What do you do on your first night

fairytale

DIS Veteran
We are visting the world for the second time in October and just wonder what you fellow Brits's do on your first night.

Our flight lands in Orlando at 2.30pm US time and normally by time we pick up our hire car and get to the Hotel we're too tired to do anything but find our PJ's and head for bed.

However, sat here now writing this Thread I am so excited :banana: to get there I feel that it's waste of a night just going to bed.

What do you do on your first night ??

We will probably spend the evening at the pool, and have our dinner there or in one of the resort restaurants, if we can get DD away from it.

If you are arriving 2:30pm and eveything goes well you could be in your hotel for 4pm. We were last August. Unpacked and went to Downtown Disney to collect out AP's and Pirate tickets we ordered online. Never go to bed before 11pm on 1st night, I would be up at silly o'clock if I did.
This Easter trip we were on later flight did not land until 7pm ish, our friends had us Pizza ready at their house, after that just went to Apartment unpacked and relaxed a bit before bed.

A trip to DD and a takeaway pizza. If it's still too early for bed we will go to Walmart to stock up on supplies.

Very little, Joshua is usually tired, get to the villa, unpack and I go to Publix.
That's it really.

Last time I went I drove straight to DTD, sat in the Rainforest Cafe, ate the biggest afternoon lunch ever ! and then went to find the hotel that I had been given on the last minute deal !!

Yeah im with wayne about the 11 oclock thing, though very hard to do. We usually arrive check into hotel. Take a walk down i drive and have a drink by the pool bar. Go out for some dinner and have a nice stroll back to the hotel to bed.

If we're staying at a villa, as soon as we've had a look around and taken some photos we head for Publix. Once back at the ranch, we set up a buffet station for everyone to assemble sub rolls of their choice. We normally spend the next couple of hours in and around the pool and jacuzzi.

If we're at a hotel, we like to perch at a bar and enjoy our first burger of the holiday.

Either way, we're normally done for by around 10pm. I find that I suddenly hit a wall - I'm fine one minute and wasted the next. I don't try to fight it because I know I'll be awake early the next morning regardless. I'm always too excited to go back to sleep once I'm awake. I use that time to unpack and settle in.

All the above sounds good!
We've landed at all sorts of times in the past. I remember one year, we were due to land at 5ish, but due to a broken plane and a delay, we didn't get in the villa until 1am!!!!!!! Even I couldn't be bothered to make the first trip to Walmart that year!
If we're 'home' by 6pm, we tend to go to Walmart to stock up for the first few days. Then, after a few days, we do a big shop. And as has been said, try to go to bed 11-12, so we sleep better...
Matt

Unpack, have a wander around the resort (usually we stay onsite), have something to eat and then crash out.

Usually drop DH and the girls at the villa so they can try out the pool and then head to Publix for essentials.
Unwind by the pool with cold meat & salad and a nice chilled glass of wine :thumbsup2
Try to stay up til at least 10pm - but we're alway up early the next morning regardless

In 2005 and 2006 the plane landed at 12.30 pm so once we had checked in at the hotel we headed to Sea World for a relaxing walk around. We also do not go to bed till about 11 pm thereby ensuring no ridiculous early wake ups as in previous years. This ensures you get the most out of your first day instead of being tired and going to bed early.

Last year the intention was to go straight into Universal but the plane was late so settled on a walk round City Walk and a meal.

This year we intend to head straight into Universal Studios (staying at Hard Rock so only a 5 minute walk away).

We tend to not stop much till we come home on our holidays which is the way we like it.:)

We land at around 3.40pm usually so by the time we get to the hotel and get checked in it's almost 6, so we just unpack our cases and then normally we walk around the hotel and get dinner. :goodvibes

We also stay awake as long as possible (this is really hard) just so that we have a good nights sleep and we also find that it helps adjust to the time difference.

We have a bit of a tradition now - once checked into the hotel we have a shower etc then a wander round the gardens/pool etc.

Then order a club sandwich :)

Sounds not very adventurous I know but its become what we always do - then its off to bed as I am always wide awake by 4 am !!

Well we should be arriving around 3pm On the fridayso we plan to get to the hotel ASAP chuck our suitcases in have a wonder around we wanna go to walmart and Downtown disney i really dont know till i get there though! i might wanna go to Magic Kingdom as its open late =) .

Last year was my first not feeling nauseous on arrival, since we were hyped up on Pro-plus we managed to stay up until half 9. We just explored the resort and had a CS dinner but maybe next time we will do a park for a bit :upsidedow

Very little, Joshua is usually tired, get to the villa, unpack and I go to Publix.
That's it really.

Sounds like us! We just unpacked a few bits and dived into bed. DH went out and shopped for us all!

We stayed at POR last Summer and loved it so much we're returning this July. Our flight gets in mid afternoon so assuming there are no major hold ups, after we unpack we're planning on getting the boat to DTD. There are so many restaurants there that we love though it will be hard to choose which one to try first, maybe Bongo's, Raglan Road (familiar food to ease us in!) or Wolfgang Pucks. I've heard since last time we were there that the newly refurbished Wolfgang Puck Express does takeaway so if we don't feel like eating out we could take our food back to our room in Riverside to watch the weather channel and the wonder years. We try and stay up as late as possible on the first night but the next morning i always wake up at about 5am anyway, very useful for making an early start for the first few days though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter