• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you set your thermostat to?

What do you set your thermostat to?

• Less than 65 degrees

• 66 degrees

• 67 degrees

• 68 degrees

• 69 degrees

• 70 degrees

• More than 70 degrees

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ours is set at 62 from 11:30 p.m. until 5:30 a.m.when it goes up to 67. I then set it anywhere from 68 to 70 degrees during the day depending on how cold it is outside. I find we sleep much better at night with the lowered thermostat.

One of the reasons I was curious about this is I set ours at 66 when we are home and I have co-workers who think I'm nuts. I can't say this scientifically but it seems to me there are less colds in our family since dropping the temperature. I wish someone would do a study along these lines.

It is looking so far like 68 is around the mid-point in this survey.

from 3-10ish it is about 62-63. We turn it down to 60 at night. About 6am DS sets it at 66 and sits on the heat vent attempting to wake up while he eats breakfast. (Yes, I know this sounds strange) QUOTE]

doesnt sound strange to me i still stand in front of the heater in the morning to warm up
mines at 64 at night then i warm it up to about 75 in the morning then turn it down to 70 my house holds the heat really well and the heater wont turn back on till late afternoon

We turn ours down to 60 during the night and while we are away from home. At night we stay plenty warm as we each have heated mattress pads - OMG - they are wonderful if you've never tried them! Each of us also has a down throw that we use to cuddle up in while watching TV and we put them on top of our comforters while we sleep. When we get up in the morning I crank it up to 64-65'ish just to take the chill off.

I keep ours at 71 all the time. But we live on the 3rd floor of an apartment building, so even at 71 the heat doesn't always kick on.

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

How are you all not freezing? We don't really have a system- just move it up and down as it gets too cold/too hot. It's never below 70, though.

Can I come and stay at your house? Our's is sitting at 65 and I'm ALWAYS COLD.

We are 60 at night and when we are out for the day-up to a whopping 65 in the morning and eve. I would prefer it a it warmer, but ony have budgeted enough to fill the oil tank 3 times this year. We wil be looking into getting a fireplace or stove as soon as $$ allows.

We're in NE Ohio in the snow belt...we're at 72 almost all winter when we're at home (we set it to 67 when we're going to be gone all day)...even at 72 I feel the need for flannel sheets, a comforter, and usually a heavy quilt + fleece or flannel pj's-but I'm cold a lot-DBF is hot all the time and used to sleep w/his windows open no matter how cold it was outside-he sleeps on top of most of my blankets and usually just wears shorts and a t-shirt to bed...he puts up with me because he loves me:hug: Sometimes when the gas bill comes I wish I was more "hot blooded!":eek:

Gosh, we have our a/c on right now! It is set to 68 to cool off this place! (MS) We are sweltering in December. In cooler weather, during the day time, ours is set on about 65 and bump it to 62-64 at night.

Ours is on 72 at night. During the day, it's 71 if we're not home and between 73 and 75 if we are.

we use oil filled heaters in our bedrooms since our upstairs addition was done so poorly we have no heat upstairs, so we keep the rest of the house at 67 and just use heaters upstairs

I think I might win the prize for lowest setting while away - 55 degrees! Roomie and I are gone at work each day for a minimum of 11 hours, so why heat the condo when no one's home?

When we are at home, I'm happy with 60-62 but she prefers a little warmer. I usually wait to turn up the head until after I've cooked dinner, as that seems to raise the temp a degree or two. However, anything over 64 and I get overheated and have strange dreams at night (I have an amazing down duvet from Ikea).

She usually turns it up a few degrees in the a.m. when she's getting ready, sometimes up to 67 or higher. At least the strange dreams wake me up in the morning, so I don't run late for work! :lmao:

62 day and night here. We actually haven't turned the heat on yet- it's been a pretty dry, warm winter in NC so far (we could really use lots of rain, though). Today it got up to the high 70's and the house was hot!! I'm interested to see how long we can go before we need to turn on the heat. It sure is nice not to have a high gas bill!!

We keep our temperature around 65 degrees during the day and 60 degrees at night.

Our furnace would be running all of the time if we kept it any warmer. We have had our heat on since around Labor Day. It has been a very cold Nov/Dec.
During the cold spells (around 0 or below) we wear extra clothing!

You do get used to the cold weather. It seemed warm yesterday. The temp was around 12 to 15.

We keep it at 65 when we're awake and home, 62 at night and when we're not home. It's a little chilly, but with oil prices the way they are I don't want to go any higher!! I also agree with the PP that (unscientifically) I think we tend to get sick less when we keep it a little cooler, at least I hope we're getting some benefit to being cold all winter!

Hi! We are in Ohio! :goodvibes While home, we keep ours set at 60 degrees but if it is a really bitter cold day and windy, than maybe on 62 (while we are awake, off totally while gone, low at night while sleeping - 50 degrees)! We just keep a throw nearby if needed or dress a bit warmer (no tshirts) and we have lots of blankets at night!

We keep it at 68 all the time, but it's always cold anyway. We live in a 100 y/o house, so insulation is a problem. With oil costing what it does lately, I'm tempted to bring it down to 66. This is going to be an expensive year us :scared1:

Suburbs of Chicago.

Usually keep it at 68 during the day and 65 at night. HOWEVER, hubby just had surgery and is cold all of the time so it's been at 73 during the day and 68 at night. Gas bill is going to kill me this winter. Ugh!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter