What do you pack in your park bag?

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by flamtap, Jan 20, 2010.

1. flamtap

flamtap planning first trip with kids

(Please point me to existing threads if there are any)

Headed to WDW in 10 days, might as well be our first trip, it's been so long.

We have DS8, DD5, DS2. We are planning to have a backpack or two with the stuff we need in the park during the day. What do you pack in your park bag. Here's what's on my list:

Blister & regular band-aids
    water bottles (I know you can get free water in the parks, but...)
    park maps
    itinerary printouts
    snacks
    snack containers
    spare socks
    Diapers & Wipes
    Wet wipes (for hands/meals)
    straws, napkins
    spare camera battery in ziploc bag
    extra ziploc bags
    ponchos
    ibuprofen
    small sunscreen

It sounds like a lot but we "practiced" in Wash. DC for a day this fall and did pretty good with the above.

For the rides where we can't take a bag and won't be rider swapping, are there places to put bags in the loading area or do we need to do something else?

Thanks for the tips!

flamtap

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kcmickey

kcmickey Mouseketeer

looks pretty good to me! we've made multiple trips with DS now and i can't think of anything major you don't have! Maybe an ink pin or two for your autograph book(s) though :thumbsup2

enjoy your trip! yay!

4. brettcw23

brettcw23 DIS Dad #722 Pittsburgh, PA

Excellent list! As mentioned a pen and tablet or 2 for autographs or just to quickly write down details if need be. Perhaps some allergy meds like Benadryl just in case (bees, odd allergies, food reaction, etc.)

5. brettcw23

brettcw23 DIS Dad #722 Pittsburgh, PA

Also, I had a back pack last time and I think I took it on every ride. Just shoved it between my feet. And we left lots of stuff in\with our strollers and never worried about a thing. Some attractions actually have stroller 'valets'.

6. Lucky1218

Lucky1218 Earning My Ears

This might be a good suggestion and guidance~~~!:cool1:

7. FlightlessDuck

FlightlessDuck Pluto's personal nose scratcher

A camera, sunscreen, and maps.

Everyone carries their own cellphone.

Heck, I think we are going to skip the bag this time.

Then again, we don't have kids in diapers anymore.

8. glk2009

glk2009 Mouseketeer

Extra clothes for your youngest?

Have fun!!!

9. Princesspigletsmom

Princesspigletsmom Earning My Ears

I recommend hard candies/suckers they are sometimes life savers for a long line or just crabby kids. Also moleskin ( got a dollar store) for blisters.

10. monkey30

monkey30 Dreaming of my next vacation!

just a question why would u need straws and napkins???

11. Zeebs

Zeebs DIS Veteran

Blimey that seems like a lot to me. We have two small children on our trip to WDW they were 11 months and 2.5

Our bag had

2 nappies (diapers) luckily they both fit the same size, small pack of wipes and nappy bag.
    A drink (bottle of water)
    bib
    camera
    and suncream

Anything else if needed and it wasn't could be bought or obtained from first aid with regards to meds, blisters etc.

Plus we had a stroller so actually the nappies went in the bottom of that.

So our bag was nice and light.

Kirsten

12. 2shortpeopleruleme

2shortpeopleruleme Mouseketeer

I think your list is great! I also brought Take and Toss sporks. The forks in the resturants are just a little too big for their little hands. I also found anti-bacterial wipes (they are packaged just like handi-wipes) and threw them in as well.

I always over pack it, but would rather carry it and not need it!!

Have a great trip!!

13. kohlby

kohlby DIS Veteran

How about a stain stick? We'll pack one because our nearly 4 year old is a mess magnet!

Our bag - 11 month old, nearly 4 year old and 6.5 year old:
    *stain stick
    *diapers
    *wipes
    *hand sanitizer
    *emergency snacks for line waits in plastic snack bags so containers are small!
    *water bottles
    *empty plastic bags in case of a diaper blowout
    *Change of clothes for baby
    *Camera
    *Sunscreen
    *Ponchos if change of rain

14. flamtap

flamtap planning first trip with kids

Thanks for all the tips!

I've been looking for moleskin at drug stores but can't find it. (been looking near band-aids) I'll try the dollar store.

The straws (& napkins) -- We always bring bendy-straws when we go out to eat. That way our youngest doesn't have to tip the cup so far when he wants a sip, which means less spilling! I guess we can find napkins anywhere but they're always handy.

I think we'll probably overload the bag the first day or two, then figure out what we really need for the rest of the week.

15. deva

deva DIS Veteran

I also have DS8, DD5 and DD2. I back one ziploc with rain ponchos and keep it with 5 umbrellas in the under-stroller storage basket. For each child I have a complete change of clothes (shorts or pants, shirt, undies or diaper and socks) in a ziploc bag. They store compactly and I keep these in stroller pocket. We have a bag of dry snacks (chips, crackers, cereal bars etc), and a drink for everyone. I take 5 diapers and a travel size of baby wipes. Finally sunglasses for everyone (store kids in stroller pockets near the drink holder), sunscreen and a small hand sanitizer.

16. cdnmomof2

cdnmomof2 Earning My Ears

bags of trail mix, pretzels, goldfish crackers & juice boxes.
    My kids also like fruit roll ups or fruit bars and they barely take up any room at all - but they are sticky, so wetnaps will be required.

17. rskbh00

rskbh00 Mouseketeer

Planning our first trip and I have been making a list of what to include in carry bag and looks like you have thought of everything.

18. ppan77

ppan77 DIS Veteran

popcorn:: We leave in 5 days! Thanks for the list!

19. growinupdisney

growinupdisney DIS Veteran

imodium - sometimes the food can upset tummy this will help!:eek: ipod, psp something for them to do while waiting! i bought a disney mini sticker book at dollar tree for my 2 year gave to her when in line she loves stickers take it back once got on ride! She would have them all over her body but who cares your in Disney plus she was sticking with the them:wizard:

20. jenn-n-okla

jenn-n-okla Jenn-in-Okla

Like someone else said ....rain ponchos, and ziplock bags in various sizes. Pack them inside each other. Another thing we brought was a wash cloth. It worked great for getting wet should you get one that over heats.
    Moleskin ...I found it at Wal-mart over by the shoes of all places.

21. bakalorber

bakalorber Mouseketeer

Don't forget a t shirt if one of your kids pukes on you. Been there, done that!