what digital camera are you using?

chrismartinique

Mouseketeer
trying to decide on a digital camera for our trip - 4 kids - there will be lots of photos. Please post you camera make & model and why you love or hate it. Thank you

* Want to spend $300 max
* Doesn't have to be pocket size, but want pretty small
* Ease of use - I don't mind adjusting a few things, but its got to be easy

i use a canon rebel xt. its BIG. i know you were looking for small. http://community.webshots.com/user/kycruisecrazy here is a link to the photos i have taken with the camera over the part 2 years. some WDW some not. i think most people would like a nice small canon or sony. they are pocket size but they need large memory cards if you want to take photos at will. (i took over 3800 at WDW in 2005) just an idea. i hope it helps ya.:banana:

We were using a very tiny sony camera (2.0 mp) that took great pics, but didn't have a zoom, so far away was an issue. Prior to our trip this past month we just purchased the "Sony DSC-W55 7.2-Megapixel Digital Camera", for just under $200. It got a lot of great reviews that we found online, and I have to say was absolutely great! Took great pics, small enough to fit in a pocket/fannybag, and had a great zoom.

Good luck

I just got one for our upcoming trip to WDW. I got the Panasonic Lumix fx12. We love it. Very compact, huge viewing screen, and very easy to use settings. We got it at Costco for a reasonable price. I really suggest getting an extra disk so you can store all of those extra pictures.

Enjoy!

We have aLumix as well - the TZ1. It looks like its running right about your $ limit. I love it. Very easy to use. Good pictures. It claims a 10x optical zoom, but goes higher with lower res pictures. That was our whole goal - the most zoom we could still fit in our pocket. Not that its teeny, but it fits :thumbsup2

Nikon D50...and the whole family loves it! Now that prices have fallen on it, we're talking about getting a second one.

i have a cannon powershot A520. It is small and quite easy to use. It has many different types of picture modes like fast mode. You can get a picture of your kid on a roller coaster without any blur. Or if you're artsy you can use the slowmode to get the blur. It also has a firework mode to take pictures of...well fireworks without getting blurry. It is a great camera and it fits in your pocket! 4.0 megapixels is what i have but it's a year or so old so it might have gotten even better. My only dislike is the wait time for flash. It's not too long and i'm sure everyother camera has the same problem.

Well good luck with the search!

During our last trip, DH and DS13 were in MK for EMH at 2:00am and happened to see Goofy riding the barnstormer. He wished he had a camera with him at the time - would have been an awesome picture. So he said he really wanted a camera small enough to keep in his pocket. I bought him a Canon Elph - its really small, but takes really nice pictures. It's easy to use and cost about $250.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ProductCatIndexAct&fcategoryid=113

go here and compare several of the A-series near the bottom. They provide good pictures, ease of use, relatively inexpensive, and aren't too big.

If you would like a better camera, look at the Canon S3. I believe Office Depot or Circuit City has these in their circulars this week and Canon is offering a $75 mail-in rebate, which puts it at under $300 for a really good camera.

I just brought a Nikon D50 and it was amazing. I took almost 1,000 pictures and 95% came out crystal clear and beautiful.

I'm watching this thread because although I loved my D50, that sucker was heavy to carry around and I think I want a tiny camera for our next little trip to the World.

None!

I fell in the water while in NH and it died. It was a cannon and it was wonderful in its day.

I was not even near water almost all day I went to wash off my crocs and slipped in to my waste. What an idiot I was.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W80 Digital Camera is what I have and it is fabulous!!

Both 7.2mp stills and mp3 video on this one. I use a 2gig mem card for 2 hours of video and a 4 gig card for over 1200 stills. Really makes a vacation fantastic to look back at. Has a Carl Zeiss 3x optical zoom lens and 2.5" screen, and auto focus. The best feature is the face detection technology which usually centers the face of your photo subject and the steady-shot motion sensors which never give me blurred shots anymore! I highly recommend it. Usually retails for around $249 with 32mg internal memory, separate 2gig or 4gig cards not included, and features HD output. At Circuit city I believe they also have a $20 off discount for web purchases, but when I bought mine I mentioned the web sale and they gave it to me at the store. Good luck!:cool1:

Instead of the Canon A series we opted for their SD series instead. The SD cameras have lithium-ion batteries and the cameras are a bit "faster."

We picked up the SD750 in May and ADORE it. Takes great images as well as videos. We are now just bringing the camera and leaving the video camera at home for our WDW trip!

I highly recommend it!

Our travel camera is a Canon Powershot S500 Digital Elph. It's a few years old (4, I think) so I'm sure there are newer models out now, but we love it. We paid around 250.00 for it, but prices may have gone down by now. Great picture quality, easy to use, and it's nice and small. It's actually our second Elph, DH dropped the first one and busted the zoom and I just got myself a new one instead of fixing it.

The "good" camera is a Nikon D100, which I love, love, love, but there's not way I'm lugging that bad boy all over WDW. It's too big and too expensive to even think about taking.

We're wanting to get a new one as well. Specifically one that takes pictures in the 1:1.5 ratio so there is no manipulation or cropping necessary to print. It seems that 85-90% of the cameras out there do not shoot in this ratio.

I saw that a few people posted comments on the Nikon D50, and liked them very much. Has anyone had any experience with the D40?

I have a Canon Digital Rebel XTi. And a older Kodak Easy share!!!! But I love my canon!!!

I have the Nikon Coolpix P2 I got it for $199 2 years ago its a GREAT camera and does amazing in low light conditions. I have been exteremely pleased. I can take indoor pics that come out great with and without flash. I could share some pics from Halloween last year (I have before on the photography forum) to show how well it does in night conditions too.

Of course now you can get the newer models for that but I have been switched from a Canon girl to a Nikon gal. I want to get a D80 next. ;)

The Canon S series seems to produce some amazing pictures as well.

I asked this same question not that long ago and was directed to the photography board, I got lots of good info over there and decided on the Cannon S3. I got it for 270.00 and we LOVE it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter