What happened to our book thread?

I'm finishing up Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I can't get another freebie from Amazon until August 1 so I'll read Gone Girl next. Then back to Harry Potter.

I honestly can't believe how much I'm enjoying these HP books. I thought the movies were ok but the books..wow so good! I can see why there was such hype over their release. I do plan on re-watching the movies now.

OH, and I'm also listening to The Book Thief. Best book ever! :thumbsup2

I'm finishing up Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I can't get another freebie from Amazon until August 1 so I'll read Gone Girl next. Then back to Harry Potter.

I honestly can't believe how much I'm enjoying these HP books. I thought the movies were ok but the books..wow so good! I can see why there was such hype over their release. I do plan on re-watching the movies now.

OH, and I'm also listening to The Book Thief. Best book ever! :thumbsup2

The movies are nothing in comparison to the books - a mixed up Cliff's notes version. I've re-read and re-listened to the books over and over again. Even paid for the e-books for it. They're my go-to books when I'm between other books.

I just finished reading Shutter Island, and now I'm moving on to Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel. I love historical fiction about Henry VIII!

I just finished The Spies Who Never Were about British double-agents during WWII. Pretty interesting. Now I'm on to The Horsemen, which is excellent, but that may just because I'm a horse racing fanatic.

Gone Girl was fantastic. I couldn't put it down. I don't know what I'm going to read next. I have so many books to read....

I loved that book, she is all kinds of messed up :rotfl:, I lol every time he seen Detective Boney , and sanf Boney Maronni to himself :rotfl:, I read another book by Gillian Flynn called Dark Places, another page turner, its really good, she has a 3rd book also, want to read it, but forcing myself to read a couple of other books first

I just finished "The Kitchen House." I think you will like it if you liked "The Help." I thought the ending was rushed, but for the most part, I really liked it.

Oh I think Kitchen House is one of my favorite books. I really couldn't put it down. If you liked it and The Help, you might want to check out Rush Home Road. I really liked that one also

I just finished reading Shutter Island, and now I'm moving on to Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel. I love historical fiction about Henry VIII

Me too. Wolf Hall is on my top 5 list.

Okay...I think I have found a new book/series that has FINALLY hooked me.

I read the sample from Amazon of Laurell K. Hamilton's Guilty Pleasures and really wanted to keep reading! My Amazon card HATES me right now.:rotfl:

KimR said:
I'll be so glad when this vampire craze dies down. I don't know how many times I've picked up a book that looked like it might be interesting only to find out it's another one of those damn vampire books. Enough, already!

I'm with you! Vampires - bleh!

I missed the last thread but am happy I can join in for this one!

From the above posts, it looks like I need to read Wolf Hall. I love books from that era :-)

I just picked up a few books to read on vacation. Has anyone read these & are they any good?
Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff
Honolulu by Alan Brennert
Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
Sea Change by Karen White
Yes I seem to be all over the place, but I didn't know what I'd be in the mood to read.

I just read the synopsis of Gone Girl and that one is definitely going on my list. Has anyone read 'Before I Go to Sleep?' I read so much that I'm rather jaded and rarely find a book that I cannot put down, but that one had me riveted. I was torn because on the one hand I couldn't wait to find out what had happened to the protagonist but I was enjoying the book so much I didn't want it to end. Anyway, if you enjoy mystery/suspense novels, I highly recommend it.

I just read the synopsis of Gone Girl and that one is definitely going on my list. Has anyone read 'Before I Go to Sleep?' I read so much that I'm rather jaded and rarely find a book that I cannot put down, but that one had me riveted. I was torn because on the one hand I couldn't wait to find out what had happened to the protagonist but I was enjoying the book so much I didn't want it to end. Anyway, if you enjoy mystery/suspense novels, I highly recommend it.

I really liked "Before I Go to Sleep" also!

I think "Gone Girl" is going to be my next book. I'm currently reading Stephen King's "11/22/63." It's good, but I am not flying through it like I do most books.

Oh I think Kitchen House is one of my favorite books. I really couldn't put it down. If you liked it and The Help, you might want to check out Rush Home Road. I really liked that one also

Thanks!

I just picked up a few books to read on vacation. Has anyone read these & are they any good?
Yes I seem to be all over the place, but I didn't know what I'd be in the mood to read.

Sarah's Key is really good.

I loved that book, she is all kinds of messed up :rotfl:, I lol every time he seen Detective Boney , and sanf Boney Maronni to himself :rotfl:, I read another book by Gillian Flynn called Dark Places, another page turner, its really good, she has a 3rd book also, want to read it, but forcing myself to read a couple of other books first

I know! :rotfl: I'm going to get one of her other ones soon...but right now I'm reading The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists as well as some other stuff.

I know! :rotfl: I'm going to get one of her other ones soon...but right now I'm reading The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists as well as some other stuff.

It's the author that is messed up. She wrote that stuff:rotfl: I am currently reading the Divergent series. If you liked the Hunger Games, you will enjoy this series:banana: It's a trilogy but only book one and two have been written so far so be warned..book three isn't expected until Fall of 2013:rolleyes2 I read:rolleyes2:rolleyes2

I've been reading heavily this summer. These are the books I've read thus far:

The Dirty Life on Farming, Food & Love
Dead End Gene Pool
Seal Team Six
Bossy Pants
Not Taco Bell Material
My Lucky Life in and out of Show Business
This Time Together
Most Talkative
Seabiscuit
Unbroken
Wild
In the Garden of Beasts

I highly recommend Unbroken and Wild. They are both very good. After reading Unbroken, I decided to read another of Laura Hillenbrand's books...Seabiscuit. She is quite a good writer. In the Garden of Beasts is a slow boil of anger about how long Hitler was allowed to get away with his antics, long before the war had even begun. As far back as 1933. This book is very in depth of who did what and when. Interesting read for sure.

Lately, I've just been picking books off the NYT Bestseller's List in the Non-fiction category and reading all of them (that are politics...lol)

Anyone have any recommendations for Non-Fiction books to read. I enjoy biographies the most. Please share a god read you've had. Thanks.

I've read lots of books this summer, but the one that has stuck with me the most and I found the most profound was Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake by Anna Quindlen. Her book really touched me.

I just started reading The Lost Daughter and have The Homecoming of Samuel Lake up next. :)

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'm 3/4 of the way thru "Buddha in the Attic" -- story about the community of Japanese women, from coming over to marriage to men they've only seen pictures of, to the aftermath of Pearl Harbor. Very well written and engaging.

I was disappointed in the ending of Buddha in the Attic. I have been trying to muddle through the newest John Irving one, but I don't have much interest in it. I usually love his books, but this isn't one of my favorites.

Oh I'm excited for this thread! I have been stuck in a "vampire teen mind-numbing" slump for MONTHS and am dying to find something worth reading. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy a good mind-numbing vampire book but I need more sometimes too! :rotfl: I am actually currently reading The Four Agreements which is a super deep book so I need something a little lighter. Love historical fiction!!

I'm reading Gone Girl right now. I can't wait to find out what happens! I wish I could stay home and read and I'm only about 20% into the book. I'm going to the lakehouse this weekend so I'll definately be reading a lot over the weekend. (One of my favorite things to do at the lake is to get a fresh cup of coffee and sit out on the porch reading in the mornings. It's heaven!)

I'm with you! Vampires - bleh!

I missed the last thread but am happy I can join in for this one!

From the above posts, it looks like I need to read Wolf Hall. I love books from that era :-)

I have Honolulu in my to be read pile but I have read Moloka'i by Brennert and I LOVED it!!!

Right now I am reading War Brides by Helen Bryan and I really like it so far :)

Ooh, I was looking for this thread yesterday and saw it was locked due to length. Thanks for restarting it!:cool1::thumbsup2

I just finished Night Strangers which was good and now I'm going into beach fluff mode! I have Elin Hildebrand's new beach one, Pat Conroy Beach Music, and Night Circus loaded on my Kindle to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter