)

HTH

14. mks001

mks001 Mouseketeer

They did feed them when we were on the Dream, our son on the other hand would not stop to eat. We learned quickly that he needed to eat before he went to the club otherwise it was not going to happen.

I love telling the story - the only time on our cruise our DS cried was the first night when we pulled him out of the club close to midnight. He was having so much fun and so scared that he was going to miss something.

15. Tinknalli

Tinknalli DIS Veteran

True. They use the same computer lab type room where they do super sloppy science and cooking activities etc. Meals are not elaborate and there is no choice in what is available. The one night I picked DD up during meal time they were serving pizza but I did not see anything else being offered.

16. Arkum

Arkum Mouseketeer

I guess we'll be feeding our kids beforehand IF we end up getting reservations for Palo. Thanks for letting us know that they don't make them eat. My son probably wouldn't come if he didn't have to.

17. cinderellanprince

cinderellanprince Mouseketeer

i was in the club right when they were serving lunch on the wonder and it was turkey sandwiches, fruit, chips and apple juice. my kids are kind of picky and wouldn't have eaten the sandwiches so the night we went to palo, we let them order room service (a habit they love and always ask for now, when it is not included in the price of the room!) then took them to the early show before we dropped them off in the club.