• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you think of this?

mickeysgirl17

Wish I was at Disney
:confused3 How does this look to you? I'm going Fri, Dec. 8th to Sat. Dec. 16th (8 nights, 9 days) with DD3, DBF.

Day 1: Arrival 11am, pre register at POP, go to AK until 5pm (lunch at tusker house), rest at pop, then dinner at Chef Mickeys at 9pm.
Day 2: Epcot, noon to closing, Coral Reef dinner w/ candelight package
Day 3: Epcot, noon to 8pm, Garden Grill dinner
Day 4: MK, Opening to 4pm (lunch at park), rest at pop, then 1900 Park fare dinner at 8pm
Day 5: Resort day, lunch at food court, Mvmcp, dinner at Cosmic Rays
Day 6: MGM, noon to closing, mama melrose fantasmic pkge.
Day 7: Downtown Disney shopping, lunch at Wolfgang puck express, Cirque at 6pm, dinner at food court (pop)
Day 8: MGM, finishing up attractions, osborne lights, dinner at Ohana's at 9pm right after MGM
Day 9: MK, dinner at CRT, go home at 6pm.

I have some questions: Do you think I have enough time at AK and MK? Do you think I should go to MGM 2 days or 1? I don't have park hopper and its hard for my family to get up for park opening especially when we were out late the night before. Please give your suggestions/comments. Thankyou.

this is strickley me personal preference. I would add more AK time and cut MGM to 1 day.

I would say your plan looks good, but personally our family, DH, DS11, DS9, DS7, DD6 would want a little more time at MK instead of MGM. We are going nov 19 and are spending 1 day at mgm, ak, 2 at epcot and the rest at mk or water parks, etc. But that is the kids preference. You can usually get through all of the big MGM things in one day if you use your fastpasses. Or you could change your half day at AK to a full day before the Ohana dinner and use that half day as your extra MGM day
But it looks good if that's how long you figured you'd need to hit your personal high points at each park

I always get concerned about arrival & departure days. Do you plan to be at the hotel by 11am or are you flying in at that time?

I to would do more time at AK and MK. MGM can be done in one day. We never get to the parks that late though. We find the lines are much shorter in the mornings. We take a break in the day and head back till closing. Hope you have a great trip.:thumbsup2

Agree with the above posters. You can view the Osborne Lights after Fantasmic frim what most people say on these boards, just start walking that way, it only takes a few minutes to view them. We prefer more time in MK or AK, especially with the new roller coaster. Have fun!

I'd also say more time at MK and AK. Especially since you have a DD3!
You could get more MK time by going to MVMCP at 4....
and maybe move AK to your full day on #8 since you are eating at a resort and put MGM for your arrival day instead. Just a suggestion!
You're going the same dates as us - we just have one more day (17th). I can't wait!!
We'll just miss you on your first dinner at Chef Mickey's - we're going around 6 pm (gotta find my list of dining numbers and times!)
Have fun!!
C&C

Wow we're going the same exact dates and doing mvmcp on the 12th as well! It seems like there a bunch of us going that week, hopefully the crowds won't be too bad!

I just changed my itinerary a little. This is the new one:
Fri, 8th: MGM
Sat and Sun: epcot
Mon: AK (with EMH mornings)
Tues: resort and mvmcp
Wed: MGM
Thurs: DTD, Cirque
Fri: MK
Sat: MK

Is this better? Can I do both Osborne lights and Fantasmic on the same night? How are the crowds on EMH mornings at AK?

mickeysgirl17 said:
I just changed my itinerary a little. This is the new one:
Fri, 8th: MGM
Sat and Sun: epcot
Mon: AK (with EMH mornings)
Tues: resort and mvmcp
Wed: MGM
Thurs: DTD, Cirque
Fri: MK
Sat: MK

Is this better? Can I do both Osborne lights and Fantasmic on the same night? How are the crowds on EMH mornings at AK?

My only suggestion is to get to epcot at opening at least one day so you'll be sure to get a Soarin' fast pass as well as ride Mission Space and Test Track before they get crowded.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter