What does this mean? Maybe I have a DVC number????

mrsjoannh13

DIS Veteran
Okay so we are anxiously awaiting our DVC number to book our November vacation. Our contact at the DVC resale firm informed us on February 3rd that: "The file was closed on January 20th. I imagine that your Welcome Letter should be on the way".

Soooo... before I call Disney to see if I'm in the system, it's been 3 weeks since our closing date. Is there a chance we are in the system and ready to book?

Thanks for any input!

Check the orange county comptroller's site to see when it was recorded. It takes about 2 to 3 weeks after recording till it is indisneys system. You can call and get member accounting and see if they will give you your number. Took me 4 tries.

Check the orange county comptroller's site to see when it was recorded. It takes about 2 to 3 weeks after recording till it is indisneys system. You can call and get member accounting and see if they will give you your number. Took me 4 tries.

The deed was recorded on January 20th according to OCC site.

I would say to call MS. When I bought a while ago, I hadn't gotten anything from Disney and when I called MS, it took a little work on mine (and the MS CM side) to find my account, get me my membership number and "reset" a password for me so that I could log in and make a reservation. I've heard horror stories on these boards of people who haven't been able to get their login information. I was capable of making my 7 month window for a reservation at VGF with days to spare. I was very happy with the help the CM provided. If you are getting close to your 7 month window, the nicer you are and the more you explain on why it is so vital you have your login information, the more willing they are to help. Just like any other company, these guys get hammered. Be awesome to the CM and he/she will want to make the magic real for you too!

I would say to call MS. When I bought a while ago, I hadn't gotten anything from Disney and when I called MS, it took a little work on mine (and the MS CM side) to find my account, get me my membership number and "reset" a password for me so that I could log in and make a reservation. I've heard horror stories on these boards of people who haven't been able to get their login information. I was capable of making my 7 month window for a reservation at VGF with days to spare. I was very happy with the help the CM provided. If you are getting close to your 7 month window, the nicer you are and the more you explain on why it is so vital you have your login information, the more willing they are to help. Just like any other company, these guys get hammered. Be awesome to the CM and he/she will want to make the magic real for you too!

I called MS today and they actually gave me a membership number and told me they could help me book. When I tried the number online it didn't work. And the CM put me on hold for a few minutes and then came back and told me she was mistaken - that she couldn't book for me until I got my membership info in the mail. She was incredibly friendly and helpful - just didn't seem like there was anything she could do in terms of booking. I'll probably call again daily (I have OCD) to see if I get lucky.

She did give me my sales agent's direct contact info so I reached out to him to see if he could confirm my member ID number and just give me any sort of update on timing.

We are about 8 1/2 months out right now so I'm borderline nervous in terms of availability. We either want a 1 bedroom villa with a studio lockoff or a 2 bedroom in late October / early November. Fingers crossed!

I called MS today and they actually gave me a membership number and told me they could help me book. When I tried the number online it didn't work. And the CM put me on hold for a few minutes and then came back and told me she was mistaken - that she couldn't book for me until I got my membership info in the mail. She was incredibly friendly and helpful - just didn't seem like there was anything she could do in terms of booking. I'll probably call again daily (I have OCD) to see if I get lucky.

She did give me my sales agent's direct contact info so I reached out to him to see if he could confirm my member ID number and just give me any sort of update on timing.

We are about 8 1/2 months out right now so I'm borderline nervous in terms of availability. We either want a 1 bedroom villa with a studio lockoff or a 2 bedroom in late October / early November. Fingers crossed!
I just did the same. Mine # was shipped today. If you are the same, I'd bet we see them by the weekend.

Call MS again, but this time choose the option for website support. The number needed to create the account on the website is actually different from the member number and usually arrives through email AFTER you have received your member number via snail mail. Luckily, unlike the membership number which you were very lucky to receive, website support will usually walk you through creating the online account including providing the needed number as long as you already know your member number.

It's possible your member account has been created, but your contract and points haven't been transferred yet. Give it a day or two.

What resort are you looking to stay at? Depending on the resort, you might be safe even inside your 7 month window.

Just wanted to update everyone and say - it pays to call! I called this morning and was told I had a member number but couldn't book. This afternoon, I tried again following the post from CollinBlair and asked for help setting up my online account. Super nice CM set me up and I was able to book for our November vacation.

So persistence does indeed pay off sometimes! Who knows how much longer I would have waited for the info in the mail.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming....

So MS gave you your Disney's guides name so you could call him/her to ask when your resale member account will be set up? Just goes to show you how little MS understands their business.

:earsboy: Bill

So MS gave you your Disney's guides name so you could call him/her to ask when your resale member account will be set up? Just goes to show you how little MS understands their business.

:earsboy: Bill

What information did you provide in order to get your membership number ?

When I called the first time today I just gave them my name and confirmed address and email and they saw me in the system and gave me my member number.

What information did you provide in order to get your membership number ?

From the sound of it, I think mrsjoannh13 managed to get someone on the phone who was relatively new and didn't know they were not supposed to give out the number. There is no magic question to ask or information to provide, just blind luck.

From the sound of it, I think mrsjoannh13 managed to get someone on the phone who was relatively new and didn't know they were not supposed to give out the number. There is no magic question to ask or information to provide, just blind luck.

I would tend to agree. I had sent an email to DVC member services after my first call that morning. Someone responded yesterday evening asking what department was I speaking with when I was given my member number and what was the person's name. I think in both cases they possibly gave me more info than they were supposed to have provided before I received my info in the mail. Since the first lady screwed up(?) and provided me my number, when I called back the second time I was able to tell the second lady I spoke with my number. I think since I had my number she went ahead and set me up online. Now, I did already have my points loaded online so I was in the system and able to book. In my case seems like I got lucky twice in one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter