• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you do when you FIRST get to your hotel?

MagicalMomAZ

DIS Veteran
I'd like to start my Disney vacation first thing in the morning, so what do you do with the hours of your day that are unfilled on your arrival day?

I'd think DTD...but I wonder if I could be that close to the park and NOT go in? Or swimming if it's warm enough....Just wondering what other families do.

Yep, unpack the essentials cameras etc, check the sheets, and head out for a fun day. Character meals are definately fun, shopping in DTD at the Disney store is a blast, to buy your mickey ears, your tshirts and hoodies for those cold nights. But if your at the park around noon I would just head into the park other wise, you would probably have a lot of time like at least 8 hours to kick around the parks. I wouldnt wanna waste a minute of it.

We get situated first. Check to see if we forgot anything. Take a ride down to Target and get the things we forgot and stock up on water and snacks. Take a swim. Go eat and then walk to Downtown Disney. We like to go listen to the guy who plays the Metallica songs on his instrument that I have forgotten the name of.

I know this is totally not what you meant but the first thing that came to my mind when I saw what do you do when you first get to your hotel. First thought, rip the comforters off the bed and put them in a corner.:rotfl2:

Now to what you really meant. We are checking in on a late Monday afternoon, at our leisure since we will already be in town. I think we are just going to go buy our passes, do a few rides and then do Build A Bear with our daughter.

It's tradition, (for me anyway),as soon as we pull into the parking lot,I have my wife check us in. I'll grab a cold one and relax while the kids unload the car. After a 9hr drive,it's shoes off and feet in the pool. Then it's dinner plans and arguing abt what time to hit the park the next morning.

LOL, kellymom - why rip off the comforters? :confused3

Oh my... careful what you ask.
Let's just say it like this (speaking for why we also rip the comforters off!) They dont get washed between each guest...
The ICK potential is HIGH.
Icky.

We drop everything in the room, and head to DTD and go straight to Ralph Brennan's to eat! Then we take our time and wander around DTD and soak up the atmosphere!

Oh my... careful what you ask.
Let's just say it like this (speaking for why we also rip the comforters off!) They dont get washed between each guest...
The ICK potential is HIGH.
Icky.

Exactly why we take them off as well. The ick factor. :eek:

We go the parks. Last time we arrived at SNA at 4:30, checked in and were at the parks by 6:30 in time for the parade.

Yep, comforters go directy into the closet! EWWWW!

Then I disinfect the entire room with lysol wipes and q-tips soaked in alcohol. . . .

;)
Nah, just kidding about that last part. :lmao:

We try to keep it low key if we aren't visiting the parks. We eat dinner at MiMi's Cafe, take a swim and get to bed EARLY. :thumbsup2

We're another comforter closet stasher. We unpack our lugages and if we haven't stopped at the grocery store/costco to get water and snacks we do that. If it's an AP blockout day we may go to the pool, walk around downtown disney and grab some dinner. Then had back to our room to get to bed early so we can be at the gates first thing in the morning. If it's not an AP blockout day, we still unpack and head straight to the park as quickly as we can.

Well I am a bit OCD I guess - but I spray everything down with lysol or wipe them down with clorox wipes. . . . I am trying to avoid getting ill :)

The day we arrive in the Anaheim area we are staying offsite - grocery shopping, enjoying DtD and doing an evening tour of LA - in bed by 10pm to get up at (or before) the crack of dawn checkin at the GCH and head to the parks for EE :)

I guess I've always been lax about germs. We use hand sanitizer but that's about as germ free as I get. We don't use the comforters, we just roll them down to the foot of the bed.......but now I think I may follow suit. :eek:

We always been able to plan our flights to either get in early in the day- before 2pm or late at night- after 9. If we get in early enough to have 6+ hours in the park we feel its worth the use of a day on our ticket. If we get in late we go to bed so we can get up early. Same thing when we leave. We either plan for 1/2 day in the park or we leave early, without time to do anything before departure.

This trip we get in at 2, to long beach airport. We'll be in the park by 3:30 or so. When we leave our flight is at 5:20, so we have about 5-6 hours in the park that morning.

comforter off too! and I do a sheet check for blood spots re bed bugs(it would be cool to have a tricky csi light,or would I get grossed out?) AND then we unpack:cool1: We changed our passes to 8 full days so we can go to the park every possible second:banana:

First thing we do is check for bed bugs. Only takes a few minutes, worth every second IMO!! Then we get situated in the room, may lay down for a little bit after such a long drive.

Then it depends on the trip. In the past we swim and do DTD. This year were adding an extra day to our park hoppers and will be spending that day in the park as well. :)

We arrive on Saturday... around 4:00 or so, we plan to get our groceries (delivered from Albertson's) and swim, take stock of "whassup" maybe go to DTD and be back at the hotel by 9:25 to watch the fireworks from the balcony... then to bed for an early day at Disney! (if we can get the girls to sleep! LOL)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter