What else besides autograph book?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by supercrossfox21, Jun 29, 2013.

1. supercrossfox21

supercrossfox21 Mouseketeer

Any suggestions on what we could have the characters sign besides an autograph book when we do the meet and greets around the ship?

We already have 2 books from disneyland and was hoping for something different. I know my 3 yr old daughter will enjoy meeting the characters and will want them to sign something. Thought about a canvas backpack and putting it on a clipboard (for a hard service) but dont know how well all the characters could sign it (like pluto)

This is not what we are going to bring to guest service- have that taken care of- pillowcase and photo mat.

Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. NACFl

NACFl Mouseketeer

We had a photo matte signed. It is our favorite souvenir! We put our family picture from pirate night in it.

4. msd1776

msd1776 Mouseketeer

I will second the photo matte. We flew to Florida and drove to Port Canaveral so we picked a matte up at a store along the way. When we got on board, we dropped the matte of at guest services. They delivered it serval days latter to our room all signed. We carried it on the plane on the way home.

5. amyh13

amyh13 Mouseketeer

What size matte did you buy?

6. abbiep

abbiep Mouseketeer

I bought a 11x14 and had 4 picture slots cut 25x7and 24x6 had them land scape and portrait because I knew it would be hard to pick one picture. Also if you use Matt I would suggest putting Matt in frame and drawing around edge of frame so they won't sign all the way to the edge

7. Scraptographer

Scraptographer Mouseketeer

My daughter has had the characters sign a couple of different things besides autograph books. Once she had them sign the white canvas shoes she wore. Since there was limited room DD only had the Fab 5 plus Daisy and another favourite or two sign. The problem was that she liked them so much, and she got so many comments on them that she wore them everywhere and eventually they smudged (long after the cruise). But she enjoyed them a lot.

On another cruise we bought one of the DCL canvas bags they sell (mostly white with the logo), I think it was even on sale as a deal of the day, and she had lots of characters sign that. The bag she still keeps hanging in her room. She still has the shoes too, but they were relegated to the back of her closet :rotfl2:

And although one helpful Cast member did suggest that we leave the bag at the main desk to get it signed, realistically these items did not take longer to sign than an autograph book.

And the characters will often use the piano in the lobby or the walls or the floor as a flat surface. Just saying.

8. ggthatsme

ggthatsme Earning My Ears

Last November, My daughter made simple, round salt clay ornaments. We painted them and carefully packed them in our luggage. I carried them around in my backpack and every time she had a character experience, we pulled out an ornament and a Sharpie (works best on the paint). Now, we have wonderful souvenirs on our tree to reminder her of the cruise :love:

9. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

Oh the shoe thing is a GREAT idea! My DD would love that...tho her feet are tiny for now so it'd be hard to sign.

10. shburks

shburks DIS Veteran

On our cruise, they would not allow us to have the autograph book signed with a Sharpie (for the non-face characters) and told us (repeatedly) that we had to use a regular pen. Maybe they don't have backup costumes sitting around like they do at WDW? I don't know but that might affect what you choose to have signed if you get to a character and they won't allow you to use a Sharpie.

11. jgive

jgive Mouseketeer

I'm impatiently waiting for our first cruise, but we used a 9" Lightening McQueen vinylmation for characters to sign in February at WDW.

12. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

Are you thinking of something to carry with you to meet and greets? Or something to leave at Guest Services for character signatures. I think many of the suggestions here (photo mat, sneakers, tote bag, vinylmation) are things that people can leave with Guest Services and request signatures - either specific characters or all available. I haven't seen characters sign much other than autograph books during the scheduled meet and greets around the ship, though it might be possible.

Enjoy your cruise!

13. supercrossfox21

supercrossfox21 Mouseketeer

My question was about meet and greets. I already have things picked out to take to guest services. I have recently been told on another board that the only thing they will sign at meet and greets are autograph books or scrapbook papers. So I guess it kind of answers my question about what to have them sign. Now just wondering if its true they will only sign with pen vs. sharpie.

14. texasteacher35

texasteacher35 DIS Veteran

A light saber? One of the big 9" vinylmation?

15. supersecretadventure

supersecretadventure Earning My Ears

I saw someone who had the characters sign in an ipad app, then she took the signature and put it on the picture. I think it was the A+ signature app in the ipad ***I'm not sure if I'm explaining it well, check out the app, you can see what I mean.... The app is also in the iPhone, and probably other smart phones. The end result would be an autographed photo..... You'd just need a stylus for the characters to use.