What do you have for Christmas dinner?

Discussion in 'Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board' started by PoohBWV, Dec 20, 2004.

1. PoohBWV

PoohBWV <font color=green>Moderator<br><font color=red>Pro

We always have turkey, but I would like some new side dishes this year. Anyone have some good suggestions?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. nepean

nepean Mouseketeer

We always have turkey but add a ham since my nephew is allergic to turkey and chicken. We add homemade tourtiere since all of the guys love it. My sister has her mother in law's receipe and it is really good.

Merry Christmas

4. hockey mom

hockey mom <font color=coral>Loves to do the Napkin Dance at

This year we are having steak. I am not a turkey lover and we have already had 2 turkey meals with different families.

5. mbb

mbb <font color=green>Wishin' & Clappin' & always Beli

a creamed spinach side...saw it on Barefoot Contessa a few days ago - easy, and looked yum!

:sunny:

6. melindaandrob

melindaandrob <font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>I

A friend who grew up in Nova Scotia told me that she remembers her Grandmother's stuffing as having mashed potatoes in it. Would anyone know of this? If yes do they have a recipe?

7. minnie56

minnie56 <font color=magenta>Whatever it is, he said it is

Turkey, Ham, Roast Potatoes,Yorkshire puddings (Can you tell I'm British??) and assorted veggies...this year I am trying Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta and Chestnuts as one of my veggies....all cooked with Marsala ..yummmm Maybe carrots and Cauliflower too??? Not sure..

8. SplashMom

SplashMom I have a whole new perspective on life!

My in-laws always put mashed potatoes in their dressing. I'm not certain of the entire recipe but I believe they replace half of the bread with mashed potatoes. The rest of the recipe stays the same. It is delicious!

9. PoohBWV

PoohBWV <font color=green>Moderator<br><font color=red>Pro

My mother always grates a raw potato into the stuffing. It seems to make it moister. Never heard of putting mashed into it though.

10. cabmom

cabmom DIS Cast Member<br><font color="blue">The Tag Fair

How about Green Bean Casserole?

I got the recipe off the kraft website, it's delicious! It was a hit on Thanksgiving for us.

Marilynn

11. chasbos

chasbos DIS Cast Member<br><font color=blue> I hate snow!

We go to my MIL's on Christmas and you had better have an appetite! She likes to keep everyone happy - including the 15 grandkids (good luck). So she has chicken (we are chicken farmers), roast beef (my BIL is a dairy farmer), ham (we are also pig farmers), meatballs - big and small, potatoes, hash brown casserole, fried rice, peas, beans, salads, jello's and then she still thinks we need dessert!

Now my side of the family is a little (no alot) more laid back and tonight we will have finger foods, veges and dip and just snack all night long.

Regardless of what we all eat - have a Merry Christmas everyone and enjoy the time with your families.