What do you think is the average number of points owned by a DVC member?

tvwalsh

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I started with 230 points in 1992. I then added on through the years getting up to 550 points in 2006. Since then I have sold 160 points more than I have added on, leaving me with 390 points.

I wonder if anyone has done the math to figure out the average number of points per member.

I would think my 390 is just about average.

I kinda doubt it's that high.

This is like a lot of things here on DIS where we start seeing things through smoke-colored glass and thinking everything outside these walls is just like it is in here.

We tend to see people that want to talk about DVC here on DIS because they DO own so many points and are so committed. I think, for that reason, we see a skewed number of points as an average here.

For DIS members, you're probably about right.

I'd bet that the membership as a whole is much closer to the mean minimum buy-in over the years than we may first think. I'd bet 180-200 is pretty close.

I would say between 160-200pts. I would imagine most buy in at the minimum.

Interesting question. I wonder if we could get a ballpark idea by posting a poll here on the DIS/DVC board. I know we are a small smapling of DVC owners, but a sampling, none the less. If everyone here participated in the poll, we might get a good idea about DVC as a whole. The problem is wording the poll correctly. Are there any people on the board who run polls as part of their job? They would be the ones to help in the wording of such a poll. I too would be interested in those results.

I do recall a poll like that being done here several years ago, but finding it now might be impossible. I just think finding the right divisions of points for each catagory might be dificult. We have 449, and I kind of think that would be close to the middle of folks here.

200, but I wish I had enough for a grand villa every year for Christmas at my home resort. Its nice to dream, right?

I was told when I bought back in 2000 that some 95% of current owners add on at some point. Though this seems kind of a high %, my guess is that a majority of owners do add on at some point. Considering the minimum buy in was 150 points and is now 160, I would estimate the average owner to have around 300 points. Of course this does take into account you can buy resale at lower than the Disney buy in, but I would venture to guess most people buy initially from DVC.

We bought 280 in 1992 and bought a resale in 1996, 210 pts for a totla of 490.

Started with 310 in 1992. Added on 4 times over the years and am now at 600. We like being able to have the GV at our home resort every year and like being able to go more than once a year. I am curious what the average is.

In the beginning there was a higher buy in number, so that has to be taken into consideration. When did they lower the minimum to 160? I know it was at 100 even for awhile, but my guess would be about 300 as an average.

Bobbi

We have 320 at BLT and we thinking about adding 100 at Grand Californian.

The average owner has less then 220 points, more around 200 points as an average. Most members only buy the minimum that is being offered at the time and never add-on. DVC owners on boards like the dis and others, tend to be of the exception then the norm. We are more of the fanatical fringe! :cool1:

I would say 200 tops. The rest of the world is not as Disney obsessed as we are here on the DIS. :blush:

We have 525 points currently. I would imagine the average point total to be around 200. But who knows:confused3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter