What do I do with all these pistachio nuts?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by eeyorefan74, Jan 20, 2008.

1. eeyorefan74

eeyorefan74 DIS Veteran

I was given a huge bag of pistachio nuts at Christmas. I love them, but can't possibly eat them all. Does anyone know of any recipes they're used in?

2. Crazy Hakim

Crazy Hakim DIS Veteran

3. micki7337

micki7337 <font color="blue">Luv that Mouse!<br><font color=

easy send them my way LOL

just make some nut breads and add them to the other nuts. also superbowl is coming if you are going to a party then bring some.

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. problemchild718

problemchild718 DIS Veteran

Substitute them for walnuts in choc. chip cookies or for macadamina nuts in white choc chip cookies. I second nut breads. Make a bunch and freeze.

6. lovewdwdvc

lovewdwdvc DIS Veteran

You can freeze them and use as needed. I am not sure exactly howl ong they will keep though.

7. cdrn1

cdrn1 <font color=royalblue>what I wouldn't give to have

Melt choc chips, throw in a handful or two and spread it on waxed papers and chill. Very yummy!

8. CajunDixie

CajunDixie <font color=purple>"Carpe diem, quam minimum credu

Do you work? As long as a co-worker didn't give them to you take them to work and either put them in the breakroom or on your desk.

9. clarabelle

clarabelle <font color=green>Pandas don't seem to have much o

I make a muslei type thing. Take Rolled Oatmeal and put it in a container. Add splenda or sugar to taste. Also cinnamon about 1/2 tsp. Then cover with milk and let sit in the fridge all night. The next AM I add some fruit -bananas, raisins, frozen blueberries and then sprinkle with chopped nuts -especially pistachios.

10. okeydokey

okeydokey Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child.

Yummy!!! I do this but add craisins as well.

11. seallenz

seallenz Mouseketeer

I make pistachio-crusted salmon a lot. Spread mustard or mayo or horseradish on one side of salmon and then press on a mixture of breadcrumbs and pistachios. (I usually just put a piece of bread in the food processor with the pistachios.) Melt butter/oil in a skillet and cook crust side down a few minutes, then turn it over and let it finish in the oven until the fish is cooked through. I suppose you could do the same thing with chicken if you don't eat fish.