What do you consider a "Long Walk"?

What is a Long Walk to you?

• From your couch to the fridge.

• Quarter mile

• One mile

• Five miles

• Just call me Forest Gump!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would consider anything longer than 2 miles a long walk. There wasn't anything between 1 and 5 in the poll so I had to go with 5.

I would consider anything longer than 2 miles a long walk. There wasn't anything between 1 and 5 in the poll so I had to go with 5.

I didn't want to have to many options, so unless you are a hardcore walker most everyone would consider five a long walk. That is my reasoning behind the options.

As long as I don't sit down, just call me Forest Gump.

The walk from Koussina on the Boardwalk to Hollywood Studios in 100+ degree heat!

LOL! THAT was a LOOOOOONG walk!

5 miles is a long walk for me. I consider the walk from Congress Park to DTD, a short walk. An even shorter walk is the walk from Congress Park to the main pool or the Turf Club. However, I've been told by friends and family that I'm wrong! IMO, if it takes you 10 or 15 minutes to get there, it's a short walk, unless of course you like to dawdle!

By the way, does anyone know what the distance is when you walk all around OKW by the golf course?

What, nobody has answered "the BWV hallways" yet?

Walk to the fridge? That is why they invented the phrase "Hey Honey, while you are up can you grab me a..."

I want to answer "It depends..."

I think we're all subject to days we're not at 100%. Other days I can walk and walk and walk ...

I wear a step counter, and on our last trip to WDW, I had several days where it went over 9 miles in a day.

The walk from Koussina on the Boardwalk to Hollywood Studios in 100+ degree heat!

LOL! THAT was a LOOOOOONG walk!

I agree that the answer depends on the conditions. In our many summer trips, it wouldn't take much distance to make a walk "long".

But in general, if we can walk somewhere in a half hour or so, we would consider that to be a pretty short walk. So I voted 5 miles for the same reason as hellerjw.

There is a big difference between a long walk here at home and a long walk at WDW. I can walk all day there, enjoying every minute... until I take my shoes off at night.

I wear a step counter, and on our last trip to WDW, I had several days where it went over 9 miles in a day.

I wear mine too, we usually average 10-14 miles a day at WDW.

And I do not consider the walk from Congress Park to the main pool a walk, it's a short stroll. As is the walk over to DTD.

If I'm starting my trip at Disney and I can sit in an attraction, eat lunch, etc...then I consider 5 miles a long walk.

If I'm at home, and trying to get a little exercise...then I consider 1 mile a long walk...although I usually go closer to 2 miles.

If its the end of the day at Walt Disney World, I'm exhausted and my feet hurt...that 1/4 mile to my room can be complete torture!

I'd say it is a matter of perspective and goal. Walking from the monorail terminal at EPCOT to the World Showcase entrance while visiting the park isn't that long. Walk the reverse so you can catch the train to the MK, then the walk is a along one.

Walking from the TTC to Grumpy's section in the parking lot could be considered a long walk :)

Depends a lot on the conditions and purpose. In July and dressed for V&A I don't want to walk very far. Generally I am ok with most walks of 30 minutes or less. 5 miles is a long walk (my vote).

If I'm starting my trip at Disney and I can sit in an attraction, eat lunch, etc...then I consider 5 miles a long walk.

If I'm at home, and trying to get a little exercise...then I consider 1 mile a long walk...although I usually go closer to 2 miles.

If its the end of the day at Walt Disney World, I'm exhausted and my feet hurt...that 1/4 mile to my room can be complete torture!

My vote is to add this as an option!:lmao:

I was going to say 5 miles is NOTHING at WDW!

1 mile is a cross country TREK at home:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter