What food do you bring?

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by DISvirgin1, Feb 8, 2013.

1. NorthernGrl

NorthernGrl Mouseketeer

My 4 are grazers, so you betcha we bring snacks!
    We drive and bring a cooler, so I freeze juice boxes, yogurt tubes etc. to fill it up and keep it cold for the drive. We don't buy a lot of pre-packaged or single serving things at home, we save them for camping or vacations.
    We bring:
    The little single serve cereals, the ritz crackers that already have PB or cheese on them, cheese strings, pepperoni sticks, yogurt tubes, apple sauce squishers, lunchables (mostly for the drive), individual bags of goldfish, and 100 calory packs.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sb682

sb682 DIS Veteran

We're staying off-site and DH is already panicking about spending $100/day (my rough estimate) on dining. I figure if I can save some money by buying snacks at home for our picky DS and some healthier options for the two of us (we are driving, no big deal), he is less likely to have an aneurysm somewhere in World Showcase over the food prices. :rotfl:

4. Timandalicia

Timandalicia Mouseketeer

Here are my odd ones that typically are not kn people's lists. If you are a coffee drinker. Coffee for your in-room coffee maker. I bring nuts and beef jerky because I feel like I don't get a good source of protein when snacking- sounds strange I know. Nothing chocolate when we are in the parks. Always a mess.

5. samacita

samacita Mouseketeer

For those of you bringing/purchasing milk, where do you store it? Do all rooms have fridges or only the villas and family suites?

6. mommy2_3

mommy2_3 DIS Veteran

i am bringing lots of snacks. we are driving, so im going to have a few walmart bags filled with different things. they are going to be seprated though. some for on the way down there and then others for the parks. we plan on doing breakfast in our room every morning but 2 mornings when we have character breakfast. before we head home we are stopping at walmart to stock up again. this is my list so far

fruit snacks, bananas, mini muffins, goldfish, pretzels, animal crackers, popcorn, honey nut cheerios, cuties (those little oranges. my kids love them!), granola bars, gum. and in our cooler will be pre made subs, pre made salads, apple slices. we are also bringing bread and peanut butter for peanut butter sandwiches. for drinks we are packing water, dr. pepper (for my husband) sprite, and my brisk iced tea. the kids get water and juice boxes. alot of that is going to be eaten on the way down there. what im bringing into the parks is fruit snacks, im making baggies of mixed things like goldfish, pretzels, animal crackers. im prob. going to buy those little boxes of cereal for my kids and husband then buy milk right before we check in. also cant forget about styrofoam bowls and plastic spoons!

7. RedHeadedFairy

RedHeadedFairy DIS Veteran

We drive & typically request a fridge in our room if they don't automatically come with one. No dining plan for us & I always keep drinks in the room.

8-10 oz sized bottled waters (easier for the kids to drink the full bottle & toss... as we make our way thru the parks our backpack gets lighter, lol)
    Capri Sun flavored water foil packs. (These freeze great too)
    Chex Mix or whatever snack mix is a fave at the time
    Fiber/Protein Bars
    Monster Rehab green tea/juice blend (for Me, I'm not a coffee drinker but these are awesome to help perk me up on RD mornings)
    Fresh fruit - bananas, apples travel great. Sometimes I pack pre-cut melon in the cooler & we eat that on arrival day knowing we'll be eating a lot of apples over the next few days
    Crystal Light water flavorings
    DH packs stuff like vienna sausages, beef jerky, etc.
    String Cheese
    Cereal/Pop Tarts
    Gum
    Snack sized cookies, trail mix, etc.