What else do I need to factor into my budget?

KRFillion

Mouseketeer
I need help finalizing my budget.

We are going to Florida for 2 weeks. 10 nights at WDW - onsite and 5 nights in Clearwater. We will have a rental car for the entire 14 days.

So far I have:
Flights - including taxi to and from home airport
Car Rental - including gas and insurance
Hotel / Tickets / Dining Plan - covered in the pkg cost
Breakfast money for 10 nights onsite at WDW
Photo Pass

Tickets to Discovery Cove / Sea World
Pictures from Sea World and Discovery cove

Hotel in Clearwater
Meals in Clearwater
Tours in Clearwater

Other items I should factor in...tips? spending money? What else am I missing?

Spending money

Gratuities - they are not included on the DP so you'll have to tip your server at any TS meals.

Unless you have Photopass + your ride pictures won't be included (in case you want them).

Definitely tips if you will be doing any TS meals.

Will you be drinking any alcohol during your vacation?

Will you be buying any meals/snacks/beverages over and above the DDP?

Will you be buying any souvenirs during your vacation?

Do you have trip insurance?

Which dining plan do you have? If you have quick service or regular, it only covers two meals and a snack per day, so you may want to factor in money for a third meal

I need help finalizing my budget.

We are going to Florida for 2 weeks. 10 nights at WDW - onsite and 5 nights in Clearwater. We will have a rental car for the entire 14 days.

So far I have:
Flights - including taxi to and from home airport
Car Rental - including gas and insurance
Hotel / Tickets / Dining Plan - covered in the pkg cost
Breakfast money for 10 nights onsite at WDW
Photo Pass

Tickets to Discovery Cove / Sea World
Pictures from Sea World and Discovery cove

Hotel in Clearwater
Meals in Clearwater
Tours in Clearwater

Other items I should factor in...tips? spending money? What else am I missing?

You're right, you do need to remember tip $. And spending money. There never seems to be enough. I try to figure about $50 extra per person per day, just to have enough. Everybody wants their Dole whips and turkey legs. Gotta have some Mickey ears. And I always, always, always like to buy a random Mickey balloon and surprise a little kid who doesn't have one.:thumbsup2

Sounds like you have a good plan. Just some exta cash and you're good to go.:moped:

Not sure if this is an issue to/from Clearwater, but cash for toll booths. We go to Cocoa Beach/Kennedy and definitely need cash for that.

Tips for mousekeeping and bell hops.
Laundry money for washer/dryer
Arcade games
Resort cups

Pre-trip shopping! A week out from our trip, I seem to be always seeking out new things to fill out the packing list -- yesterday I bought new shoes, ponchos, sunblock, travel bottles, a spare memory card for the camera, and an extra battery pack from my iPhone.

Also consider extra expenses at home like pet sitting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter