what do i do?

DisneyGirl1994

i'm a punk rocker,skater,and i like so why don't y
ok i really and i mean really like this guy. he is so cute and the best thing is i have his phone number! but bad news is we are really good freinds and i don't think he likes me more than a friend. should i try to ask him out or should i just stay friends with him. this question keeps on ringing in my head. so this is why i am asking you guys... please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well dont ask him out because i have many guy friends and they tell me that a girl asking a guy out is weird. and if he likes you more then a friend then he'll ask you out. also if you want try asking him who he likes or something and if he asks you back just say.." I like you a little bit"

I hae the same problem but now the guy i like likes my best friend so....it really stinks...but just try that and it might help :)

-Jessie princess:

from my experience with guys, they actually like it when the girl makes the first move... It shows them that the girl can take charge and she is sure about herself. I think you should try and find out if he likes you, if you find that he doesnt like you then you can try and flirt with him or hang out with him more and he will probably grow a little crush on you. but if you are afraid it will ruin your friendship then don't do anything, this could just be a crush and you don't want to ruin a great friendship over something little that you can get over very quickly and easily.

I have strained and ruined my best friendship by trying to make it more than friends...

It hurts.....
A
LOT
When he
BREAKS
UR
HEART

But then again, maybe your guy will be different. I wouldn't take back the time we had for anything, but I was so hurt...that...yah... :guilty:

2HOT2touch said:
from my experience with guys, they actually like it when the girl makes the first move... It shows them that the girl can take charge and she is sure about herself. I think you should try and find out if he likes you, if you find that he doesnt like you then you can try and flirt with him or hang out with him more and he will probably grow a little crush on you. but if you are afraid it will ruin your friendship then don't do anything, this could just be a crush and you don't want to ruin a great friendship over something little that you can get over very quickly and easily.
Yeah. I can't tell you how many guys I've talked to have questioned why guys have to be the first ones to make moves.

But I would still advice that you don't ask him. Like other people have said, it could ruin the friendship you two already have.

Princess Ash said:
I have strained and ruined my best friendship by trying to make it more than friends...

It hurts.....
A
LOT
When he
BREAKS
UR
HEART

But then again, maybe your guy will be different. I wouldn't take back the time we had for anything, but I was so hurt...that...yah... :guilty:

oh ash, i'm so sorry! :grouphug:

and always remember. you are youre best judge. life is always about taking chances. and if you hold back your feelings from something that might be something good, it'll only break your heart in the end. you cant have a rainbow without a little rain, darling. theres a time and a place for everything and if youre meant to tell him, you'll know when that time is. take advice, but listen to your heart first. close your eyes and leap, because if you fall down, the only place left to go is up. :goodvibes good luck sweetie. and dont worry, i know a number of us on here feel the same way.

Alright first off, making the first move is great, don't be turned away by that. Next, life is all about taking chances you should never turn one away. Finally, there's a difference between guys and girls, with this scenario. Girls remember this kind of stuff for the future and the friendship might be awkward from the girls point of view when a guy asks her out and she says no. Now from the guy's point of view, it doesn't matter anywhere near as much. See guys forget easily, I mean we invented instant replay in sports because we forgot stuff we just saw.

Uuaww said:
Alright first off, making the first move is great, don't be turned away by that. Next, life is all about taking chances you should never turn one away. Finally, there's a difference between guys and girls, with this scenario. Girls remember this kind of stuff for the future and the friendship might be awkward from the girls point of view when a guy asks her out and she says no. Now from the guy's point of view, it doesn't matter anywhere near as much. See guys forget easily, I mean we invented instant replay in sports because we forgot stuff we just saw.
No offence but that's kind of stupid. Yeah life is all about taking chances, but you shouldn't take every one you see. There is a chance that if I jump off a bridge onto a moving freeway, I'm going to live, but your not going to see me doing that anytime soon. Also your stereotyping guys as dumb oafs who forget everything. If I was good friends with a girl, and I asked her out, and she said no, it would be kind of wierd talking to her again.

BTW, a little bit of advice girls. You should never NEVER turn down a guy. No matter how apauling he might be, take your free dinner or movie or whatever and deny a second date if it was that bad. Otherwise your just coming off as a prick.

MuNkY said:
BTW, a little bit of advice girls. You should never NEVER turn down a guy. No matter how apauling he might be, take your free dinner or movie or whatever and deny a second date if it was that bad. Otherwise your just coming off as a prick.

not all guys are nice though...really. some of them just want to take a girl out just to do something we're not allowed to talk about. (x_x) i fully agree that you shouldnt just turn down someone because of the way they look or dress or whatever, but personality can mean a really big thing. and if you know from other people that theyre that type of person well....

DollfieDreams said:
not all guys are nice though...really. some of them just want to take a girl out just to do something we're not allowed to talk about. (x_x) i fully agree that you shouldnt just turn down someone because of the way they look or dress or whatever, but personality can mean a really big thing. and if you know from other people that theyre that type of person well....
Say no if they try to. It's honestly not that hard. If they still come on to you, you can press charges. :confused3

MuNkY said:
Say no if they try to. It's honestly not that hard. If they still come on to you, you can press charges. :confused3

but remember...not all guys have the same levels of maturity, good consciences, and an all around good heart. some guys just wouldnt understand a "no" if you explained it to them. same thing goes for girls. not everyone is nice and has a good head on their shoulders like you. thats all..

DollfieDreams said:
but remember...not all guys have the same levels of maturity, good consciences, and an all around good heart. some guys just wouldnt understand a "no" if you explained it to them. same thing goes for girls. not everyone is nice and has a good head on their shoulders like you. thats all..
Like I said, if they keep pressing for you to, ahem. You can press charges and sue them for quite a bit. I'm sure they would understand "no" once you take away half of their life's savings.

And also let me explain the concept a little more. If a girl says no to a guy, it's like, "what, you can't even take a few hours out of your time to get a free dinner and a free movie?" I'm just saying, it kind of makes you come off as cheap. So just swallow your pride for a good 5 hours, and if it's honestly that bad, just deny a second date. And as I've said for a third time now, if they don't get it, get a restraining order or something. And what if you have a good time? A simple date you would have normally said no to, could turn into a long relationship. I've seen it happen before.

ok from my point of veiw i have ask out many guys before. and alot of guys said yes but the guys who said no they also said that " I would love to go out with you it is just that it is just not the rite time. " so in the future guess what!! the same guys ask me out!! wow so maybe guys do like to be asked out first by a girl? you never know not all guys are the same ever thought of that?? :confused3

MuNkY said:
Like I said, if they keep pressing for you to, ahem. You can press charges and sue them for quite a bit. I'm sure they would understand "no" once you take away half of their life's savings.

And also let me explain the concept a little more. If a girl says no to a guy, it's like, "what, you can't even take a few hours out of your time to get a free dinner and a free movie?" I'm just saying, it kind of makes you come off as cheap. So just swallow your pride for a good 5 hours, and if it's honestly that bad, just deny a second date. And as I've said for a third time now, if they don't get it, get a restraining order or something. And what if you have a good time? A simple date you would have normally said no to, could turn into a long relationship. I've seen it happen before.

so your saying girls come off as cheap if they turn down a date wow what if i said guys are cheap if they said no to a girl asking them out and giving them a 50 dollar gift sirtificate to his fave store or his fave reasteraunt? huh? what about that?? :earboy2:

ok from my point of veiw i have ask out many guys before. and alot of guys said yes but the guys who said no they also said that " I would love to go out with you it is just that it is just not the rite time. " so in the future guess what!! the same guys ask me out!! wow so maybe guys do like to be asked out first by a girl? you never know not all guys are the same ever thought of that??
I don't think your getting what I'm saying.

so your saying girls come off as cheap if they turn down a date wow what if i said guys are cheap if they said no to a girl asking them out and giving them a 50 dollar gift sirtificate to his fave store or his fave reasteraunt? huh? what about that??
That would mean your trying to buy your way in.:confused3

Buying your way in, and coming off cheap is two diffrent things.

MuNkY said:
I don't think your getting what I'm saying.

That would mean your trying to buy your way in.:confused3

Buying your way in, and coming off cheap is two diffrent things.
no it just means you are being nice enough to spend your own money on him.

DisneyGirl1994 said:
no it just means you are being nice enough to spend your own money on him.
With the way you put it, it would mean to "help" his decision. Hence, your buying your way in.

*sigh*...but i do think we're coming off as a little off topic..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter