What do you put in your daypacks?

PrincessMinnie28

Mouseketeer
I was just curious what some people carry in the parks with them. I'm not travelling with kids, so I want to keep our large lumbar pack pretty light. What are some things that are good to bring that I probably wouldn't think of?:confused3

as little as possible.........camera, jacket (even when hot for over enthusiastic AC restaurants) Chapstick, $20 cash, room key & cell phone.

Cell phone, room key, picture id, sunscreen, money, hand sanitizer, camera, small supply of meds(advil, immodium, tums).

Sunscreen lotion, a bottle of water, poncho, washcloth (also for wiping face).

I am sure there are a few other things that I am forgetting :)

in addition to what everyone else said:

small first aid kit (bandaids and ointment)
tissues

Hi! I am going in 5 days and I have my stuff ready to go-(now bear in mind I would rather take a little extra and not have to buy it in the parks-some would rather take less and just buy in parks if need be-so it depends on your preference) I have an Overland Donner bag and you wouldn't believe how much fits it there!

Camera
Water bottles (1 on each side)
Sunblock-mini
Anti-bacterial wipes (in a snack size ziploc bag)
Wet facecloth (in ziploc bag)
Chapstick (spf kind)
Ponchos
Mosquito wipes (although last time we didn't see even 1 I am taking them just in case)
First Aid kit (I bought a mini size one at the dollar store and restocked
with my own stuff--(I bought mini jewelry size baggies at a craft
store to put pills in)
Advil
Tylenol(some in our party can't have advil)
Pepto bimal tablets
Tums
Zantac (can you tell we have stomach issues sometimes?)
Bandaids
Mini neosporin

Tissues(small travel size)
Misty mate
Batteries
Light sticks

Hmmm i feel like I am forgetting something.
Oh I also will have a stroller with me so if it gets too heavy I can store it in there.
I realize it is a lot of stuff but I wouldn't feel comfortable going to the park without it.
Hope that helps!!

~Farley

Advil, small poncho from the dollar store, Wet Ones (great for wiping down tables, hands, faces), small hand santizer, small sun screen, water bottle, glasses wipes, bandaids, kleenex, gum (they don't sell gum anywhere at WDW), water bottle, bug wipes, chap stick, hairbrush. I also almost always carry some empty ziploc bags. For leftover food, wet stuff or to put my camera bag in on wet rides. And if its rainy season and I am wearing shoes and socks, extra socks. Although I usually have on Teva's with no socks but learned one time the hard way, extra socks can be a nice thing to have!

Maybe we are crazy, but we are actually thinking of not carrying a back pack this trip. Does anyone go empty handed to the parks?:confused3

Insect repellant wipes - I like the Off ones. Generally needed only in the evenings though.

A super cheap "flannel backed" tablecloth from the dollar store, cut in half - I use this for a dry spot to sit in case of a wet sidewalk at parade time, and to just mark our territory there (although always politely, and we spread out the tablecloth for just enough space for my daughter and myself). HAS to be from the Dollar Store - they are really just plastic tablecloths with just a very thin, thin film of flannel on the back - the flannel gives it just enough weight to make them easy to manage, while being very small and lightweight when folded up.

Tylenol/Motrin for headaches/muscle aches - don't want those slowing me down

Extra battery/memory card for the camera

2.5 gallon plastic bag to shove the backpack into during those extra wet rides

A few pieces of moleskin cut into small strips for foot/shoe issues - works so much better than bandaids

I do not bring a lot to the parks; it is usually me and my sister on my Disney trips.....a biggie for me is dental floss; hey ya never know...something stuck between your teeth can ruin your day :goodvibes.

Though I am sure you would have thought of most of the following; here is what I bring to the parks..

ID
Room key
Camera/extra battery
Lip gloss
Mirror
Money
Definitely some extra moleskin
Depending on the weather - a baseball hat/poncho
A list of my ADR confirmation numbers

Enjoy your trip!!!!!!

:wave2:

Jacket/Sweater, glasses, LED flashlight, sunblock, advil, pepcid a/c, Purell, wetnaps, camera, extra mem stick, and emergency $50.00 cash money millionaire.

Foobs :cool1:

I very rarely take a pack. What I took into the park today was my very tiny wallet in my pocket. Nothing else. But I dont have any little kids either. Sometimes I take my very tiny camera in my other pocket.

awesome question.
Thanks everyone for all the tips, really helping me out, this trip will be the first time going to disney, and I didnt want to pack to much, and I didn't want to forget anything either.

This is my tentative list:

camera
sunglasses
sunscreen
bottle of water
snacks
cell phone
money/credit card
ID (for possible alcohol consumption ;) )
poncho (I'm not sure, we've never really had a problem getting out of the rain)
tissues
hand sanitizer
advil
I was also thinking socks for AK (if we actually go) because my feet got soaked last time and it was so uncomfortable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter