What do you do at the Boardwalk?

It isn't a Disney trip without a stop at the Boardwalk. We love to get pizza from the pizza window on our arrival day. Multiple nights we will go just to get Beaches & Cream ice cream and walk the Boardwalk. It's one of the top things I miss the most when I'm not at Disney. It has a magic of it's own.

Agreed.

People who spend time at the BW must have found something I'm missing - we aren't super impressed but it is a nice walk! :goodvibes

If you are looking for Cirque du Soleil this isn't it. If you looking for a fairly low key night that can include:
-A couple of shops to meander through
-"street entertainers" that watching kids get a kick out of (kind of fun to watch them enjoy themselves and be entertained with corny but fun shows),
- a trip to the candy/ice cream shop
- a pleasant walk watching the Boats go back and forth from EPCOT and Hollywood Studios
- A trip the the Boardwalk Bakery
- a slice of Pizza from the Pizza Window
- An adult beverage of app's from one of the restaurants.
- A walk to the Yacht and beach Club Resorts
- A few carnival games
- If you have Park Hopper a walk to France (or Boat ride to EPCOT) for dessert is always nice too!
- In the AM a coffee and snack from the Boardwalk Bakery is nice also (but not worth a special trip for most...but I will sometimes if we aren't staying at BW).

If you are looking to be entertained for hours this probably isn't the place. Of course if you enjoy a bit of downtime, grab a chair on the boardwalk porch or just a bench along the water, and enjoy looking at the lights twinkle off the water you might enjoy.

To each their own, no right or wrong.

It's not a different type of thing. Disney is not aiming to be Seaside Heights, they themed the boardwalk as if it was set in the 1920-40's. Boardwalks back then were alot different then they are now. And Disney does a good job of entertaining there from morning till night even though people may disagree. They could easily fire the performers and get rid of the clubs for more shops but it would kill the theme that they want.

I'm not sure what 'entertainment' there is until about 7pm. I stay there at least once a year....I have yet to find any entertainment out prior to the evening. Unless you count shopping as entertainment, or surrey bikes, or sitting listening to nice music being piped onto the boardwalk. Other than that? Nope, nothing.

Stepping way back for a minute...

I remember the excitement of anticipation when we were watching Boardwalk first being built.
It was the promise of another great Disney entertainment and dining area on the way!

Then...
I have never been so let down with what actually emerged.

Let's say that the place LOOKS great from across Crescent Lake
while sitting on the beach in front of the Yacht Club, and leave it at that.

:(

Honestly, I've never thought of it as a destination place. I thought it was meant more for the resorts in that area - like a giant resort complex.

We stay at Beach (or Yacht) Club and love it over there. The whole area (including all Epcot resorts) feels like part of the hotel amenities. :rotfl: It's great for sitting outside your hotel having a cocktail at night, people watching, just relaxing.

But if I were staying somewhere else, I don't think I'd make a trip over there, unless I was eating at one of the restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter