What Do You Make For Your Vacation?

Thanks for all of the inspiration and help! I thought I'd post SOME of what I've made for the trip.

DSC_6481.jpg

DSC_6482.jpg

DSC_6511.jpg

DSC_6522.jpg

Welcome Letter from Jack Sparrow and Pirate Oath

DSC_6516.jpg

Autograph bags

DSC_6533.jpg

Treat notes from characters

DSC_6526.jpg

Pirates League Invitation

DSC_6528.jpg

Star Tours Passport (to keep track of all of our destinations)

DSC_6530.jpg

Drivers Licenses for the Tomorrowland Speedway

These all look great! I love the pirate league invite!
I really like seeing everyone's projects, thanks for sharing.

Does anyone know where to get letters for character meals that are similar to Natalie's DISigns? I love the designs, but it seems like you can't get them customized anymore.

I love the mickey head good treat cards. Where did you get those from? I have looked and can't find anything.

Thanks for your help!

rae96 said:
Does anyone know where to get letters for character meals that are similar to Natalie's DISigns? I love the designs, but it seems like you can't get them customized anymore.

I love the mickey head good treat cards. Where did you get those from? I have looked and can't find anything.

Thanks for your help!

I got the Buzz Lightyear treat card from Natalie's photobucket (she has 20 or so different ones on there). For the others, I got the various Mickey heads from Milliepie's 4Shared account and added the notes on my own.

I think Natalie has lots of blank invites on her photobucket, so you could just download those and personalize them on your own (if you know how. If not, I think Dolly has a thread around here somewhere that tells how to personalize in Word if you don't have photoshop)

Here's my "day card" that I will give to all of my travelers and a shirt design I made for the kids. We are a livestock show family and show cattle on a national level, so I made a bull design with a mickey brand. The kids love them. All designs were made with Photoshop. I had the shirts made a cafepress.com and the cards are 4X4" and laminated at my local print shop.

informationcard.jpg

mousehouse2012.jpg

My DH and I always make our shirts, 2008 and 2010 trips we actually turned coloring sheets into iron one and painted the shirts in. When we went in 2011 we went in August and we knew it was going to be hot so I took tank tops and my DH went ahead and wore his favorite shirts from 2010. This trip we wanted to make. We shirts but I didn't want to paint them, so we bought different material and I cut a Mickey head from my cricut and I used iron on fusing and then just outlined them with fabric paint. They turned out really cute. I will try to post pics later. Also we like to make tye dye Mickey head shirts, this year we are making them for the Christmas party so we are making them red and green.

ARAITHEL said:
Here's my "day card" that I will give to all of my travelers and a shirt design I made for the kids. We are a livestock show family and show cattle on a national level, so I made a bull design with a mickey brand. The kids love them. All designs were made with Photoshop. I had the shirts made a cafepress.com and the cards are 4X4" and laminated at my local print shop.

Omg! Love these!!! How did u make the cards? Too cute! We live on a hog n cattle farm so can relate to your show shirts ;)

I made 18 shirts for this last trip....a few note cards...

100_2020.jpg

100_2014.jpg

DLHalloweenInvite1b.jpg

I did the glitter too and LOVED IT....the 2 favorite shirts got a lot of attention...the Purple Halloween one...and the Black Halloween Party Ticket shirt...

HH:thumbsup2

I just finished a countdown calendar. My three little ones fight every morning over who gets to take off the clothes pin.

I can't figure out how to add a photo or I would.

I am also working on t-shirts, luggage tags, autograph books, boarding passes, and welcome letters.

I am still looking for a fairy godmailer to send postcards in the next week but haven't found one yet:sad1::sad1::sad1:

I made 18 shirts for this last trip....a few note cards...

100_2020.jpg

100_2014.jpg

DLHalloweenInvite1b.jpg

I did the glitter too and LOVED IT....the 2 favorite shirts got a lot of attention...the Purple Halloween one...and the Black Halloween Party Ticket shirt...

Awesome shirts!!!

Would you mind sharing how you did your glittering. It looks so perfect on the round and square shirts you trimmed with glitter.

Just saw the question......SORRY....

I took fabric glue....used a lip stick brush and a skewer....it took a while to do them...but so worth it....I have washed them a few times since I've been home and the glitter is coming off....I think it's because I glued on the transfer NOT the shirt material....

I will do it again though....the glitter really sets it off....I used the Tulip glitter and bought the Stretch fabric glue..

I hope that helps...

Very nice glitter shirts! i'm so not crafty, but would love to make special ones for my girls!

I was wondering how I can see and download the images on 4shared? I've been going to these links but nothing shows...I just have a basic accoutn, but it asks me to upgrade to premium.

Thanks!

Headlesshorseman said:
Just saw the question......SORRY....

I took fabric glue....used a lip stick brush and a skewer....it took a while to do them...but so worth it....I have washed them a few times since I've been home and the glitter is coming off....I think it's because I glued on the transfer NOT the shirt material....

I will do it again though....the glitter really sets it off....I used the Tulip glitter and bought the Stretch fabric glue..

I hope that helps...

So are you talking about the tulip glitter glue?

What is everyone up to these days? What have you made for your trip?
I need to take pictures, but I just finished printing autograph cards, phew!:rotfl:

I also have a CRT invitation, Surprise card, snack bag toppers, stroller plate, plane boarding passes,and have yet to work on T-shirts, pressed penny containers and I know there must be something else! :rotfl2:

This thread gave a lot of inspiration for our trip in March 2012 - check out here for all my projects http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2955360

Now planning for our 2nd trip December 2013 and I have list of items and glad I have 11 months to do it :rotfl: Right I am planning on - pillowcases, autograph books, epcot passports, treat bags, shirts, pressed penny holder, lanyards, flipflops and welcome gift and letters. I am sure I am probably missing or will find something else in the coming months LOL I will be sure to post new pics as I get them.

Back to my addiction while I plan our trip :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!