What do I need to bring to OKW?

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by jpwoods, May 2, 2013.

1. jpwoods

jpwoods Earning My Ears

We are not DVC members, but rented a 2 bedroom villa through AAA for a group of 8. We've never stayed in a villa before so I am confused about what I need to bring and what housekeeping takes place.

I have made this list so far. What else am I forgetting?
    paper plates
    plastic ware
    paper towels
    detergent for washing machine
    detergent for dishwasher
    toilet paper (?)
    salt & pepper

We really only plan on eating breakfast foods and snacks while in the room.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

If you are paying cash to Disney for your room (even thru AAA) vs. renting points from a DVC member, you will get housekeeping every day just like any other resort. Everything will be replenished daily/ as needed.

4. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

The only thing on your list that will not be in the villa is salt and pepper. The 2-bedroom villa will have real plates (not paper) and flatware (not plastic).

The paper plates and plastic utensils are only in the studios.

5. chepic

chepic I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some p

I always bring a box of baggies for left overs, a dishwasher cube to super clean the Jacuzzi (I am a germ-a-phobe), coffee filters (mr. coffee style pot), salt, pepper, seasonings for cooking, and 1/2 a week's worth of clothes (I do laundry while there).

As stated above, with a 2 bedroom all necessary kitchenware is there so no need for paper.

Have fun, you are going to love it.

Cheryl

6. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

If you booked for cash through Disney (AAA, I guess), you should get full cleaning every day with supplies replaced every day.

If you booked through DVC (points or cash):

When you arrive and each service day (every fourth day), you will get a single use box of Tide or All. No fabric softener or softener sheets. If you plan to do more than one load every four days, you will need to bring laundry detergent. You will need coffee filters if you plan on making coffee (flat bottom basket style - Mr Coffee style). You will also need coffee, sugar, sweetener, creamer if you want more than one or two cups every four days.

If you stay seven nights or less, on day four (with day one as check in day), you will get your trash removed, towels replaced and amenities replaced (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, soap, coffee pack). If you stay eight nights or more, you get a full cleaning on day four and your trash removed and towels replaced on day eight.

This comes from the DVC website:

7. Junebugwv

Junebugwv DIS Veteran

About the only thing we needed in the kitchen that was not supplied: napkins.

8. Junebugwv

Junebugwv DIS Veteran

About the only thing we needed in the kitchen that was not supplied: napkins.

9. BEASLYBOO

BEASLYBOO <font color=deeppink>It's part of the charm<br><fo

In addition to the above, I also like to bring a a few sheets of aluminum foil, I use the oven! I fold them and put them into an asst. of zip lock bags! I also bring bounty dryer sheets and detergent!

10. jpwoods

jpwoods Earning My Ears

Thank you. I never would have thought of aluminum foil until i was down there. I also had never heard of cleaning the jacuzzi with a dishwashing cube! Thanks for that tip!

11. Deb & Bill

You don't really need napkins because you will have at least one, maybe two rolls of paper towels.

Ziploc bags or containers are always helpful.

You won't get very much shampoo and conditioner, so you'll want to bring extra.

12. friends with mickey

friends with mickey DIS Veteran

Coffee filters if you want to make it in the room. They have coffee but not filters and most important your credit card!:rotfl:

13. Deb & Bill

The coffee supplied in the room comes in filtered pouches that make about 4-6 cups. So you don't need a filter with those. But you only get one, maybe two, on each service day.