What Does YOUR DCL magnetic door sign look like? Part II

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by WDWLVR, Nov 16, 2008.

1. WDWLVR

WDWLVR <font color=green>DVC @ The Boardwalk</font><br><f

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=838817

The original thread can be found at the link above. It reached the 250 page mark and needed to be closed. This new thread can be used to continue all the great information and share your door signs.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Laurabearz

Laurabearz <font color=deeppink>I cant load my bobbin!<br><fo

Awesome! I cant wait to see more!

4. Buckeye Gal

Buckeye Gal Beach Girl Deep in the Land

Want to subscribe to this thread?: Did you know you do not have to reply to this thread to subscribe to it? On any thread on the DISboards, near the top of the page and just under the advertisement banner and "Page # of #", there's a drop-down option named "Thread Tools". After clicking on this, select "Subscribe to this Thread". :)

5. tinkluvr12

tinkluvr12 Mouseketeer

HELP! I am trying to be independent and make some of my own magnets- well sort of- I went to rumblyinmytumbly's photobucket and got a bunch of blanks but now I can't figure out how to get the right font??? I went to google as suggested on the old magnet thread and found the Disney font for free but when I click it nothing seems to happen. I am on a macbook. It puts something on my desktop but when I click it it says stuff it not supported or something like that??:confused: I am so confused! This is what I get for trying to be creative! I would REALLY appreciate any help you all can give:worship: Thanks so much!:hug:
    Stephanie

6. tinkluvr12

tinkluvr12 Mouseketeer

HELP! I am trying to be independent and make some of my own magnets- well sort of- I went to rumblyinmytumbly's photobucket and got a bunch of blanks but now I can't figure out how to get the right font??? I went to google as suggested on the old magnet thread and found the Disney font for free but when I click it nothing seems to happen. I am on a macbook. It puts something on my desktop but when I click it it says stuff it not supported or something like that??:confused: I am so confused! This is what I get for trying to be creative! I would REALLY appreciate any help you all can give:worship: Thanks so much!:hug:
    Stephanie

7. disneyfaninaz

disneyfaninaz It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

8. mmackeymouse

mmackeymouse DIS Veteran

Before this thread gets too crazy out of hand, I just have a quick question. Do all of ya'll magnet connosieurs use a specific program, like Disney's Magic Artist? Or do you just hunt the web for specific clip art and fonts, then use Photo Shop or Publisher?

I was considering investing in Disney's Magic Artist, but was not sure if the others would work just as well.

9. disneyfaninaz

disneyfaninaz It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

I'd say that you will find a lot of different programs used out there. Some use Photoshop, Printshop, Photoimpact, Word, Magic Artist. Any graphics program will work. The DISigners tend to use the more sophisticated programs.

10. TraciM

TraciM DIS Veteran

Thanks for that tip!!!! Just subscribed.
    I am doing the same thing. Good thing I have 9 months before my cruise.:rotfl:

11. tinkluvr12

tinkluvr12 Mouseketeer

Disneyfaninaz- Thanks so much. My mac was missing stuffit. I figured it out after several tries. Thanks I think I've got it now.

12. nenner1

nenner1 <font color=darkorchid>I must've been distracted b

I bought Magic Artist and it did nothing for me. :confused3 The kids like playing with it though.
    I much prefer photoshop:thumbsup2
    (Of course there is a big price difference there)
    HTH...

13. chaoscent

chaoscent <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ Moderator

I am a Photo Impact user but most people prefer Photo Shop or Photo Shop Elements. I believe you can do a trial versions for 30 days with many of the programs. Have fun, what ever you decide to buy.:goodvibes
    Penny:hippie:

14. mmackeymouse

mmackeymouse DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the tips..........I guess I have just seen a lot of graphics and fonts that I have never found online before, so I assumed it came from a specialized program.

I guess maybe if you know where to look, you will be able to find what you want.

15. chaoscent

chaoscent <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ Moderator

I am always searching for new clip art and fonts. I go to DaFont and browse through there looking for new and Interesting fonts. I also ask what fonts people are using if i like them.
    for clip art, my favorite site for giffed work is here
    http://www.disneyclips.com/
    for wall papers I normally go to the Disney site itself. they have great wallpaper & I gif/png things from there if I need it.
    also, there is a sticky at the top of this thread
    DISign Tips
    http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=892906
    that has lots of good recommendations for clip art. Some are no longer any good.
    I also do image searches through Ask Jeeves & Google as they often turn up different sites. Once I find a good site, I take everything off I might possibley need in the future. :lmao: Some day (not today, I have to pay bills) I will go through and save all the sites I use as it is a question often asked. Penny:hippie:

16. natale1980

natale1980 "When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!"..

Here's my first sign EVER! :woohoo:
    What do you think?

[​IMG]

17. natale1980

natale1980 "When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!"..

Here's another

[​IMG]

18. nenner1

nenner1 <font color=darkorchid>I must've been distracted b

Those are great!
    I love the "I wonder" one!
    :thumbsup2

19. MyLove4Disney

MyLove4Disney Disney Kid forever

I used photo shop to edit.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Silly Little Pixie

Silly Little Pixie <font color=blue>My name is Inigo Montoya. You kil

That's awesome!! Way to go!!

21. Zandy595

Zandy595 DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f

OK, this is not a good picture and the adhesive magnets wouldn't stick on the backs of the signs, but this my door.

[​IMG]