What do YOU do in line?

I keep a paperback in my backpack for use when I get tired of people watching or talking--especially helpful if I want to escape others bad behavior in line ;)

This time I will include The Magic Of Disney book so I don't forget the little suprises I want to catch this time around.

I try to keep my twins from killing each other or their little brother ;) It keeps me pretty busy. The kids are kept busy trying to kill each other and DH is kept busy playing with his phone trying to pretend he has no idea who we are :)

This cracked me up! :)

In response to OPs question, we mainly use line time to chat about what happens next. I may do a bit of quick stretching and sometimes I go through my photos and delete the clearly bad pictures and duplicates. But mostly we do everything in our power to keep line waiting to a minimum.

I try to keep my twins from killing each other or their little brother ;) It keeps me pretty busy. The kids are kept busy trying to kill each other and DH is kept busy playing with his phone trying to pretend he has no idea who we are :)

:rotfl2: This is totally my DH too. Sometimes I REALLY wish I could do the same!!

Oh I am dying laughing at this! I have 11 year old twin boys with 8 year old twin boy/girl- I am SO there with you! My hubby REALLY loves candy crush whenever they misbehave LOL

On the rare occasion I am in a line, we people watch with a twist. We make up imaginary stories about a person or group also in line. For example, we see a group all wearing ears and suggest "they are on their first trip to WDW and it took a year to save up and organize the trip. Mom and Dad are tired but want to see everything but forgot about lines" well...stuff like that. I also check my ressies and apps on my phone for our next ride. I'm a commando type park person so my biggest problem is trying to take pics of the ride set-up while basically running through the "cattle gates" to the start of the ride.

Sometimes, because my feet are usually sore, I see how long I can stand on first one foot, then the other. Kind of like a flamingo. But not as attractive.

Lol I love this!

We usually just talk in line. I've only been twice and never had to wait in any really long lines!

We bring a Disney trivia book and ask Disney questions. We also play 20 questions with one person coming up with a Disney character the rest of us have to try to figure out.

What do you guys and gals do in line to pass the time? The last time we went, we would try to take the silliest picture we could. :upsidedow I caught a pic of my brother talking on the phone, but it looks like the phone is attacking him! :upsidedow

I have to try this next time!

We bring a Disney trivia book and ask Disney questions. We also play 20 questions with one person coming up with a Disney character the rest of us have to try to figure out.

Love it!

We used to sing songs the kids are older now so we have switched over to talk about school, their friends, books, and what plans we have for the next couple of weeks. For the ones that mention people watching. :thumbsup2 Also one of our favorites. Contrary to everyone else a long line doesn't bother us much, some of our best Disney memories have been while waiting in line, or meeting the characters.

I wish more people just talk to each other or their families. So many families today don't do that enough.

We chat up others or talk about what we are going to do next.

If a CM is close by we ask them questions!

We have met some great people at Disney by talking to others!

:goodvibes

I take pictures of my kids in front on interesting scenes in the que. My kids text and play games on their phones which is what they do anyway.:laughing:

We play "road trip" games:

-We choose a category (like, The Little Mermaid) and try to come up with a word relating to the category for every letter of the alphabet.
-20 questions
-One of us will choose two actors, and the other one has to try and connect them through their costars in movies. (This can get tough when you only have your memory to rely on!)
-I-Spy
-Alphabet game - try to spot things for each letter of the alphabet, in alphabetical order
-And of course, rock, paper scissors!

Last time we bought the hidden mickey book and talked out all of the hidden mickeys we could potential find in the line, during the ride, etc. It certainly helped to pass the time.

I like to get any of the "Hidden Mickey" books. Trying to find them is a great way to pass the time. "Hidden Mickeys" are a great example of the attention to detail the Imagineers possess!

DH plays silly games with my son-- squish the spider (his hand is the spider), "magic" tricks with things disappearing and reappearing. When I was younger and went to Disney with my family, we brought small camp tripod stools for sitting in long lines to give our feet a break. It was summer, we had no idea of what a touring plan was, and I remember a lot of time in line. Everyone asked where they could get one. As a teenager I just talked to my siblings and we would people watch. Mostly, DH and I have decided that we would rather go during a less busy time with our kids so the lines are short and wait time is just building anticipation for the ride and looking at the queue scenery.

If we are in line somewhere where I can get a 4g signal on my phone I will usually mess with my phone. Look on Facebook and Twitter or read the message boards.

DH is not a talker so we don't stand in line talking to each other.

But we rarely ever have to wait in lines more than 5 minutes because we go during the off season when school is in session.

Most of the time when we are in line we are in a line that is steadily moving forward so I don't do anything if that is the case. I just keep inching forward.

If I'm with someone else,we talk. If I'm by myself, I look around at the many wonderful sights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter