what happans when I change reservation???

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andee515, Feb 8, 2013.

1. andee515

andee515 Mouseketeer

Has anyone paid their deposit for room only reservtion with gift cards and then changed if a better deal comes out?:scratchin
    Do they just move the balance or do they have to put it back on the giftcards and retake the cards again for the new reservation...

I have a reservation for the AoA Oct 31 with @ a 9% AAA discount, but was hoping to find a room only for 15-25 with annual pass rates, wasn't sure how complicated it was going to be. ( I have used 32- $50 gift cards so far:) hopefully that won't bite me in the butt:upsidedow)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. tcherjen

tcherjen DIS Veteran

OOPS didn't read the question fully :) I did it with a credit card

4. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

As long as you keep the reservation as room only, a discount can be applied without cancelling/rebooking as long as the resort/room type you have booked is available under the discount. Having a reservation in place does not guarantee a discount can be applied, so sometimes you have to be flexible with your resort in order to take advantage of a discount. The only time a reservation has to be cancelled/refunded and a new reservation booked (requiring a new deposit) is when you go from one type of reservation to another (i.e., book room only but want to change to a package). Room only and packages are different reservation systems so money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other. Make sure you keep all of the gift cards because if something does happen and you have to cancel for some reason, Disney will credit the amounts back to the gift cards.

5. andee515

andee515 Mouseketeer

Thank you for info:flower3: