What do you think is the average number of points owned by a DVC member?

This question always bring a smile to my face! Depends on who you ask....whether it be a DIS'er or even better yet a DVC guide. If you ask a guide they will typically tell you 350-400 is the average now. But here on the DIS where I agree we are more DVC/Disney fanatics...I think the real average is around 300-350.

Very interesting topic and would love to see a poll taken. I am poll posting challenged but I know many of you are good at posting them, anyone up for the challenge???? :worship:

I am going to guess between 200-250. We purchased 240 in April. With the great deals going we were able to purchase more points for the same amount.

We own 185 and will add on at some point in the future. We're holding out for the Villas at the Poly.

We own 185 and will add on at some point in the future. We're holding out for the Villas at the Poly.

We are with you, I know I could talk my DH into an add on at the Villa at the Poly!!!! That will be our 1st add on!!!

We have 175. We went a little lower because we have a baby on the way and knew we wouldn't be traveling as much for the next couple years. We intended to add on. I'd like to be in the 200-250 range.

I did a poll on this two years ago.

Out of 450 respondents, the average number of points owned is 345. Currently I have 240 which gives us just enough for a 1 br for a week at BCV. While we can stay much longer in a studio, we really love the 1 bR. And I just saw someone selling 25 points at BCV for $86 a point at TTS!! I'm tempted!

Interesting question. I wonder if we could get a ballpark idea by posting a poll here on the DIS/DVC board. I know we are a small smapling of DVC owners, but a sampling, none the less. If everyone here participated in the poll, we might get a good idea about DVC as a whole. The problem is wording the poll correctly. Are there any people on the board who run polls as part of their job? They would be the ones to help in the wording of such a poll. I too would be interested in those results.

I know there is availability for taking poll on the boards, but i noticed another website that may be able to help too. It's located here: http://polldaddy.com/
It's a free site, but again as Diane said...need someone to word the questions correctly, and i'm not sure i'm the right one for this job. From the features listed, there's a lot of information that can be collected. I thought the idea of where everyone is from in relation to how many points purchased would be interesting..... coldest winters = more points... that kind of thing.
Just a thought.popcorn:: Oh... 910 points here:thumbsup2

Our Guide told us on Thursday that the average person had 222 pts.
S :)

We just bought our first set of 320 BLT points in November. I don't see us adding on anytime in the near future, but I'm sure as the kids get older (and bigger!) we will want more space.

I say the average is closer to 210.

The current poll is indicating 150-300 on this board, and another "bump" around 350-600.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter