What Do You Think of the New "Limited Time Magic" Announcement?

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by *NikkiBell*, Oct 17, 2012.

1. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

[​IMG]

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...kicks-off-limited-time-magic-at-disney-parks/

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

Maybe for the Long Lost Friends they will bring back the walk-around Dreamfinder with his Figment???!!!!!

4. tstidm1

tstidm1 DIS Veteran

I would love to know when and what the rest of those limited time things are. Some of them sound interesting, but I have to plan ahead for trips to Disney World.

5. mikelan6

mikelan6 World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

1) I hate the name.

2) I hope they put out a calendar of these events well in advance.

Otherwise, I think it's ok.

6. WaltD4Me

WaltD4Me <font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate

I don't like the name "Limited Time Magic" at all ... it's awkward and somehow sounds negative to me. It also sounds like something you'd hear on an infommercial. Why not "Surprise Magic" or "Extra Magic" ... I don't know, something.

Some of the events sound pretty cool, I especially like the Villians Friday the 13th one and I'm really curious about what else they will do, but I don't see this as something that is going to generate alot of new bookings or anything....especially if they don't give notice of what will be happening when well ahead of time.

7. Angebee

Angebee Mouseketeer

I agree that the name sounds a bit 'cheap' to me, as if you want to hold out for the best week and won't get something good if you don't go right then. If we weren't already booked to celebrate some special occasions then it wouldn't spark me to try and rush to get a good time to go. We'll just have to hope a good theme happens while we're down there.

Also, do you think they'll bring back the Diamond Horseshoe Revue at Disney World if there's enough interest since it says the Golden Horseshoe will return? We have a home movie of it from my first trip and it was a riot.

8. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel Moderator

If they don't put out a schedule way ahead of time, then it's really only good for locals or those who can travel whenever they want. Those of us who have to plan & get vacations approved wouldn't be able to take advantage of those cool events.

Sayhello

9. AndyPok1

AndyPok1 Back in MCO!

I love it since I just moved local. Random events are always fun. The name is wretched though.

Competition to come up with a better one?

Minimal-to-Moderately-Long-Lasting Magic!

10. linnell

linnell DIS Veteran

I think it sounds fun, andI like the surprise of what you may get. Unless your local, you go when you can. I think it would be cool to meet rare characters, etc, but I wouldn't revolve my vacation around it.

11. mikelan6

mikelan6 World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

I just saw these will be the new t-shirts for sale ...

[​IMG]

Just Kidding!!! :rotfl2:

12. Stacy's a freak

Stacy's a freak wrangles snakes

I agree that it sounds cheap and a bit slimey. No offense to the terrific sales people out there, but isn't the catch phrase "for a limited time only" only relegated to 3:00 a.m. infomercials these days? Are we to buy into this marketing scheme like the ShamWow or the Ronco Rotisserie?

13. WaltD4Me

:lmao:

14. DisLUV

DisLUV DIS Veteran

sooo soo funny

15. CDolacki2003

CDolacki2003 DIS Veteran

At first it sounded like fun, spontaneous magic. Then after thinking about it it sounds very planned and if you are not there whenit is scheduled then you are up a creek without a wand:rotfl::rotfl:. While I would love a little pixy dust magic during my trip next October, I am not expecting it to happen and I would travel to WDW whether there was a special magic week or not.

16. anonymousegirl

anonymousegirl DIS Veteran

I'm excited about the Sept 13th villains thing and the long lost characters week. I do hope they give us some notice we non Floridians can make the plans to get there.

17. lttlmc3

lttlmc3 <font color=darkorchid>You can ship it. I'll still

I'm just so sick of the word "magic" in ABSOULTELY EVERYTHING Disney does. Magic = Money

18. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

I am not a fan of the name either, but think the rare characters and villains thing is cool. I am disappointed that more isn't going on though. It looks like this is an after thought.

19. WaltD4Me

I thought so too, I mean, how long have we been "Celebrating" seems like they could have come up with something a little better...or put out more info, it has the potential to offer some more cool things like the villians one, but it doesn't seem like they have it all worked out yet. I'll be there the first week of March would love to see some limited magic. :rolleyes1

20. wdw71

wdw71 DIS Veteran

I'm not crazy about the name either but after seeing the commercials that try to convey how short our children's childhood actually is I understand. I wish they would have come up with a better way to say it.

21. J.C.&ALI'SMOM

J.C.&ALI'SMOM <font color=darkblue>I really had to bite my tongu

I would also like to see some type of schedule for the events. I would consider going during the villains week. I would like to visit in September and seeing all the villains would be a big plus for choosing that week!