What do you miss the most from your last cruise???

SweetSpot said:
Sitting on the verandah watching my DH actually relax, the ocean rushing by and the flying fish knowing there are know chores to do or appointments to be kept.

Yes! It was the first vacation where DH was truly DISCONNECTED from work - no email, no phones, no teleconferences. :cloud9:

Also having someone else take care of everything - meals, cleaning, entertaining ... :cloud9:

I miss watching for falling stars on my verandah. The only sound was the water rushing by the ship-it was- oh yeah-Magical!

I miss the boat rocking me to sleep each night - like a baby. The best sleep I've ever gotten. And all the pizzie dust :wizard:

I miss the motion of the ship, and having someone else cutting up my daughters' food and getting them to eat. Restaurants here back home just haven't been the same.

Miss the feeling of total relaxation.

"I was a queen once..." (yes I know, that's from a different cruiseline...but it still works)

I miss the sound of the ship's horn, the way my heart flutters when I see Mickey, the steel drums playing as I walk around 9th deck. I also miss the sounds of the ship itself. The clacking of stateroom doors, the "When you Wish Upon a Star" bing before an intercom announcement...the song they play before a show starts. Oh, there are so many! I also miss the feeling of a frosty pina colada/smoothie stinging my hand....and the salty sea air.

Most of all, I miss the carefree feeling I have when I'm waving goodbye to Port Canaveral at the sail away party! I could go on, but now I feel like Eeyore!

i miss it being "acceptable" getting excited to see mickey mouse.

i miss the over abundance of food.

I miss the warm weather.

i miss the pampering.

i miss not having to worry about anything.

i miss the feeling of not wanting to leave... actually, i still have that feeling, so i guess i dont miss it...

and i miss PIKEY and the crazy awesome BINGO callers that were simply amazing!

I miss the discovery of something new every day. Not having somewhere I had to be at certain times. Taking pictures of my food. Surprise towel animals every night. Getting up from a meal in a restaurant without having to pay the bill. Sitting in Diversions reading Trivial Pursuit questions to my DH who's watching the world go by through the port hole. Waking up without an alarm clock. Seeing parts of the world I've never seen before. Being too relaxed to get out of the chair. Trying to get a picture of Minnie in all her outfits.

I miss walking into my room to find it clean, with a freshly turned down bed, a towel animal and chocolates.

I miss relaxing on the "secret" deck with a conch cooler.

I miss the Vista Spa and the Rainforest Room.

I miss the enthusiastic smiles of the CM's, especially the ones I saw everyday in the spa! I felt like family by the time I left!

I miss the hot tubs and the adult only area that made me feel like I was on a private yacht.

I miss Castaway Cay!

I miss Room Service!

But as they say, this is just temporary exile- check out the countdown clock! :cloud9:

I sooooooooooooooooooo miss my DCL cruise friends and that wonderful feeling of being a kid again (at heart). But most of all the closeness of spending quality time with my hubby and not having a care in the world!

PS ... and the fresh fruit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter