What do you like about okw? -- update!

nvrenoughdisney

Mouseketeer
I recently posted regarding last minute availability and okw has quite a bit. We currently have 9 nights at the boardwalk but my kids want to split our stay so I'm considering doing 4 nights at okw. I'm reluctant to leave the boardwalk so I was hoping to hear what everybody loves about okw. We've already stayed at bwv multiple times. We are looking for a relaxing trip so it'd be nice if there were activities at the hotel. We will have a car and we are a family of 5. Thanks!

One thing I really love is that the balconies have a table and four chairs (at least 1 BRs and larger). So the whole family can sit out there and relax.

I like the balconies, too. I also like the amount of space in the units. The kitchens are larger than in other DVC units, and there is a dedicated laundry room. The boat to DTD is also nice.

There are daily pool activities at OKW same as other resorts. There's also a sand volleyball area and shuffleboard. Pin trading boards too if your kids are in to that...my kids both love pins.

And if any interest in Disney Quest, it is only a short boat ride away. DH & DS will typically go to DQ while DD & I shop at Disney Springs.

What size room are you in? I like that the studios have 2 queen beds instead of a sleeper sofa and that the rooms are large. Also that you can park right in front of your villa for the most part.

if you have car - you will love OKW - you are minutes from your villa. now you can ride the bus - but being able to easily (yes say easily - while getting to your car at BWV can be a pain) get to your car for meals or grocery shopping is pretty nice.

It has the largest villas - so you will have plenty of room. the 1-bedroom does allow 5 - it has the sleeper chair as well as the queen sleeper sofa.

think they are changing the studio to have the murphy bed under the tv - so it should allow soon.

That's good to know. We will mainly be visiting Hollywood Studios and Epcot while over at BWV but I do remember having to walk in the pouring rain last time to get to our car!

OKW is our favorite. Always get close to hospitality house so it's easy walk to pool, tennis, etc. Olivia's is excellent The boat ride to DD is easy. Villas are huge. Park right next to room. Great balcony. Full size laundry room.

Do you think it is still worth it if we can't be near HH? That category is booked.

Oh yes - HH category isn't important IMO.

I love the tropical feel of the resort, the large balconies in the 1 & 2BR's and the Gurgling Suitcase. :) It's a very relaxing resort yet not far from any of the parks and has the nice boat ride to DTD.

Oh yes - HH category isn't important IMO.

I love the tropical feel of the resort, the large balconies in the 1 & 2BR's and the Gurgling Suitcase. :) It's a very relaxing resort yet not far from any of the parks and has the nice boat ride to DTD.

All of this! It feels like a laid back resort vacation - but you have Disney parks and attractions on top of it.

20 days to go for us until our next visit... ☀️

What I like:
1. Laid back and quiet
2. Park near your room
3. Big rooms
4. Boat to Downtown Disney--especially now with all the construction

I really feel like I am on vacation when I am at OKW. Love the balcony to sit and read or watch the golfers,having breakfast on the balcony is a great way to start the day.

Exactly. No hallways with noise, no people getting off elevators. Sit on the balcony and most likely you're looking at a golf course, with other buildings in the distance.

Do you think that means kids might be bored with it? We really like AKV because it has that relaxing feel but also things like the animals and community hall to keep kids occupied.

We have recently fallen in love with OKW. The 1BRs are an incredible deal. The kids love the resort, including the community hall and the many pool options. We feel so much more relaxed when we visit SSR and OKW than we do at the other resorts. We own and LOVE SSR, but we are constantly in a points crunch and OKW helps with that. I never thought we would enjoy OKW as much as we have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter