What do yur children wear to parks??

Mrs. D

Do YOU have your own Minnie?
I know this sounds silly, but just wanting to know how most of you dress your children? We will be there in late July, have DD 4 and DS almost 6.

All she wants to wear now are skirts and dresses...I'm thinking at her age that should be fine? All he wants to wear are cargo and camo shorts...too hot? Hats? Shoes?

My co-worker recommended Crocs for her...never worn them but they LOOK uncomfortable to me....flip flops? What? Any suggestions appreciated....:)

There's no dress code, so really whatever will be confortable and keep them as cool as possible will be fine. Since you're going in July, keeping cool will be a priority.

My son wears camo shorts as well...they look hot to me, but he's happy and that means less complaining :thumbsup2

For shoes...I wear Crocs, my son wears regular tennis shoes. The Crocs look uncomfortable, but they're really not. If you're going to get either child new shoes for the trip, have them wear them for a few weeks ahead of time to break them in. Better to find out about spots that cause blisters at home than in the middle of MK.

I always wear a hat, one reason is to keep the sun out of my eyes, another is because my scalp burns really easy. I would say bring them (pick up some cheap ones at the $1 for the kids) just in case.

I agree that whatever is most comfortable is what to wear. We all wear the same color shirt so we don't get lost but the kids pick out their favorite kind - for example my daughter likes cap sleeves or tank tops, the boys and my husband all like tank tops, but I am starting to prefer a lightweight t-shirt
As for shorts, we all pick our own, my oldest and youngest sons like the nylon sports shorts, but my middle likes shorts with lots of pockets in addition to his fanny pack. My daughter likes to wear the short/ skirt combos and while I think that would be too much material, she loves them and never complains. Before we pack what I consider uncomfortable clothes I always say okay, but if it gets too hot/ cold you will have to deal with it.
We all wear our most confortable worn in tennis shoes to the parks. There is no choice in this. We walk an average of 6 miles a day when we are at Disney (our pedometer confirms this - MK and Epcot are around 8 and MGM and AK around 4) and wearing flip flops or sandals would just not be good for us. On non park days we wear flip flops (well everyone but me - I still wea rmy tennies:) )

Since you are going in the summer, all of you should be wearing as little material as possible. My kids wore tank tops and matching shorts when we went in June. We brought some jean shorts but there was no way they could wear those in the humidity, they would have ended up with a rash from the material rubbing against their legs. I think your daughter wanting to wear a dress or skirt is fine as long as it is light weight material. We honestly went through 2-3 outfits each day because they got so wet with sweat. Luckily we were staying in a villa offsite and we could wash those clothes. I am an avid flip flop wearer at home. I even wear them as slippers around the house in the winter. I hate wearing tennis shoes because my feet feel like they are trapped but I wear them to Disney. One day I thought I would wear my flip flops to the park and let my feet breath. What a mistake! I felt like I had shin splints after only an hour and my ankles were killing me. I highly suggest sneakers from now on.

My kids wear what DH & I wear...

the whole family wears matching WDW tees & matching shorts every day on our trips! For shoes...we all wear Tevas.
I think the matching outfits look great in the pics!

My kids wear what DH & I wear...

the whole family wears matching WDW tees & matching shorts every day on our trips! For shoes...we all wear Tevas.
I think the matching outfits look great in the pics!

I have seen picture's of families coordinated like that. The only reason I couldn't everyday is mostly b/c I am really not that organized....Oh okay, okay the other reason is I am a white shirt fiend...and none of the others could stay clean all day, which would drive me bananas! :banana: :lmao:

But really, I have seen pics of folks in the Tye dyed shirts, I love those, if I could find some cute ones I'd love to have those for all of us for a couple of days:confused3

I agree with the other posters, comfy shoes a MUST. I would also add a note to take a raincover with you (we got caught out last year and had to buy the Disney ones on site and they know how to charge at $20 each!).

Hope this helps

Ds wears shorts, denim, camo, cotton and lots of tank tops when we go in August. He always wears sneakers in the parks, but will wear sandals at the Boardwlk or DTD and pool shoes at the pool. Just amke sure to keep everyone hydrated. LOTS OF WATER

Janet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!