What exactly is Disney publishing worldwide? Bookdrive questions for GAD

Yes, Random House is acceptable.

The winter coat drive is local to Charlotte, NC, but I think they are doing it some other places too.....you will need to check your local listings.

Dawn

Thanks! :goodvibes

Edited to add:

Do you know the zip to put in to register for the Story Time? I read the PDF that is linked, but it says to sign up at Disneyparks.com, and it doesn't come up for my zip.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Edited to add:

Do you know the zip to put in to register for the Story Time? I read the PDF that is linked, but it says to sign up at Disneyparks.com, and it doesn't come up for my zip.

That is also my problem. To the OP, I don't think you will get credit if you just follow the instructions on the PDF. In many places it says you MUST sign up for all opportunities at disneyparks.com to get credit. I wish they had a search option. I emailed the Hands on People but no response. I'd really like to do this and am hopeful someone here can post how to find it to sign up.

Hey guys. Sorry, I have been quite busy the last couple of days and haven't pursued this any further.

Yes, you have to sign up through Disney and I am not sure how either. I will take a look again and post back if I find anything.

Today I stopped by our local thrift store and was able to pick up the remaining winter coats I needed for the coat drive here locally and will be signing us all up for that one instead......although I now have 20 books for the drive too.....so I may see if I can at least send them anyway, even if I don't get credit.

Dawn

I wish I could remember where I originally found it. I need to head out again this evening.....will look later tonight or tomorrow.

Dawn

PS: I really messed up....I got enough coats and now there is no volunteer opportunity left for the coat drive! ARGH! Two of us are signed up but I had hoped to get the rest of us signed up.

I emailed Alexandra and got this reply:
<<<Thank you so much for your interest in our virtual volunteering project. Unfortunately,The USO project is only available to interested individuals who live outside of a 100 mile radius of other “Give A Day. Get A Disney Day” volunteer offerings per Disney's program guidelines. So availability of the project is dependent on the zip code sign-up. I am sorry that you will be unable to participate in the USO project, but there are many other great project and programs being offered in the area. You are more than welcome to participate in the book drive, but you will not receive credit for the Disney tickets. Please let mw know if you have any other questions or concerns as I will be happy to try to explain or address them.

Kindest Regards,

Alexandra >>>

So, I can't do this one. My closest opportunities are 85 miles away and they are kind of odd ball...but I guess I see why they are doing this. Anyway..just thought I'd share the info.

<<<Thank you so much for your interest in our virtual volunteering project. Unfortunately,The USO project is only available to interested individuals who live outside of a 100 mile radius of other “Give A Day. Get A Disney Day” volunteer offerings per Disney's program guidelines. So availability of the project is dependent on the zip code sign-up. I am sorry that you will be unable to participate in the USO project, but there are many other great project and programs being offered in the area. You are more than welcome to participate in the book drive, but you will not receive credit for the Disney tickets. Please let mw know if you have any other questions or concerns as I will be happy to try to explain or address them.

Kindest Regards,

Alexandra >>>

So, I can't do this one. My closest opportunities are 85 miles away and they are kind of odd ball...but I guess I see why they are doing this. Anyway..just thought I'd share the info.

Darn!!! Some of th ones by me are just odd and I would not want to do them.

THANK YOU!

I wonder if this showed up for me in an initial search and is not showing up now because it is full?

I guess I was under the impression it was a mail in program because of the mailers needed.

Sorry about that.

I am curious as to when more opportunities will be posted as there is almost NOTHING available right now.

Dawn

Kindest Regards,

Alexandra >>>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter