What do you use (towel, etc.) to sit on during parades?

quiltymom

DIS Veteran
This is the first time we're actually going to watch the parades. I want to bring along something to place on the ground for us to sit on, but am trying to think of something that is lightweight and not bulky that we will be carrying around with us all day. A beach towel seems too bulky.

Any suggestions?

My behind! If we are there in the rain we have ponchos, but I don't carry anything extra, Lord I'm trying to minimize not add things.

I don't remember using anything to sit on during parades. The streets are usually clean enough.

Last December we did use a blanket to cover up during Spectro. It sure was cold that night.

We usually don't use anything at Disneyland when we're there, but by the time we stand up we're filthy. And there are the times those behind us have spilled their drinks in our direction... :sad2:

I'm assuming that the ground temp will be too hot? But if y'all don't use anything then it must not be too bad. (We're going in October). I'd much rather not carry anything extra, but I thought I'd check to see what others do.

We just sit on our bottoms. You might try one of those emergency blanket things that come in an auto emergency or first aid kit. But really, unless the ground is wet, I don't see the need for anything to sit on.

I have a sarong which is those light weight bathing suit coverups they wear them in hawaii and other tropical places. I've never brought one to disney but if we go to a park or outdoor concert type thing I put it in my small backpack because it folds up super small since it's so light weight. I might have to bring it this time to make sure my son gets a front row seat. in my adult trips I never really cared just figured I'd find a place somewhere.....

for some reason today I so can't wait till our trip........:woohoo:

I usually bring one of those flannel backed tablecloths you can get at the Dollar Tree. I ordinarily get a locker, because I bring a lot of 'in case' stuff, like a jacket and such, which I don't want to carry around, so I just go get it before I grab a snack, spread it out flannel side up (folded, of course, to fit the fannies of my party), and hunker down. I don't mind tossing it at the end of the day, but I sometimes fold it up and use it next time.

Last time we were at DTD, I was at that Mickey Mart place, and bought 2 3-leggged stool in carry bags - the graphics on the side indicate that they are for parades. So I'm going to bring those in September, for me and my DD to sit on. Hopefully, since Disney was selling these, and the advertising on the bag and the stool says something along the lines of 'use these for parades!', they'll let us, um, use them for parades . . . if not, I'll have my trusty flannel backed tablecloth!

KC:)

The ground is usually really hot.....especially for the 3:00 pm parade at MK! We usually sit on our emergency rain ponchos. I like the flannel backed tablecloth idea though.....may just do that and cut it into individual sections for each of us to carry our own. Thanks!

You could always just use any empty plastic bag like your purchases come in. Whenever we buy stuff we end up combining everything into as few bags as possible and we end up with extra empty bags that come in handy for times like this.

Nothing. But if you want to sit on something, you could get a pillowcase at the dollar store and put that into a reclosable bag. Take it out when you need it, put it back into the bag when you are done so you aren't carrying around something dirty. And you can always use an extra pillowcase at home.

I got a small, thin fleece blanket (although more of a small wrap than a blanket) at our local dollar store. Read a tip on the DIS that someone bought one for the purpose of using in a very cold air-conditioned restaurant, and thought it would be great to use for parades as well - we're usually in Frontierland at MK and sit on the ground by the ropes, and this cover folds and fits nicely in my shoulder bag. We'll have ponchos too, but at least this will give me some cushioning.:woohoo:

Therm-a-rest makes s small, lightweight, self-inflating seat cushion that compresses to a pretty small package. It's also great on long flights, especially the mini-jets where the seat cushions are kinda' thin.

Ive read that people use the inflatable bath pillows as cushions, also available at dollar stores.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter