What fashion fad do you wish you could forget?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by jenweaver, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Piglet4Ever

Piglet4Ever <font color="navy">Navy Wife, toughest job in the

Agree :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KristaTX

KristaTX ♥DIS Veteran♥

I do! I was thinking a few years ago that Mork would be a good adult costume for Halloween, IF you could find some of the suspenders :).

4. shoney

shoney DIS Veteran

I remember wearing lots of body suit shirts in the 90's, so they stayed tucked into the higher waisted jeans. what a pain to go to the bathroom:confused3

5. minkydog

minkydog DIS Cast Member

Poodle perms! OMG. I kept my hair in a tight perm through most of the 80s. I look at my pictures not and my hair looks awful. The perms always reddened my dark hair and it didn't look natural. I have very straight hair, without an inch of curl. When the perms grew out, the hair would be very straight for about 1-2" either side of my part, so the top of my head looked flat. The only way to fix is was--wait for it--MORE PERM.:headache:

6. tazdev3225

tazdev3225 <font color=darkorchid>I sucked my thumb up with t

Polyester!!! It was all the fad when I was in my teens. Leisure suits and then the silky patterned shirts that went with them, and they were strange patterns. What were we thinking?

I think my biggest fashion regret was the powder blue tux with ruffled shirt I had my husband wear when we got married though. Not a good look at all.

7. badblackpug

badblackpug <font color=blue>If you knew her you would be shoc

Yes, I do, too. I remember them riding up and being super uncomfortable. Which reminded me of these: http://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/5929020/il_fullxfull.330449405.jpg

I am ridiculously tall and can't wear a 1 piece. This was like an atomic wedgie.

8. Scornelius

Scornelius <font color=deeppink>Suburban Princess<br><font co

Low rise pants. Half the joy of pants is that you don't have to shave. With how low pants were getting, you needed a bikini wax! If I can see your pelvic bones, you're showing too much!

Also, Anorexia Chic. Models should not look like holocaust victims.

9. whatname

whatname Mouseketeer

I was trying to explain to my kids the other day about how I used to wear a comb in my back pocket in the '80's. It was some wild color. Now, that was fashion.

I could forget those pants with all the zippers on them, made out of nylon or some other synthetic. We called them parachute pants.

Wasn't it popular for girls to wear ties? I seem to remember that.

I, too, had the tight perm. One after another. Cut into a mullet and sprayed hard with hairspray, bangs standing straight up. What was I thinking?

Ahh, memories.

10. joviroxx

joviroxx <font color=blue>rectally reporters television pro

Members only jackets , leg warmers and those big slouch socks!

11. LSmith

LSmith DIS Veteran

I agree, skinny jeans are very awesome but you need to be skinny to pull them off. Also, men look ridiculous in them.

I call Uggs "Uglies". My daughter has many pairs of them. Crocs are disgusting unless you are two or under.

12. ilovevacation

ilovevacation Mouseketeer

Hilarious!!!

Does anyone remember peg legging jeans? I plan to avoid that and the kriss kross look for as long as i live.

13. Dee & Greg

Dee & Greg DIS Veteran

Stirrup pants with pumps.. at the Club... 'nuff said

14. Gumbo4x4

Gumbo4x4 Note to the ladies who forgot to

Pants around the knees and men's capris. I'm sorry, but if your pants end 5" above your shoes, those are NOT shorts.

15. snarlingcoyote

snarlingcoyote <font color=blue>I know people who live in really

:rotfl: I hate to tell you, but I just bought some big dark purple plastic framed Ray-Bans for my everyday glasses. They are the "new thing." I love not having tiny little glasses anymore! Bring on the big frames that I can actually SEE out of in nice plastic colors! I'm torn between getting a new pair of metal frames for re-enacting and buying a second pair of glasses just like these but in a different color!

16. Soldier's*Sweeties

Soldier's*Sweeties DIS Veteran

I hated Uggs too until I moved here to NY. I refused to buy them and got some nice boots that were not Uggs.

Then I got some Christmas and I was done! Sooooo warm and they are like walking on clouds!

17. luvmy3

luvmy3 <font color=green>When I drink I find its easier t

:rotfl2:

18. design_mom

design_mom <font color=royalblue>I am probably more like my d

Those were the first thing I thought of, too. I remember being so excited to get mine. I think they were the first pair of frames that I got to pick out without major input from mom and dad (I started wearing glasses at 5 years old).

My 6th grade son recently saw my 6th grade picture (wearing those glasses). He had a nice laugh. And I'll admit they are u.g.l.y. I can't even remember why I liked them at the time.

Of course, my son is going to look back and pictures taken now and also question his fashion choices! I told him to "mark my words." Flat-billed ball caps? Basketball shorts that are down to your calves? All his clothes (especially the socks) being mismatched in color? -- these will become the regrettable things of your future, but all of his friends look the same right now!

19. rlduvall

rlduvall DIS Veteran

AND I THOUGHT I LOOKED SO HOT!!!! :scared: :p

20. ::danielle::

::danielle:: Mouseketeer

I had a pair just like that! They were a lovely blend of tan and pastel pink. The front had large, square lenses. I just had to have them because they were just like the pair my best friend wore. I looked like I was 10 going on 75.

21. Ginny Favers

Ginny Favers <font color=green>I told my husband I think they m

I am thinking . . . banana clips. I also remember wearing acid washed jeans tucked into three pairs of different-colored layered socks. And I believe I had pink Reebok high-tops.