What Happens if you show up early/late for ADRs?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by jenniferyawn, Sep 22, 2012.

1. jenniferyawn

jenniferyawn Jenni the Pooh

Always managed to be on time before but I'm a little worried about one this time...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. juliebug1997

juliebug1997 DIS Veteran

I've read reports that they'll charge you the fee (if it's one of the restaurants that do this) after 15 minutes. If you show up after that time, they may try to work you in. However, at some of the more popular restaurants, I would imagine they would not be able to do that.

4. Chaoticsweetness

Chaoticsweetness Mouseketeer

Depends...if you are early they may be able to seat you earlier than your reservation. Sometimes when its busy you have to wait until your reservation time.

If your late I believe they give you a good 15-30 mins time frame for the reservation. But now they have the new policy with the credit card number on file with the popular restaurants, so I am not so sure how that works.

5. letsgoagainsoon

letsgoagainsoon North Central PA

We have been close to 20 min late before and they have held the table. Always makes me nervous though... I hate being late!

6. disnut8

disnut8 DIS Veteran

Would be helpful to know which restaurant.

7. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

And which meal and what time. We almost missed a breakfast reservation at Kat Kouzzina because we were late and breakfast service was ending. We just made it by about two minutes (we were about 15 minutes late for a late breakfast ADR).

8. longrf01

longrf01 Mouseketeer

They wil try to accommodate you as best they can. I sometimes show up an hour early. Usually I'm told they'll fit me in, a few times I've been told to please return later at my scheduled time. A server once said that when people with 'prime time' slots come earlier during a slower period it makes their life easier.

Last week I was 15 minutes late for a slot at Coral Reef and they fit me in.

9. jenniferyawn

Thanks everyone!!! The one I'm worried about is Donalds Safari Bfst in AK... Our ADR is for 8:00am! I know we will be up but I'm worried about waiting for a bus from POFQ and getting there on time...

10. emilyann415

emilyann415 DIS Veteran

Personally I'd take a taxi to this one. Not too expensive and will make your life SO much easier!!!!!

11. longing4disney

longing4disney Mouseketeer

I have 8.05 CRT on one day and crystal palace same time on another. Park scheduled to open at 9. Staying at the Poly. Will the monorail be operating around 7plus if park only open at 9? We stayed at Cr previously and always walked. Now I am a little worried about the monorail operation time.

We have Tusker before park opens too. Prob take the advice of the previous post and take a taxi. Will we need to pre-arrange taxi with the concierge?

12. Jcricket Fan

Jcricket Fan DIS Veteran

longing4disney the resort monorail starts running at 7:00 am so you should have plenty of time to make it to MK for CP & CRT!

Enjoy, an early CP breakfast is our favorite!
    Peace.
    Colleen

13. longing4disney

Thanks! We are so looking forward to it :)

14. cybrkitn

cybrkitn We called it Bonko

ITA. Take a taxi. It's what we had to do when AK had Donald's Breakfastosauras back in 2006. This way you don't have to worry about being late.

15. maj42169

maj42169 Wishing Upon A Star!

I would also take a taxi to get there on time. That is a popular breakfast that is always sold out, so they may not be able to accommodate you if you are more than 15 minutes late. A few dollars for the cab is worth not having the headache over bussing.

16. seashoreCM

seashoreCM All around nice guy.

I would not take a taxi to an Animal Kingdom breakfast before park opening time.

You could get stuck at the toll booth waiting for THAT to open.

Animal Kingdom restaurants should honor* your reservation if you are late due to extreme transportation problems.

Buses start running around 6:30 AM. You will need all that time since buses don't run as often that early and you cannot count on the sweet spot bus not being too full to take you.

*Maybe not immediately but should be before other parties who physically arrived after you even though they were punctual for their ADRs

17. longing4disney

Has any one been successful with a taxi or bus from the poly to a pre park opening ADR at Tusker house? What time do you have to leave the poly? Pls share.

18. HadesTX

HadesTX Whoa. Is my hair out?

Almost every time we were early we were seated early. The rules for being late/not showing up have changed since our last visit.

19. jenniferyawn

Thank you everyone!!! I appreciate all the advice!!! Good to remember there are many with early ADRs... Thank you!!

20. taaren

taaren "There is more treasure in books than in all the p

I would like to know this, too as we were planning on taking a taxi to AK from BLT on an EMH morning so we can grab a few extra minutes of sleep rather than wait for a bus.