What do you do on your first and last days?

We have only been a few times, but FP+ has changed my plans.
We drive (6-7 hours).
With FP+, we are choosing to do Epcot on arrival evening to get a ride on Soarin' and eat at Garen Grill
I prefer to spend our last day in MK with a character brunch in or near MK.

We always pick the early flight from STL and are able to check in and be in the MK by noon at the latest. On check out day, we always choose the latest nonstop home. We usually vote to see what everyone wants to do. Usually, we end up going to the MK and each picking at least one ride to end the trip on, and then we play SOTMK. Last trip we went to HS to get a PBJ milkshake and do Animation Academy.

It depends on what time we get to the resort. With an extra day so inexpensive, we sometimes add a 6th day and go to a park for a few hours on our arrival day. Because we got there in the late afternoon and were tired, we checked into the hotel and went to Downtown Disney. On our last day, we usually check out of the hotel and go to the park until 4 and then start the almost 20 hour drive back home.

First and last day on the upcoming honeymoon trip will be Magic Kingdom! We're fortunate that we're only a two hour non-stop plane ride from Disney, so we will get there that Sunday at 9:00 AM and leave the following Sunday at 7:30 PM. Leaves us plenty of time for park time and we've booked FP+ and ADRs for both days.

Last time we arrived too late to go to the parks so we went to DTD for dinner and a walk around. This time we are flying overnight through Toronto and are scheduled to arrive at 11:15. Plan is to head to the hotel, checkin and a quick nap if we can. Then heading to Epcot for a few rides (FP+ booked) and Le Cellier for dinner.

We leave early morning so our last day is planned to be a full one of MK in the morning, Epcot for the afternoon and Akershus for dinner. Then back over to MK to see if we can make it for the whole 2am EMH. Probably a chance we'll skip Epcot to head back to the hotel for a few hours but we'll see.

First day we usually unpack, check out resort, grab something to eat, and maybe swim!

Last day, do the same.

Usually we take later flights so going to a park is usually not worth it for us.

We don't like to waste a moment, so we usually arrive the day before (a long drive) and stay at an off-site hotel. We get up very early in the AM so we can drop off our car at our resort (and some stuff with the bellhop) and get to the park by RD.

What we do depends on the day we arrive because that dictates the park we choose. It also depends if we are celebrating any special occasions and who comes with us.

Ideally: we start with MK because it's just so Disney. We often also end with MK. On our two EPCOT days we don't rush -- we just enjoy a couple of rides and haunt the WS, eating, drinking, and shopping. HS and AK happen in the middle.

So following that logic, we like to go to Space Mountain or BTMR, depending on which area we've chosen to visit first. We end the trip with Wishes.

On my trip I am arriving in the evening so I am just going to go to DTD to eat dinner. The days I am there I didn't choose the order for sentimental reasons but based on crowd levels. The day I leave I am going to a spa treatment and then heading out that evening.

The first day is usually relaxing with my folks (I stay with them) and the last day is usually DTD....I guess technically Disney Springs now.

This upcoming trip is very different. I get in so late that I consider the next day my "getting in" day. We're doing a Cape May Cafe breakfast, shopping and surrey bike rental around the boardwalk, then a late lunch at Flippers. Last day will be Epcot for the 4th of July then getting up ridiculously early the next morning for a nice, long drive.

the arrival day we get there about 3-4pm after a 9 hour flight so we usually have something to eat at EPCOT usually Mexico and just chill around WS ready for rope drop at MK the following day. The last day we usually stay around the resort and lounge around. have a leisurely breakfast, a dip in the pool and get the last few bits as our pick up is around 3.30pm.

We'll probably just eat dinner at AoA after a nine or so hour drive in. Last day we'll pack the van and hit the road. If we must, we have reservations in Chattanooga, otherwise back to Illinois to do laundry since DS 1 has camp three days after we leave WDW.

First: Hang at the resort and pool.
Last: We usually go to Magic Kingdom and stay for the fireworks the last night, but this year it's a MVMCP night and we're not getting tix. (Been there, done that.) So we're going to Universal for the first time.

We spend our very last hours before our flight at DTD, specifically at Goofy's Candy Shop using all our left over snack credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter