What else to say to the characters???

Back in 1998, when it was just my DH and I, we were eating at the Garden Grill and it wasn't busy at all, so the characters (Mickey, Minnie, Chip and Dale) came by many times to just hang out with us. Minnie came by once after we were done eating and "asked" us how we liked the meal. My DH told her he ate so much he was going to have to undo his pants. Minnie wacked him on the back of the head, shook her finger at him and then covered her face with her hands, acting totally embarrassed. It was so funny!:rotfl2:

On that same trip, when we met up with Donald, I told him "don't tell Mickey but you're my favorite", which is the truth ;):love: He got all excited, waved goodbye to my DH (who was trying to get a picture) and started walking off with me. One of my favorite memories!

Oh-almost forgot-we also ran into Tigger, all by his lonesome, hanging out behind the England pavillion, back in the gardens (I think; it was a long time ago!). When I asked him why he was there alone and what he was doing, he gestered that he was waiting for me and then he grabbed my hands and proceeded to dance with me all around the path! That was another great one!:flower3:

Please keep these going-they are priceless and I cannot wait to try some of them out on our next trip!

One time I patted Goofy on the tummy and told him he was built just like my husband. He pointed to my notebook on the table, so Itold him that it was my journal. I write down everything that happens. He took the book and wrote down something in the book and had me read it, It said "Dear Diary, today Goofy kissed me. It was great!" Then he had me stand up in the restaurant and gave me a bigggg smooch. You know, it was kinda great.:goodvibes

I was at MNSSHP and I was dressed as Tinkerbell and my bother was dressed as Mickey. During the parade Captain Hook saw me and started waving his hook at me and when Peter Pan and Wendy saw me then came running over and waved hi. When we cam across Captain Hook again he wrapped his hook around my neck for the picture. My bother though got the best treatment. All the CMs called him the Boss and gave him special things.

Last year we took the Disney's Encyclopedia of Animated Characters to be autographed by all the characters. When we got to Tinkerbell she flipped to the picture of Wendy and drew a mustache on her face! I was shocked but it was hilarious. She went on and on about Wendy and was not happy she was in the book!

This actually happened to the family in front of us in line, so I don't have any pictures to post. We were waiting to meet Safari Donald at AK and there were two teenage boys and their parents meeting with him. Suddenly, Donald started grabbing at his neck and motioning at his handler to help him. We were really confused as to what was going on, including the family and the handler. The handler was becoming concerned and said "Donald?" in a concerned voice and that was when Donald started pointing at the two teenagers. They were wearing polo shirts with their collars popped and Donald wanted to pop his collar too!:lmao: So the handler did it for him and they all posed with popped collars. It was so cute and funny!

I know you're just pulling the character's leg, but if you are interested, it's actually never been disclosed:
s_us.jpg

THANK YOU for posting this!

I just love Donald and this is definitely one to add to the collection :)

I :love: this thread! It's so much fun to read and gives me great ideas for our next trip!

At the Garden Grill DD told Chip and Dale all about our dog who chases bunnies and would probably chase them ... their reaction was so cute.
At AK she told Thumper and Miss Bunny that our dog would chase them if they came to our house ... they were horrified of course! :)
At Chef Mickey's DD told Minnie that she likes to dance and asked if Minnie dances .... Minnie proceeded to twirl DD - it was priceless! My DD was beaming for hours. :cloud9: At MK she met Tigger and Pooh .... She asked Tigger what he likes to do best .... Cause I know Pooh loves Honey. Tigger bounced for her. She told Tigger she loves to dance and Tigger proceeded to dance with her. :banana:

Also at CM when everyone was twirling their napkins, DH was not .... Donald came over and stood there staring at him .... Finally DH got it and twirled his napkin ... Donald moved on then ... It was so funny. :lmao:

DD loves to chat with the characters .... It's so fun to watch and listen ....

My dad had an interesting interaction last December with Stitch. I'd went to ride space mountain and he was sitting out in tomorrowland on mom's scooter (she didn't feel good so had stayed behind to nap). Well while I was zipping thru the line Stitch comes bounding out and there wasn't too many people around so dad mentioned that Stitch is my favorite and I'd gone to ride space mountain or something. Anyway Stitch bounded over to look the scooter over eyeing the controls. Dad tells him it's okay just don't press the big red button. The cm proceeded to play but avoid said button. So dad says no really just don't touch the red button. Of course at that point Stitch pressed the button.

A little background, you all likely have heard the little beep horns the ecv/scooter/power chairs have....well dad went tin the tool man taylor on it and gave it more power. He wired said big red button up to a car horn. So when stitch pressed it about a third of tomorrowland snapped their heads around to see what was going on. Then stitch got inventive, he started alternating the horns and playing jingle bells, rudolph the red nose reindeer, and frosty the snowman.

I got back in time to watch him do some more carols (which drew some more folks over). So I've wondered how many red buttons have gotten pressed since.

During my last trip, I got a couple of really good interactinos.

One was with Ariel, on a day that I had lost my voice. Ariel asked me a question, and my friend quickly explained that I had lost my voice. Ariel decided that Ursula must have stolen my voice, and then tried to figure out what I'd traded!

I had another good one with Terrence. When we went to meet him, he took one look at me, turned around, and ran out of the room. The Photopass Guy went to see why, and came back to tell us the Terrence wouldn't come out until the Pirate was gone. I had been wearing my Mickey-Pirate Ears, so I had to take them off and hide them before Terrence would come out. :rolleyes1

And finally, meeting Snow White. My friend and I were wearing dresses this day, and Snow White asked us if we were going dancing, and what kind of dance moves we liked to do. My friend asked in return what kind of dancing Snow liked, and Snow White started dancing with us. We have a great photopass pic of the three of us twirling and dancing. :)

I'm loving hearing these! I love meeting characters, but always freeze up (hence the reason all my good interactions involve me being with an outgoing nfriend;)) Hopefully I can use some of these ideas this year!

For the runners on the board who have done the RunDisney races, pack some of your old I Did It shirts to wear before the race or wear the race's I Did It! shirt after the race. I wore my Tinkerbell shirt on my second Magic Kingdom day during my Princess trip around the park, in hopes of getting a reaction out of Tink and friends when I paid them a visit. Well I did get a fun reaction out of both Tink and Terrence (Tink asked me if I was as fast as Viridia which led to a bit of a conversation about her). But I also got a reaction out of several other characters during my visit (I think everyone but Fairy Godmother made a comment about my shirt, Cindy's step family even asked me about if I was running as anyone which led to a fun conversation about me running as Cinderella during the race). Got a few good lucks and even had a few say they would be on the course the next day (I was park visiting the day before the race). If they mention it, keep a note in the back of your mind because they very well could be them. The Eric I posed with during the Eric and Ariel meet and greet actually recognized me the next day when I stopped for the 'prince' photo on the course heading towards MK and asked how I was doing! Unfortunately due to time constraints I wasn't able to check if the other two that had mentioned they would be on course (one of the step family mentioned she would be there, want to say Tremaine but not 100 percent certain had to skip due to line being so slow and Tiana also mentioned she would be on course but her line was too long to stop).

Aw...thanks guys glad you enjoyed it.

Oso finally snuck a kiss in to little tink!

Jack has a philosophy on Goofy's feet as they WERE NOT stinky. He firmly believes Goofy has a button he pushes that releases a "stink bomb" of green gas from his shoes when he wants to...mostly to irritate Donald. Hmmm???

They are my parents and we are going back in December...week one! I can't wait to see how my baby likes it this time!

We'll be there the same week! :) I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I <3 this thread!!!! :)

We had Breakfast in the park with Minnie and friends on our last trip a couple of weeks ago (Disneyland this time). Captain hook came to our table while my wife and youngest daughter were getting food so I was alone. He was quite stand-offish until I told him how much I admired him. Among other things I said that it was quite a shame that Disney would use such an unknown as Captain Sparrow when they already had the greatest pirate of all time in Captain James Hook. We were best buddies after that. :thumbsup2

Recently at Characterpalooza we met Mary Poppins and a Penguin. My DD (3) is obsessed with Mary and the penguin scene. When it was finally her turn she asked Mary if the penguins really knew how to dance. Mary kneeled on the floor, held my DD next to her and asked the penguin to put on a show for them. It was really cute and my DD still talks about it.

DSCN4222.jpg

My 9 year old daughter (ASD so she says what she thinks) did a funny one...when it was her turn to see Aladdin and Jasmine in Epcot she said to them:

"Guess who my favourite character is?"

Aladdin looking quite pleased said "Us right?"

My dauughter looked him in the eye and said "No, Goofy!"

They looked crestfallen. :lmao:

I went to Epcot 6 years ago, and we met Mickey and I think Goofy. Mickey saw my wedding ring and made it look like he was hurt that I was married. it was so cute! I asked him what Minnie would think about him dating another girl, and he just waved the air like "oh it doesn't matter."

I love this thread because I am trying to keep track of questions DD might want to ask some of the characters.

Having college-aged kids, I don't even bother. I assume the kids playing Mickey and such will all assume that I'm old, not cool and lame.

- "Old...not geyser old, like Grandpa, but you are OLD!"
- "Not cool. Do you think that makes you cool? You're not cool."
- "Why are you doing that. It's lame."

Also, be horrified by me:
- "NO! Oh, my God, did you tell anybody you want to use floppy disks?! Oh, my God, Mom, don't tell anyone else that."

So I just get my picture done and move along.

In addition to being old, not cool and lame...I'm not that clever, anyway.

Not true at all :) I am a college-aged kid and one of my favorite things to do is interact and play with the characters! :rotfl2: I swear, I always make up lines for my mom to tell Mickey or Minnie (my favorites) and I make sure she tells them! Or else I'll put her on the spot and tell Mickey that my mom has something to tell him :lmao::lmao::lmao:. Don't be scared to interact with the characters!

We told Merida back in June that she should have talked to Snow White about talking to strangers in the forest. We also enjoyed talking about her brothers. Excuse me, wee devils.

What an amazing thread. I read all of it from start to finish and I really can't wait until we go back to WDW to have some great interaction with the characters. I used to just hug and get a picture, but now I see that interacting with the characters can be an amazing experience in itself. Can't wait! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter